Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Akshata NaikYour feedback matters!
1) focus on eating whole grains & cereals, legumes, fresh fruits and vegetables. 2) go for foods providing plenty of protein, calcium & iron.
3) traditionally, breast feeding moms are given a lots of dry fruits, ghee & sugar. These high calory foods were meant to supplement the khichdi diet that moms traditionally follow after birth.
4) try dry fruits without ghee & sugar by putting them in your dalia. This way you will not be loaded with high calories.
I have a 4yrs kid, who is often falling sick since 4 months and so she is always given antibiotics. And now suddenly, since evening she has fever and the temperature is not getting normal even after giving crocin ds 3.5ml. So I have given her brufen juniors 5ml. But the fever is reduce a little. So wat should I do, please help, me. Also please advise some immunity booster for my kid in homeopathy.
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
My little baby is 4 years old. She is facing cough, and from 1 week there are so many bumps on her body like rashes. What is it? She not having fever at all.
Hi doctor my child age is 3 years and problem is nose block wen is born tat time say block and continue water coming in nose. Then I go and c doctor. Doctor say take CT scan and blood test. CT scan is report is enlarged adenoids and blood test normal. But still no talking in my child. And one doctor say MPS urine test tel and then I go lab give sample urine lab party say after 16 days come collect reports. Y is tel MPS test also taking I don't no. I confused and lot of tension. But activity child. No one give clear solution what I can do. Please help me.
She is 4 months baby girl some time she cry excess and she get out of control I press her ears stomach no pain is their all time she vomit when I feed her and I give similac milk powder that powder is also not suit she so what is the reason why she cry alot thank you mostly in night.
My son is just 3 months old. His head stays warm like fever since a week. And other parts of his body remains normal. People are suggesting to bath him regularly. I'm just scared about his head's temperature. Its not a major problem?
As my son is 3month old and he always asked for mother milk every 30hrs and his mother don't having sufficient milk to feed him so can we give him cerelac now and he had also having cold in regular interval so how to rid this issue.
My baby is premature baby born in 7th month. Now he is 5 months old. Some red spots came on his cheeks. Is they are harmful?
My daughter is now 2 Years old, but her weight is 9.5kg. Is it normal? And now she does not want to eat food properly. So in this moment what I have to do?
Hi, my son is 2 months. Now a days sometimes he goes to deep sleep and don't take feeding for more than 5 hours. Is it normal? What should we do to give him regular feeding like once in 3 hrs types.
We have a kid of 2 years old and she is in the early stage of Autism and she is undergoing Autism therapy after the consultation with Dr. Now her sleep is very much erratic and she does not sleep in night, is there any medication?
My bf ejaculated there while I was wearing my panty as well as hot pant. It was done on 1st of february. Then on that month I had my periods on around 15 th of february. Everything was fine bt in this month that is on march my normal date is 25 th march bt still now my periods does not occurred! I there any chance that I am pregnant! though after that ejaculation I had my periods normally. This month was my exam month. So I am very tensed nw. Pls rely fast!
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!