Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amar Dave
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Amar DaveYour feedback matters!
My mom is 38 years female and she is having back ache since 1month she had used different medicine but the pain is still the same. Why to do? Please help her.
Yesturday while playing football i have injured my right leg i had little pain but now the pain has increased .I find difficult in walking now . My age is 21 years height is 6'1?
My wife suddenly started having severe pain from left knee joint in May 2017. She is unable to sleep and pain killers are not giving any relief. X-ray was done as per Surgeons advice and report says Osteo-Arthritis. Please suggest remedy.
I am 27 years old I have back pain and also headache from last 80 days and when I see up in the sky my eyes starts to cry my head starts to pain what should I do now?
Hello I have a severe pain in my right hand's fingers. I am unable to move my thumb properly due to heavy pain please give me a solution to this problem.
Hi, I am 30 yr old, male, I have wrist pain from last two weeks, right hand, it doesn't pain during normal working, but when I rotate my wrist it pains. I daily drive bike approx 45-48 km for work. Request your advise to get rid of this.
Hey, I am 17 years old and having backpain from last 1 month I have taken painkiller but it works only for 3 to 4 hours and than pain is back and today I also met fever. What should I do now?
A nagging achy pain in the shoulder is something that all must have experienced, especially aged people. Some choose to ignore it while for others, the pain may be so debilitating that it interferes with daily routine considerably. Making an appointment with an expert orthopedic doctor should be your priority. Meanwhile, here are some easy to follow tips to manage shoulder pain:
- Applying ice- Shoulder pain is normally caused due to inflammation of the tendons, and since ice is the natural reliever of inflammation, you can get some relief with the application of ice. It can slow down blood flow to the affected region and thereby reduces the pain. You should apply ice for about 20 minutes and try to keep your shoulders at an elevated position.
- Paying attention to the neck- It is no surprise that the shoulders and neck are closely positioned, and they always have an impact on each other. Sometimes, shoulder pain is caused by neck pain, and both of them can be relieved by practicing gentle neck stretches at home. You should also replace old mattress and pillows and opt for thicker pillows for the desired level of support.
- Keeping the elbow by your side- This could aid to your aching shoulders. You may use an armrest or arm sling in case of extreme pain in the shoulders. But it is worthy of mention here that using this equipment for long hours is not at all recommended.
- Relieving stress- The most effective means of treating shoulder pain is to get to the root of the problem. Stress may be the cause of your shoulder pain, and therefore, you should allow some rest to the shoulder by refraining from exercise and physically strenuous activities. You should also try to review your daily activities such as sleeping positions, motions, and habits that may have an adverse impact on the shoulders.
- Warming up- You may use a heating pad to keep the shoulders warm and do some gentle exercise if it doesn’t cause any discomfort. This will warm up the muscles for a wide range of activities and improve circulation.
- Strengthening the rhomboids- The muscle located in between the shoulders is termed as rhomboids. These muscles are essential for normal shoulder movements, and it is important to keep them stronger to hold the shoulders in the right position and support the weight of the arms and perform pushing and pulling effectively.
Experiencing shoulder pain is an issue, but with these effective measures targeted at relief, you may manage it easily and take part in all the activities that you love to.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!