Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aju MohanYour feedback matters!
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
My sister is 19 yrs old and at the time of periods she always suffer with stomach ache, and the time period is also reduced to only 4 days. Is this usual in this age or any problem? Please suggest me.
I had used unwanted 72 n then had withdrawal bleeding seven days after it which lasted for two days. This bleeding started on 20 april and I'm due for my regular periods on 5 may. How late is my period going to be.
Precocious puberty is a medical condition in which the process of a child turning into an adult i.e. puberty is initiated at an earlier stage than what is considered as normal. Certain characteristics like rapid growth of bones and muscles change the body structure, its ability to reproduce and manifest during puberty. If puberty is initiated before the age of 8 in girls and 9 in in case of boys, then it is a case of precocious puberty.
Studies to determine the actual cause as to why precocious puberty occurs have been inconclusive. In some cases, due medical conditions, such as hormonal disorders, brain abnormalities, brain tumor, and infections might cause precocious puberty. Generally medication is prescribed in such conditions to delay the process of puberty until later.
In case of girls, if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 8 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Breast Growth
- Menarche (First Period)
In case of boys if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 9 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Enlarged testicles and penis
- Facial hair
- Deepening voice
Also, there are few characteristics or traits which are common to both girls and boys and indicate precocious puberty if it occurs at an early age:
- Underarm hair or pubic hair
- Rapid growth
- Adult body odor
Precocious puberty might induce a few complications. A few have been stated below:
Short height: Children who are suffering from precocious puberty in many cases grow taller at a quicker rate at first. This generally causes such children to be of below average height when they enter adulthood. By early diagnosis and treatment of precocious puberty, such a situation could be avoided and the child in question would be taller than he/she would if they did not undergo treatment.
Social and emotional problems: Children who undergo puberty before their peers can end up being self-conscious about their body, which may result in low self-esteem or in extreme cases substance abuse.
Treatment of patients suffering from precocious puberty can be administered through medications like GnRH antagonist treatment. This is a monthly injection, which delays further development and has to be continued up to the point till normal puberty period sets in.
I am 23 years old I had sex with my boy friend on 26/nov/2015 my last period was on 1st nov, i am not sure I am pregnant or not. Please tell me how i will get to know? Please advise.
Dear sir. My wife is pregnant and it's 5 th month of her. It's first pregnancy of her. She didn't feel a single movement of baby yet. Is it normal everything?
Having Multiple Sex Partners - Good or Bad? Multiple sex partners means having more than one person that you engage in sexual activity with. There are many risks associated with having multiple sexual partners, such as an increase in risk of pregnancy and transmitting a sexual disease. However, some people believe that it is natural to have multiple sex partners and that it can keep your sex life exciting if you are not just having sex with one person. It is your personal choice to have sex with multiple people, however you need to be careful particularly as it carries multiple risks. The more sexual partners you have, the higher the risk of catching a sexually transmitted infection (STI). There are many reasons why people have lot of sexual partners. This may be from the use of alcohol or drugs, which make you want more sex. This may also be from the excitement that you get from having multiple partners, or that you feel liberated having casual sex with multiple partners. Drugs or alcohol increase your chance of having risky sex and making decisions that you wouldn't normally make in these situations, such as having unprotected sex if your judgement is clouded. If you are having sex with multiple people, only one of them needs to be infected with an STI for it to be passed between everyone. You can pass it to your partners, and if they are all having sex with multiple partners this can be passed to their partners, and so on. You cannot ever be sure whether someone has an STI by just looking at them or their behaviour, so you need to make sure that you are extra careful and dont take any unnecessary risks. If you are in a relationship and you both agree to have multiple partners, you need to be open with your partner and honest about any risks you may have taken, such as having unprotected sex. Having multiple partners while you are in a relationship can cause major strain and both physical and emotional trauma, so if this is something that you want to engage in, you need to have a hard think about whether this will harm your relationship. Ask yourself why you want to have multiple partners, and how your partner will feel about this. You also need to consider the emotional implications that can come from having multiple sex partners. Can you handle having so many people close to you, and prevent yourself from getting attached? Will you be okay with having impersonal sex that wont provide any emotional fulfillment? There is also a risk of making yourself a bad reputation if you always have multiple sexual partners; you dont want people to think that you are easy . This could possibly lead you into situations where people may assume that you are willing to have sex or may take advantage, so you need to be careful and always be sensible if you have multiple sexual partners and having casual sex. You are also at a higher risk of getting pregnant if you are having sex with multiple partners, as it is often in a casual manner so you are less focused on using protection, particularly if drugs or alcohol are involved. There is also a high risk of getting pregnant, and if this happens, you may then be facing with the problem of figuring out who the father of the baby is. The main thing you have to worry is how this may affect your health, and the steps you can take to be safe if you have multiple partners to ensure that you are never in danger.
I am 19 years old. I have white discharge regularly. It's white and thick but doesn't smell. It really makes me feel uncomfortable. This discharge is happneing since 5 years. I had been neglecting it. But now a medicine friend of mine said it can be a serious problem and asked me to go and see gynaec. But I thought I consult here first. A week back I just got tested my urine it showed pus cells and yeast cells. My friend who is still studying medicine said it could be yeast infection though she isn't sure. Is it the indication of yeast infection? but I dont have any symptoms of uti. Please help me get rid of this daily white discharge. I am really shy to go to gynaec?
Hi Doctor, Am married- me and wife trying to get baby, so we tried to have sex frequently last one week (alternative date). I ejaculate with sleeping position. Her periods date ends on 6th this month_ from the periods end till now I have ejaculate 7 to 8 times. When I ejaculate all my sperms coming out from hervagina. And she peeing urine in bathrooms and cleaning with water. Here my question this time will she get pregnancy? When shall I start seeing the symptoms?
I am 19 years old, suffering from stomach pain in periods time so what I want to ask is using tablets and injections during periods will it effect at pregnancy time?
I had mild pain in near my lower ribs with a little pain while breathing. Doctor prescribed for a endoscopy and ultra sound. Both tests were normal but ultra sound detected a cyst in left ovary. Is it dangerous. Secondly is there a remedy to it.
Papaya is intense, light and rough by nature, besides being hot in potency. The taste is sweet and pungent, though the after taste is bitter. Chemically, this fruit contains gum resin, yellow in color, glycosides, sugars, citric acid and papain, a digestive enzyme. This enzyme has digestive fats and proteins. It has abundant vitamins, namely, vitamin b complex, vitamin a and vitamin c. It is filled with minerals such as sodium and potassium supplements.
Natural tonic: papaya has numerous minerals, vitamins and digestive enzymes as a natural source. You can have papaya as a regular food in your daily diet and thus feel the boost of energy. This fruit can be beneficial as it increases blood sugar levels and improves blood pressure. It is highly recommended to people who suffer from lack of vigor, occasional sleep loss and fatigue symptoms.
Health benefits of papaya
- When taken with warm water is very useful. Even lactating mothers must supplement this fruit in their diet as a daily regimen. This results in a good production of milk.
- Joint pains remedy: the leaves and seeds of papaya are helpful in decreasing swelling and pain. The leaves may be warmed and applied on the affected joint pains and the seeds may be crushed and mixed with mustard oil for local massage.
- Papaya leaves and seeds are useful in treating intestinal worms.
- Papaya contains papain, the protein that is a digestive enzyme and assists in the process of natural digestion.
- Papaya can be had as regular consumption and it will help in solving the colon infections problem.
- The papaya skin is excellent in curing skin wounds.
- Papaya is high in nutritive value and low in calories, thus an excellent food for people on a diet.
- Consuming papaya regularly helps in relieving nausea and morning sickness.
- Papaya has anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties. This anti-inflammatory property helps in reducing pain for people suffering from arthritis, osteoporosis, and edema.
- Papaya is exceptionally good for people who frequently suffer from a cough, cold or flu. This is because papaya promotes the immune system. Vitamin a and c in high concentration is beneficial to promote the immune system.
- Papaya is the best for good hair and equally helps in controlling dandruff. In fact, even the papaya shampoos are exceptionally good for hair and are easily obtainable in many stores.
- Raw papaya reduces menstrual irregularities and helps women. Papaya eases the condition in women by promoting natural flow during the cycle of menstruation.
- Papaya cleans your stomach and if papaya is eaten alone for 3 to 4 days, it has a beneficial tonic effect on the intestines and stomach.
Can two different multivitamin b taken simultaneously in a day thyobless and folli hair.Please tell.
Hi sir Why my girl did not get pregnant even after I ejaculated inside her more than 50 times? During her periods. And after her periods even. Is she medically unfit to produce baby? I have been doing the same from 2 years. I would like to know if she is proper? Or is having unprotected sex during periods and after 3 days of periods does not not become pregnant?
Hi, I am 30 years old women trying for conceiving from last 2 months I was tested with all my hormones in may 2015, all were normal except AMH that was 1.05 which falls under low normal value. Please suggest what remedy available for this I already taken dhea medicine for 2.5 months.
Last month 6th I get period. But nw may 10. Still I did not get my period. I have regular period. But this mnth is delayed. And I am worrying about that am getting pregnant or not. Help me to getting periods soon. Suggest me any home made items, foods etc.
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should also be kept in mind is that every drug is used for one of its particular property, which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED). Viagra thus, became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels.
Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life:
- Antihypertensives: Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
- Antidepressants: With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed antidepressants, especially the selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood, but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a workaround for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
- Proscar: Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby, reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
- Antihistamines: Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
- Anti-seizure drugs: Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
- Opioids: For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and Oxycodone are used, but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby, reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life.