Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Amna SharekarYour feedback matters!
Do the haemoglobin count becomes less during monthly periods, which leads to weakness even difficulty in breathing (occasionally) ?
Metabolic syndrome: Causes and symptoms
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be,
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
I had a ectopic pregnancy last year. And laparoscopy surgery was done. Doctors say that they diet harm the tubes. But after that my weight is continuously gaining. I have never crossed 53 kg . But now I am 59. I am doing little diet on my own. And brisk walk for 40 mins. Still there is no effect. Please suggest. Is iy due to surgery or os there any hormonal imbalance?
I have pcos problem for more than a year. Sometimes I get periods regularly and sometimes it takes a couple of months or more. What should I do? Is there any way to treat through diet?
We had unprotected sex on 23 rd after that she had taken ipill but no bleeding happened next day as mentioned in ipill box. Now her periods dates were on 23 or 25. But now its 27 and there is no sign of period. Is there anything to worry about or any chance of pregnancy? Please guide
Hello Sir, I forgot that my wife had period and I did sex so tell me that what will happen doing sex in periods can she get pregnant.
This morning I had foreplay with my partner So is there chances of getting pregnant cuz my penis was in touch with her vagina (Note: we both r still virgin) So if there is any chance so should I take I pill or unwanted 72 or something like that?
During pregnancy the size of vagina is increase or not? And which conditions is responsible for seizure?
She is having some milky discharge from her two breasts when Squeezed on her last day of period. Why?Is it pregnancy symptoms?
Due to second degree burn I have to take tt injection and doctor insisted to take it on arm please insists me other option I am afraid to take it on arm.
Sir/Madam, My wife is 6 months pregnant can I have sex with her for normal delivery. Others told have sex but I have fear how do to which position. How many times in a month. Pls give a solution.
Sir 03/05/2015 ko meri sadi ke bad mene sex kiya he usi din me abhi period se nahi huvi hu. Last period 30 din pahle huva tha kya me pregnant hu.
I had pregnancy and have a six months old baby but didn't get periods till now what should I do? Is that anything serious.
Hi am 35th weeks pregnant now. I went check up after 13 days. But my weight didn't increase it show same weight. I worried that my baby weight didn't increase properly. I wanna to know weather my baby weight increased or not?
Hi I'm 25 years old I am not knowing whether required amount of sperms are entering in my vagina or not to conceive, because most of the sperms comes outside after intercourse, we are doing intercourse once daily in every alternative day in between 6th day to 18th day after my periods.
I am 24 years old girl n I am suffering from a great lower abdominal pain. After diagnosis I found that there is cyst (3.5×2.6 cm) in my left ovary. So plzz tell me what kind of treatment I have?
I had a miscarriage in Oct 2015. Trying since February 2016 again. This cycle I took Siphene 100 mg and was on follicular testing. Ovulation was proper. I also took duphaston twice a day for 14 days. I had developed a dry cough since a week and cough very violently at night. I can feel the pressure in my pelvic region. Could this affect chances of conception and implantation?
Continuous pressure on skin often results in injuries to the underlying tissues, causing what are generally known as skin sores. Though they generally occur in areas that cover bony areas like hips, ankles and tail bones, the part below the waist is most susceptible to them.
There are multiple reasons that cause bed sores. Some common causes include:
- Poor nutrition
However there are other more important causes that contribute to this disease. They are:
1. Constant pressure: Continuous immobility often causes pressure on the skin that further damages it and the underlying tissues. Tail bone, hip bone, ankles and heels are more prone to bed sores due to lack of movement. However similar damage is also detected in elbows, spine and ribs.
2. Friction: The friction that is caused when the skin rubs against another surface or when two layers of skin rub against each other, those that were moving in two opposite directions also result in bedsores. Sudden sliding down the chair or being transferred from a bed to a stretcher are common reasons behind it.
3. Excessive moisture: Bed sores are also caused by excessive moisture that softens the skin and also reduces its resistance. Profuse perspiration and unchecked urination are important causes. If untreated immediately there are plenty of complications that arise from this disease. Few of them are:
- Infections: Skin sore causes multiple infections on the body like Cellulitis and Osteomyelitis. Cellulitis results in painful, red swelling of the skin that often oozes out fluid. On the other hand in Osteomyelitis, an infection is caused in the bone resulting in swelling over the affected area. Blood infection called Bacteremia is also caused due to skin sores.
- Septic arthritis: In this there is severe pain and swelling of a joint making it hot, red and tender.
- Meningitis: Caused by the infection of the fluid around brain and spine, this disease causes severe headache with stiff neck and nausea.
- Squamous Skin cancer: This occurs if the skin sores remain unchecked for a long period of time. In this, the skin feels patchy and often bleeds.