Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alap
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. AlapYour feedback matters!
I am 48 years old. I have many problems in my body. Obesity/urine infection and gastric problem and headache.
Is fissure and hamerhoid nearly same. I have small muscle limp near anus in outer side and now its dispear from oiterside but I think that limp move toward anus from inner side. I can feel hard muscle limp by my hand. So please suggest me difference between fissure and hammerhoid and tell me can it remove without surgery. In first 2-3 week it was very painful. And I bleed. But now it does not paining anymore. But passes toward anus. I have this problem from last 2-3 years. Is I am in danger or any last stage of disease. Please suggest. I did not tell about this to anyone. I am fearing for surgery too. Please help me. Thank you.
Dear Sir, I am 40 years old, my problem is I have pain at the place of anal. In the time of motion it will heavy pain.
I am 21 years old female and I have UTI with disc prolapse and now I have swelling in the l3 and l4 and doctor says that it is because of heavy weight so how can I reduce my weigh?
My father got stones in kidneys. He got surgery Twice for dat. Now in kidney he has 1. 5criterion. Hw can he get that to normal level.
Hello! One of my friend, she is 18 years of age and her urine occurs after evry 10 -15 minutes, her water consumption and other liquid diet is normal and not in excess, So what might be the cause for this and how to overcome from this prblm?
I have got calculi in my left and right kidney. One is of 4mm and one is of 5mm. What is the best possible treatment?
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.