Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ami Karbhari ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years and I have back pain from many dayd. My work nature is sitting on the chair maximum so this problem occurring. Tell me how can I solve this problem.
I' m 31 yrs female, having only left leg knee pain that too mostly during night time. What should I do? we are vegetarian,
3 years ago I had an accident which broken my fibula and tibia, I had operation and now I can walk, run normally but my leg is more bulgy than the other leg it is also skinny at the fracture point, what should I do to regain original shape of my leg.
I had viral fever two-three days earlier. I had taken the medicine and now I do not have fever. But me legs are paining while walking. Ankle knees and space back og lower leg is paining too much.
I am 29 year old. Suffering from knee pain since last 6 month. It swells regularly. I did the X ray. Consulted an orthopedic. Doctor told me that I have narrow joint space, fluid had reduced and recommended some test. RA factor negative, uric acid level is normal. And prescribed me glucosamine sachet and painkiller. But my pain is same after 1 month medication.
I'm 27year old and have been diagnosed with HLA-B27 gene positive. My pain started since I was 17 in leg-hip joint region, over period it have migrated and now it's mainly on left shoulder where I can feel swelling in collar bone and shoulder cup. Recently I see swelling in Ribs joint on front side near thorax region. What should I do?
Dear doc I have pain in my lover spine. I take some painkillers but I got short relief please suggest me dinose.
I am 26 year old and my question is I hava a suffering from pain in my hand. When I play a football. So what medicine I take?
I am a 25 year old male. I am experiencing pain in my lower back usually on the right side of the spinal cord. The pain starts when I play a sport like soccer intensely.
I have uric acid levels of 8.1 and suffering from low back pain and joint pain for a few days. Please suggest remedy.
The human body allows for movement through the complex system of bones, muscles and joints. A break in the bone is medically known as a fracture and can be caused by constant stress, pressure or impact. It is common knowledge that with age, the bone strength decreases and incidence of fractures (osteoporotic fracture) increases. Based on the affected bone and impact, different types of fractures are commonly identified as:
- Complete: When the breakage of the bone is complete, producing two or more pieces, it is referred to as a complete fracture.
- Incomplete: When the breakage is incomplete, where the bone has cracked, but does not break into pieces, it is known as an incomplete fracture.
- Another type would be the open or closed fracture:
- Open fracture: When the skin is exposed and the bone breaks through this exposed skin, it is known as compound or open fracture.
- Simple or closed fracture: The bone breaks, but the skin continuity is maintained. Again, here are different types including hairline, greenstick, oblique, etc.
What is the reason behind a fracture?
A bone will fracture when force is applied to it that is stronger than the bone itself. A key factor in a bone’s susceptibility to fracturing is age. Both children and older people are prone to bone fractures. Children’s bones are constantly growing and have not reached their full strength. Elderly people have brittle bones with old age and are prone to develop bone diseases, making them susceptible to fractures.
How they are treated?
Splint and pain medications are commonly used. Closed reduction where the fracture is reduced without opening up the tissues and open reduction, where the tissues are opened up are common approaches to managing fractures.
Can they be prevented?
Especially with children and in the elderly, extra precaution should be taken to avoid any kind of injury and fracture.
- Develop an exercise routine to strengthen the muscles
- Manage weight
- Use the right footwear and exercise gear
- Watch your medications (avoid sleep inducing ones)
- Increase lighting in the room/home to improve clarity of vision for elderly
- Make the home/living area fall-proof by reducing clutter, using railing in the bathroom and bedrRhinoplastyoom, using rubber mat, etc.
- While a fall may seem inevitable, taking the above steps can help reduce the incidence and severity of a fall, thereby minimizing damage.