Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Aksay ParikYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old, I have pain in sacroiliac joint left side and sometime pain in neck and back, I have HLA B27 positive test what precaution I need? What is further step?
I was suffering from viral fever! Now the fever has gone but I have body pain (legs and hands). Can I take a steroid injection for the pain. This was suggested by my friend who took the injection for the same viral arthritis.
Suffering frm shoulder pain, mostly left side and due to that having problem in breathing and feeling like something is sticked in chest. Yesterday went to doctor and he did ECG and blood test. This problem is frm last 5 days. Ecg- 802 sinus tachycardia, 401 short PR INTERNAL. Please suggest.
I am a 41 years old female social activist, I am suffering from spondylosis from 15 years. I couldn't afford treatment's in the past, plse suggest me,
Hay doc (s), My mother's foot sole got hard at some places and it hurts. It is painful. How can it be cured, Is there any natural way or home remedy to heal it, or something else. Please help.
I have severe back pain, in morning pain becomes more and also coming down to under the foot ,tried physiotherapy, what is another remedy?
Types, symptoms and treatment for ligament injuries
Pain in wrist since long time pl give solution to get relief consult orthopaedic but did not get relief.
Hi I am suffered from pain in my back since 5 month. Can you please tell me how to exercise to overcome from this. Please tell me.
I am c5-6 minimal posterior disc protrusion. I am having neck and upper back pain I am also experiencing right hip pain and both lower leg pain. I am having medicine from reputed doctor after since one year but I am not recovered Is physiotherapy treatment helpful? If so what type of physiotherapy And other solutions to my problems Please tell me doctor.
I have always pain in my thighs when I climb any bikes and when I make my leg free its ok when I close my leg, then there is a severe pain in my things, whats the reason doctor? please help me?
I am a diabetes patient. My foot is swelling. Doctor told me failure of your kidney its happen. Please suggest me what to do.
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that affects the joints and bones of the patient and creates general problems when it comes to mobility and other such postures, which require some amount of physical stamina and strain. This kind of condition can be of many types. Furthermore, it can affect many different parts of the body right from the knees to the shoulders and the wrists. There are many forms of treatment for this condition, which may be carried out by orthopedic specialists as well as other practitioners of alternative medicine.
Read on to find out why Ayurveda is one of the best ways to deal with this condition.
- Ancient science: Ayurveda is an ancient science that is steeped in the logic of ages, and it has been allowed to evolve over numerous centuries, which makes it all the more authentic when it comes to various forms of treatment.
- Combination of measures: Ayurveda is not just a field of medicine, but it is primarily known as a life science because it combines a variety of measures that have to do with inside out cleansing of the system. From massages to herbal medicines, yoga postures to lifestyle changes, this form of treatment can help the patient get rid of the condition rather than just treat the symptoms.
- Massages: When we use a particular oil or herb to massage our bodies, we are actually imbibing the goodness and richness of those elements, which are ideal for the condition that we are suffering from. This oil that may be derived from cloves or various other elements that are naturally found, can actually seep right into the bones and joints to repair the condition. Mustard oil and camphor are also well known oils for arthritis.
- Doshas: Ayurveda depends on the various doshas for a proper form of diagnosis, and arthritis comes under the Data dosha. This typically affects the energy, surrounding the proper functioning of the joints and therefore, one can safely say that this is a well-researched body of science, which is being put to use so as to prescribe medicines and other forms of treatment for that particular dosha.
- Exercise: The yogic postures are known to have helped many people and the various asanas that are specifically required for an arthritis patient will help in doing away with the root cause of the disease. These asanas include the less rigorous ones that can build strength and stamina so that the patient is able to lead a more normal and healthy life.
- Lifestyle changes: The diet changes that will be prescribed for arthritis-affected patients along with the changes in one’s routine, will help in reaching the root cause of the condition so that he or she may get a better chance at normalcy in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I WAS SUSPECTED OF A HAIRLINE FRACTURE IN MIDDLE & RING FINGERS OF RIGHT HAND AND THESE TWO WERE BANDAGED UP TOGETHER FOR 5 WEEKS. AFTER THE BANDAGES HAVE BEEN CUT AWAY 3 WEEKS BACK, BOTH THE FINGERS ARE STILL SOMEWHAT BENT AND STIFF, EVEN WITH EXERCISING ETC THEY ARE STILL THAT WAY & SWELL UP TO SOME EXTENT WHEN USED FOR TYPING ETC. WHATS TO BE DONE NOW TO GET THEM BACK TO NORMAL
Gout, a form of arthritis that occurs when high uric acid blood levels cause crystals to form around a joint, is partially connected to diet. Uric acid is produced as your body breaks down purines, found in foods such as meat, seafood and alcohol. Most often, the treatment of gout includes dietary restrictions especially proteins. If you have been diagnosed with gout, random, severe restrictions, especially of proteins, is not needed. You need dietary recommendations, but you can have options and a wide variety of food choices.
Alcohol- You need to limit or avoid alcohol, especially beer when you have an inflammation or attack. You should avoid or limit drinks like soft drinks or juice drinks that are sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup, but you can freely drink homemade fruit juices. Coffee is also an option for gout sufferers. Two cups of coffee a day actually reduce the risk of gout and that increasing coffee consumption decreases uric acid levels.
Protein rich foods-
Animal proteins especially crustaceans like crabs , prawns, and organ meats are problematic as they are high in purines. If you avoid these very high purine foods, you may be able to enjoy a serving of chicken, fish or eggs about twice a week.
Plant-based proteins, such as beans and legumes, are excellent options on a gout diet. If you choose these as your primary protein source, not only will you be avoiding the purines in animal proteins, but you will also be eating less saturated fat. Saturated fat decreases your body's ability to get rid of uric acid, so it may increase the risk of gout symptoms. Again, dairy products such as milk, paneer and yogurt are allowable and decrease the risk of inflammation.
Fruits and vegetables -
Most fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are allowed. Avoid excessive intake of spinach, cauliflower, asparagus and mushrooms. Even high-fructose fruits such as apples, peaches and pears can be kept at three times a week. In addition, whole-grain products are better choices than refined carbohydrates like white bread, maida, and biscuits.