Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Amith PeshpathiYour feedback matters!
I am having headache especially bad at night since 4 days. I tried disprin but it comes back every now and then. Die to this I even not able to sleep properly. Please suggest what is wrong.
Hi doctor, thus is Akshay Mane. I have a problem with my backbone. There starts paining in my back when I seat obe one place for a long time. So, what should I do to minimize this problem.
I am 35 years old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days. Thank you doctor.
I am 45 years old. I am having neck pain with vomitting and fainting. For this reason having my right hand pain.
Hai respected sir. My wife is suffering from severe pain in back both shoulders and consulted so many doctors said that back bone of the neck has been pressed so do not do any weights lifting and work hard even not doing hard work the pain is spread from top to middle of the back, pain is severe daily.
Two year back while playing volleyball I was bended backwards and I got jack in my back spine and severe pain for 5 days still in cold weather I feel pain how can relief from pain.
Hi My one relative is facing severe pain Dr. Examined and wrote some notation which I am giving here ---->> pain over lower back with radiation in both ll intermittent from two years cns power 5/5, bilateral ankle jerks absent, right l 5, s1 dermatomal hyposthesia, slr-r -60degree l-45 degree doctor adviced me for mri ls spine. Mri report is also available please suggest me.
She is having pain in the left iliac bone region more specifically at iliac crest on the back side, dull aching type pain duration varies sometimes for a half an hour to hour and for a full day, it's not appendicitis, if it is kidney stones then why do you think so? Having complaint from 4 -5 months. This is type of pain can occur due to poor posture during sleeping? Please explain in detail.
Sir I want to know about the back pain. Why it happens? how I can get free from this pain? Please advise.
I am a 56 years old male and have left shoulder (joint) pain for last 1 year what sohuld I do. Please.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.