Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Amith ShetYour feedback matters!
My wife have bleeding problem in nose once or twice in every year from last 3 years. What is the problem and what is treatment.
Hi. Sir. My nose getting so much water every time. I can not breathing normally. please give advice.
I am 31 years Male, Height 5'7" weight 74 kgNo any inherited disease record healthy yoga person. Problem lies here is with my Snoring at night, what should i do to get rid from this?
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic rememdy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium Metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta Carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for.
I am 19 years old, I am suffering with fully ear problem, its very painful to me, so please tell me what to do?
I am feeling my throat burning from last day. I have not ate anything unusually. Now I am not able to eat peacefully. While drinking hot water I feel relif but the burning will be back within no time. What should I do.
I'm suffering from regurgitation mostly in early morning time it really worse that I skip breakfast because of fullness in my throat.
I am suffering from vertigo for a long time. Please suggest some remedy/ies. Doctors have prescribed me various anti-reeling medicines, most of the meds did not produce any tangible effect. Now I am on LOREL 1 in the morning, LOREL 1 0.5 in the night.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
For further queries; we'd be happy to help!