Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ambrish S. Patange
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ambrish S. PatangeYour feedback matters!
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
Diabetes mellitus is a condition affecting the way one’s body utilizes blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is essential to your health since it is a vital energy source for the cells that make up the tissues and muscles. Diabetes is characterized by excess blood sugar levels. The complications might get aggravated and turn fatal if it is left untreated over a period of time.
Diabetes mellitus can be of two types - Type 1 and Type 2.
In Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin to metabolize sugar and starch from the foods that you consume while Type 2 diabetes affects the way the body processes the blood glucose.
Diabetes substantially increases the risks of numerous cardiovascular disorders (a condition that affects the heart’s blood vessels due to fatty deposits within the arteries) such as atherosclerosis (narrowing of arteries), stroke, heart attack (wherein flow of blood to the heart muscle gets blocked all of a sudden), heart failure (inability of the heart to pump blood throughout the body) and angina (chest pain).
Why are diabetic people at a higher risk of developing cardiovascular diseases?
The following factors are associated (could be the common reason as well) with both diabetes and cardiovascular diseases-
High triglyceride level (a kind of fat present in the blood) and abnormal cholesterol level.
Lack of exercises and physical activities.
Uncontrolled blood sugar level.
- Smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My father have diabetes and after few years sugar affects on kidney and my father creatinine goes to 6-7 and one thing more water is filled in lungs due to kidneys and he have bp problem alsoDialysis is done after one month. please suggest this all can be cured permanently
My name is Akram khan I got diabetes at the age of 16 when I was in 10th standard Please tell me how to I control it.
I have checked my uric acid and its level is 10.3, I have pains in joints and muscles mostly in legs. Please suggest me best treatment and precautions.
I am 27 years old and I have a diabetes last 4 years because the main reasons of the pancreatist before last 7 years so what I do in this case how I maintain my diabetes without taking insulin dose ?
Natural hone remedies to treat diabetes at home
Diabetes treatment: 15 home remedies to treat diabetes at home (thinkstock photos/getty images)
India is said to be the diabetes capital of the world. With nearly 50 million people in india suffering from diabetes, the country has a big challenge to face. First, let's know what is diabetes. The elevated sugar in the blood is called diabetes. There are two primary reasons behind diabetes - one is when our body stops producing insulin and second is when the body does not respond to insulin that is produced by the body. Insulin is broken down by the body and used as energy, which is transported to the cells. There are two types of diabetes - type I diabetes and type ii diabetes. Let's know about them in a little detail:
Type I diabetes
Type I diabetes usually occurs in people who are below the age 20 and that is why it is also called as juvenile diabetes. In this type, the body becomes partially or completely unable to produce insulin. Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease. In this, your immune system attacks the pancreas from where the insulin is produced, thereby making the pancreas inefficient or unable to produce insulin. Type I diabetes cannot be prevented, it can only be controlled with healthy lifestyle changes.
Type ii diabetes
Type ii diabetes is more common than type I diabetes in india. Type ii diabetes usually happens to people who are above the age of 40. This type of diabetes is caused due to insulin resistance. In this case, the pancreas produces insulin but the body is not able to respond to it properly. There can be many reasons behind type ii diabetes. Some of the reasons can be being overweight, high blood pressure, having a poor diet, taking too much stress, hormone imbalance, certain medications and leading a sedentary lifestyle. Though type ii diabetes can be reversed.
Let's us know some natural ways by which we can treat diabetes at home:
What not to eat:
There are some foods which can negatively impact your diabetes. So, the first thing you need to do is to remove these foods from your diet.
1. Refined sugar - we all know that sugar, until it is in its most natural form, is bad for people suffering from diabetes. When consumed, refined sugar spikes the blood sugar rapidly. Sometimes even the natural form like honey can cause a sudden spike in the blood sugar levels. So, it's better to avoid refined sugar by all means if you are a diabetic.
2. Whole grains - grains that have gluten in them should be avoided. Gluten is associated with diabetes as its intake can cause leaky gut leading to inflammation which in turn can lead to auto immune diseases.
3. Alcohol - alcohol consumption is directly related to diabetes. Alcohol not only damages your liver but also attacks the pancreas that produces insulin. Diabetes is linked with consumption of heavy alcohol which is two to three glasses a day. Beer should especially be avoided as it has a lot of carbohydrates.
4. Cow's milk - just like whole grains, cow milk can trigger the immune system which can lead to inflammation. Milk coming from sheep and goat is not harmful in fact it helps to maintain the blood sugar level. But the conventional cow milk can be dangerous for you if you are suffering from diabetes.
5. Gmo foods - gmo foods have the capability to promote diabetes along with causing liver and kidney diseases. Go for products which are labeled as gmo-free.
What to eat and do
Cinnamon contains a bioactive compound that can help to fight and prevent diabetes. Cinnamon is known to stimulate the insulin activity and thus regulate the blood sugar level. As excess of anything is bad, likewise cinnamon if taken in excess can increase the risk of liver damage due to a compound called coumarin present in it. The true cinnamon, not the one buy from shops (cassia cinnamon) is safer to have.
How to consume cinnamon
- mix half or one teaspoon of grounded cinnamon with warm water and have it once daily.
- boil raw cinnamon in 2 glasses of water. Let it cool for 30 minutes and have it daily.
Aloe vera is easily found in indian households. Though it's bitter in taste, but combing it with buttermilk makes it taste better. Usually, aloe vera is used for beauty purposes but as it has anti-inflammatory properties it can heal the wounds. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is said to control the blood sugar levels.
Jamun and its leaves have proven to be helpful in lowering the blood sugar levels. Consuming approximately 100 grams of jamun every day is said to show tremendous improvement in your blood sugar levels.
Vitamin c is not only good for skin but also for diabetes. Recent studies have shown that consuming approximately 600 mg of vitamin c daily can improve the blood sugar level significantly. People who have chronic diabetes should consume foods rich in vitamin c every day. Some foods rich in vitamin c are amla, orange, tomato and blueberry.
One of the main reasons behind type ii diabetes is being overweight. Any kind of physical activity, be it yoga, zumba, aerobics, gymming, playing sports can significantly improve blood sugar level by maintaining your weight. Not only this, walking every day can help to reduce the blood sugar level tremendously.