Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Amith PeshpathiYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old and facing back pain from past last 1 year and done all the treatment. should I go for physiotherapy?
I have leg pain a lot sometimes it pains very much till I take massage I don't get relaxed. please help me?
What is knee pain. What are you the symptoms of knee pain. I want prescription For knee pain. And what are the precautions I would take for it.
I am suffering from sciatica for the last 6 months. Tried back exercises and muscle relaxants. The condition is due to L4/L5 disc herniation. Kindly advice.
I am 21 years old I am suffering from irregular periods from 10 months I consulted a doctor and she told that I have pcos. I have taken the course for 6 months and still my problem did not get cured so doctor advised to take tablets for another 6 months I have increased in weight by 7 kgs and have lot of hair loss feeling lot of pain in pelvis region with leg pain and back ache. What should I do now.
My brother have pain in left shoulder and we think that the main cause for this pain would be overlifting of weights. What will be the actual cause?
I am 23 of age, male. Height 5.8. Weight 50. I have skinny body for almost last 4-5 years. I have normal diet but I hardly feel hungry all the day now I don't even have the diet that I used to have in my school time, 5 years back. I din't even smoke or drink ever. What should I do to improve my health. I'm also suffering with backache, specially on neck, for 4-5 months as I study in sitting posture almost 7 hours a day. Some times it is unbearable. Due to this backache I don't feel freshness in body when I wake up at morning. Please give me advice how to get rid of this backache.?
I am 41 years old male I have joint pains for last 10 year any where not certain point in weekly one or two time I take pain killer etody 60,(etroricoxb i. P 60mg) when pain.
Having pain above right and left stomach downward and also have pain in knee do you have any solution.
Hi, I had met accident before 3 years ago, now my shoulder get Pain when I throwing anything as like ball. Last week my shoulder bone dislocation when I throw ball. Pls give me solution.
Hello, my leg get pain because it's cuts on its leg And I think I use tetanus injection right or wrong?
Dear Sir, My ESR is 45 and I am taking LM VIT GOLD TAB, FLEXURA-D, EDPRO POWER and ATK-4, So what can i do to control my ESR and as you know ESR should be 0-20.
I am 68 years old male suffering knee pain & soiling since last 5 years. I have problem of walking but I can do cycling for long time very well. Dr. Says it is problem of osteo arthiritis. My weight is about 84 kg.& height 174cms. I am an ex- serviceman.
I have upper back pain since 4-5 months. I went to many doctors. But all doctor said me muscular pain. My father expired before 7 months suddenly. One of my family MD doctor said my problem is not body problem it is physiological problem. He told me take medicine regular 6 months. DUXEL-20 & ETIZEX-0.25 I thought I have heart problem but I have 3 times 2D ECHO are normal & I also did ANGIOGRAPHY before 4 months, it was normal. I also checked my thyroid & arthritis but its normal. But my weight growing high & now 86 kgs. My blood pressure every time normal, never change it. But still when I feel back pain that time I m afraid so please give me right answer..
What test should I take to know whether my knee pain is due 2 arthritis or gap I joint 0r early stage of osteitis as I am suffering frm knee pain sometimes the pain increases and can not climb stairs my age is 48 years and d pain is since 4 yrssometimes I do not feel pain.
I am not able to walk a distance becoz my thigh got rubbed up which make me pain in that particular area.
Hello sir , I am Naveen and I am 26 years old , unmarried male . While in school days I used to play football very much . But now I feet uncomfortable to sit in a chair for a longer time . Went for check up and took x ray was noticed that my tail bone has been injured . Since now for more then 3 years I am suffering back pain and not able to lie and sit in a chair properly for more then a hour . So what should I do now for getting permanent cure .
I am 39 years old. I am suffering from servical problem with numbness in left thumb from 3 months. These happened from bike skiting that was controlled by right hand but suddenly a jerk happened in the left side of neck. I felt this could be ok later and went to the barber who massaged the neck and the problem started from there. I went to the nuro doctor but his treatment was not satisfied. Now there is a pain in my waist also from two days. Please suggest me what should have to I do?
When joints get inflamed, it is known as arthritis. This causes swelling and pain in the joints of your body such as the hips and the knees. When the cartilage gets damaged at the ends of bones, a type of arthritis called osteoarthritis occurs.
There are two main types of osteoarthritis:
- Primary: This type is more generalized. It affects the knees, fingers, hips, spine and thumb.
- Secondary: This type can occur after injury or joint inflammation, or as a result of any disease that affects the ligament's composition, like hemochromatosis.
How is the hip affected by osteoarthritis?
Patients have difficulties walking if they have hip osteoarthritis. Diagnosing hip osteoarthritis is difficult. It is because the pain appears in varied locations, such as the groin, buttocks, knee or thigh. The pain can be a dull throb or can be sharp and stabbing. The hip is usually stiff.
What are the causes of hip osteoarthritis?
The causes of hip osteoarthritis are unknown. However, the factors that can lead to osteoarthritis are joint injury, excessive weight and rising age.
Along with the abovementioned factors, the following may contribute as well:
- The joints may not have developed accurately
- The cartilage may have inherited the defects
- If the joints are too irritated due to added pressure on them, like excess body weight or stressful activities that include hip movement, osteoarthritis may develop.
What are the symptoms of hip osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of hip osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joints feel stiff when you get out of bed
- Joints feel stiff if you have been sitting for some time
- The joints feel painful, swollen or tender
- You can hear (a "crunching" sound) or feel the bones rubbing against each other.
- You find yourself unable to do certain things, like putting on socks, as it requires your hips to move.
How is hip osteoarthritis treated?
The main objective of treatment is to restore the patient's ability to move around. A part of this objective includes correcting the function of the hip and managing the pain. The treatment can include:
- Joint care and rest
- To take weight off the area affected, a cane is used
- Pain relief that does not involve drugs
- Shedding excess weight
- Alternative and complementary therapies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.