Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Amith KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old. I am facing obsessive compulsion disorder. I am having three types of problem they are 1. I am getting two thoughts at a time like while crossing road my mind gets puzzled and not able to take decision to cross the road 2. I am getting obsessive. Thoughts and fear of useless thoughts for example I will die with headache. 3. I am not satisfied with my work. There is repetitive questions arises in my mind. These all things makes me irritated, anxiety, and I fail to enjoy my day to day life. Please doctor help me.
I am 30 years male, I have feel to short my memory and consideration act. So, please give me a suggestion to improve it.
I am getting very angry on even small things happening around. I want to manage my anger and stress. Can someone please help me with these issues?
I am 46 years old I want to improve my iq power? Is it possible at this stage? I have 98 kg weight and 6.2" feats hight. Can I reduce my weight in easy tips.
I get angry at small things and cant control it. I even get violent once angry. I wish I could control my angle but I cant.
I am 19 years old. I am obsessed with female breast. My mind always look at them. I want to get rid of my mind habit. I do not know how it has developed over the years. Twice in week I have an irresistible urge to check net about females breast. I know its a milk feeding organ which woman develop during stages of puberty. My obsession has become a distraction. And I am unable to concentrate. What would happen if I get married and gave birth to a female child. What will the child think of his dad. How to treat it, please tell.
Q: Dear Doctor, I have some problems with my lips. These becomes black coloured. I never taking cigrate, tobacco, etc. I had never take chicken, drink, etc. In short I never absorb a bad habit of this type. My lips become black also my Gums colour also affected a lot. Every say me you are smoker.-(I am facing guilty overtime. But I am not a smoker. How can I prove? Please help me please! Doctor. That I may change the colour of gums & lips as soon as possible. Please Dr. Help me. I will thank full to my helper.
I am 35 years old woman. I have been suffering from anxiety from the past few years but when it was unbearable for me to tolerate then I went to gp. That happened two years before. He gave me anti depressants and anti anxiety medicine. I am now regularly under his guidance. Now he lessened my dose of medicines. I am able to get anxiety under control when I take medicines. I used to get negative thoughts and false images in my brain. After taking medicine they have gone. Is there any advise. Will I have to take medicine for life long. How can I control my anxiety and pulse rate apart from medicines.
I got the result of my jee exam and didn't get good marks, so now I'm in depression, tell how to get over it?
I am getting very angry for even silly reasons. If anyone teases me I am in uncontrolled position. Can you suggest any solution.
I studying in pharmacy but I can not recall or remember the studied portion of my syllabus what I do which remember the studied portion of my syllabus.
I got Frequently ache in head. I am bot able to listen loud sounds like horns ,alarm clock etc doc said that may be its because of stress and it can cause migraine .sir I dont know what to do to avoid that please help me.
This is exam time now and I have to take care of my health. So what kind of food should taken. What are some good examples of diet during this period? Suggest.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.