Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Amith KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close that year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. please help me.
I'm suffering from anxiety, depression due to several job losses and also not able to concentrate on studies. I'm 52 years old and feeling very nervous of getting a job and retaining it. What should I do? I'm believing more in super natural powers like psychics, astrologer, gods and saints. How to get confidence and do my work without getting addicted any chemical injection or tablets. Is anything related to English medicine like Valium or other antidepressants which will make my mood stay clear of all mental stress without having side effects. (Generally I'm averse to English medicine).
Hello . I am so much concern about my sister's life. My dad love her very much that it became problem to her life now. Now her age is 23. She grown up in closed world and never learned anything (basic general knowledge, math , social relationships everything). Because of too much love of my father she became stubborn. Problem is she got married at the age of 18 and gave birth to 2 children. She is not behaving properly with her husband and in-laws. She became maid in her house. Even they also concern with her behavior. She stopped thinking on her own. She just became robot. Can you please give me solution for this ?
Sir I am 19 year old. I am suffering from various abdominal problem like constipation, digestion problem. Sir I am drinking water 4to5 litre daily. Also I move daily but still the constipation problem not clear. Due to this I am always get depressed. Sir please suggests me some medicine.
Hi, My body pains, energy loss, depressive mood, mood swings, weight increase and back pain are a few issues with a 42 years old mother of two kids. What do you advice?
Sir am an 21 old, l feel lonely, hope less, some times I loose my confidence and hope all the time. Suggest me how to control my emotions thoughts. To be with confidence and hope.
For e.g. L lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed prefer keeping to myself all the time Please help me.
My friend studying with me had a crush on a boy in our class she never talks to him and neither wanted to be in a relationship as her parents are against this we are taking coaching for neet please help what she must do I wanted to help her in this situation.
My brother suffered from a near fatal seizure while having breakfast a few years ago. We do mit have any filter history of epilepsy. He has a very hard life as he is executive Chef in a five star hotel. Could stress and fatigue cause a seizure. T houghhe has had an MRI done and had three years medicine. Is their chance it can recur.
With today’s lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid stress. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress, if not dealt correctly can harm a person mentally, emotionally and physically. Stress can also make a person age faster. Hence. it becomes essential to understand how to deal with the wear and tear of stress.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and nicotine: Stress can fasten your heartbeat and lead to anxiousness and depression. Turning to nicotine, alcohol or any form of caffeinated drink may temporarily make you feel better but will worsen the situation in the long run. This is because all three of them are considered stimulants. Instead hydrate your body with plenty of water, fresh fruits juices and herbal teas.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is beneficial for a healthy mind and body. Exercising give you some time to yourself and gives you a break from whatever may be triggering your stress. Stress also causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This can make you jumpy and tense. However, by exercising these hormones can be put to use and your body can be brought back to a calmer state.
- Talk to someone: Stress can lead to anxiety and depression. This can make you socially withdrawn and lead to even more stress. Hence, it is essential to find someone who you can open up to and share your thoughts and experience with. This will also help you make better decisions as stress can cloud your judgement.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Stress can affect your sleep cycles and make you either an insomniac or make you sleep excessively. In both cases, you wake up feeling tired and sans any energy to take on the next day. Give yourself a routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day to fight these effects of stress and to give your mind time to refresh itself. It will also help to avoid watching television or working on laptops or mobiles for an hour before going to bed.
- Prioritize: Seeing a never ending to-do list is one of the most common stress triggers. In such situations, stress can make you unable to complete your tasks efficiently and you’re left either feeling overworked or with an even longer to-do list for the next day. Hence, it is important to learn to prioritise tasks and get them done one at a time. Also, learn to say ‘NO’ to people when you know you do not have the time to take on additional tasks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.