Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ambiye Vijay RajaramYour feedback matters!
I was diagnosed PCOS few years ago by USG and my doctor advised to exercise daily. Previously I could not exercise but recently I started and after 1.5 week I feel pain in my lower abdomen and nipples. It did not happened previously. Is it any bad signs?
We are mortals and changes are bound to happen in the functioning of our body and the organ's of the body with every passing day. How the body reacts to the external environment needs to be constantly studied. Therefore, It is important to keep a check of what's happening within your body and live a healthy life.
The check could be need based as suggested by doctor to diagnose a disease or for a general health! Ultrasound scan is an important diagnostic measure to check the state of the organs inside our body via sound waves. It's is also known as sonogram, diagnostic sonography and ultrasonography.
Types of Ultrasound
Although all types of ultrasound basically work the same, but there are a few differences in the below listed types of ultrasound. Doctor's conduct the test basis the need.
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Echocardiograms Carotid Ultrasound
How does it work and why it is done?
It uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of some part of the inside of the body, such as heart and blood vessels, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, and testicles.
- View the uterus and ovaries of a pregnant woman and assess her foetus
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate flow in blood vessels
- Assess abdominal pain or other concerns
- Guides a surgeon on a needle biopsy and treatment of a tumor
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, uterine growth and endometriosis
- The thyroid gland can be imaged using ultrasound looking for nodules, growths, or tumors
- Detect bulging of fluid from a swollen knee joint
- Veins evaluation to assess whether swelling in a leg is due to a blood clot, deep vein thrombosis or another cause
Why Ultrasound is preferred over other methods
- Generally painless and does not require needles, injections or incisions.
- Patients aren't exposed to ionizing radiation, making the procedure safer than diagnostic techniques, such as X-rays and CT scans. In fact, there are no known harmful effects when used as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Ultrasound captures images of soft tissues that don't show up well on X-rays.
- Ultrasound is widely accessible and less expensive than other methods.
It has some limitations, such as the sound waves do not transmit well through dense bones or parts of the body that may hold air or gas, such as the bowel and thus has a diagnostic limitation.
I feel I have prblm of white discharge which is also called likoria. please tell me d symptoms of it and precautions or solution for it. I also feel pain in my left kidney and sometime xperienc swelling on this side what is d reason.
I hav had unprotected sex with my girlfriend during her 5th day of periods and also after 2 days of periods. little sperm might hav released inside vagina. V used to hav unprotected sex after periods quite a few times before even. Nothing actually happened. I hav heard that aftr 5-10 days of periods eggs wil start producing and for a week aftr periods v can hav unprotected sex. So the question is is it dangerous? 2 days hav passed after our incident. So need to take step soon. Please let me know any natural ways to avoid pregnancy? Eating pineapple helps? How to avoid? before also I hav ejected sperm inside vagina. But now she is little scared. So im scared a bit. She is even scared to consume pills thinking there are health risk for future. So sir please tel me wat can I do? If I hav to take pills. Which is the best pills? Or natural ways? Which is best?
Hello doctor am 25 years old. I have been married since two years and now we are getting ready for the family planing, so for that we had made a pre-conceptional visit with our doctor and she had checked my BP and had given few tests like Hb, Thyroid profile, FBS/PPBS and Rubella Ag Test. So the other test results were normal except the Bp (132/88 for the first visit and 130/92 for the second visit) & Rubella Ag Test that gave a non reactive result within a range of 9.30 and advised me to take the vaccination (R-Vac) on my second day of the menstrual cycle and reminded me to Not to get pregnant within 1 month. For the HT my doctor suggested me to meet a physician so for that I met a consultant physician so he checked my BP and it was normal. But for clearance of vaccination I asked him about the rubella ag test so he advised me that after getting the vaccination, I should Not get pregnant for minimum 6 months, since its a live attenuated vaccine so it may take time. So Doctor my question is how long should I not plan for the pregnancy after vaccination? Is it 6 months or 1 month? Is there any specific date for the vaccination as mentioned above (the second day of menstrual cycle)? Or any time?
When we have sex during MENS any chance of pregnancy. If pregnant is a problem in children. Means my baby born healthy in condition.
Last 7 years having pcod I conceived in 2012 with medication. I had suffered miscarriage by its own due to some choromose defect. Since then unable to conceive taken IUI three times. My husband had ED problem but his sperm report was okay last year. Now doctor advice to do YQ MICRODELETION test before going for IVF. Is it necessary to do a test & required at this stage? Pls help.
Hii, I am 23. White pani daily aata h or smell b aati h and day by day me bht fatty ho rhi hu, mera weight around 70 kg h please tell me some remedies. Thank you.
My vagina is itching real bad. Im keeping good health and hygiene and using a soap with proper pH as well. But it troubles me very bad in the night. I need the cause and remedy for this.
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had sex with my bf. after 26 hrs took unwanted 72' my periods date was 28 feb. But still I am not in periods. I have done pregnancy test its negative. Pls advice some medicine to induce periods immediate.
My wife's hsbag report of hepatitis b is positive and also she is pregnant but my report for same is negative or nonreactive. Can it affect to baby and can I do sex with her.
It's alright to feel low and not so happy at times. Just remember to love yourself no matter what and let that be a tough love so that you live a healthy and fit life.
ACCEPT THE WAY YOU ARE
1. Set a self-acceptance intention.
2. Stop comparing.
3. Choose what makes you unique.
4. Appreciate more.
5. Surround yourself with support.
6. List your achievements.
7. Be happy
8. Intentionally counter negative self-talk with positive words to yourself.
9. Perform acts of kindness
10. Treat yourself to things that make you feel good.
11. Learn how to accept a compliment.