Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Amith ShetYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I have imence itching in my ear for over three days I have even pain in ears while having earphones is this a serious threat?
If I sleep and getup from right side I get dizziness and giddiness feeling for a while. Afterwards it will be normal. No problem on leftside.
I have a regular nose bleeding problem in summers and a severe headache problem I take medicines regularly but I doesn't get any benefit is there any Ayurveda medicine for this problem?
Hi I have this ear and back of the ear pain on the right side. I think its coz I have sme light cold and wax formation. Any ear drop suggested to melt the wax. The pain is a little painful and I cant turn my head suddenly to the left side. Urgent help appreciated
Hi doctor, I am suffering from snoring And it is very high during night time and with that I am very shame on me. Please tell me the treatment for that. I will be very grateful to you Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
I have problem of tonsils. It also bleeds sometimes. It cant be operated because my vocal nerves may get damaged as said by the doctor. I go through a lot of pain sometimes. What should I do now?
My grandfather, 68 years is diagnosed with large sub total perforation of tympanic membrane. I want to enquire about the treatment options available for the same.
I am vertigo/dizziness from yesterday and does not have any other problem. Please direct me for some bette cure.
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face.