Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajay Doiphode
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay DoiphodeYour feedback matters!
I have throat infection carrying near abt a month. What can be the problem? Aftr proper medicines n treatment it dint stop.
Ringing started in my right ear after I heard a loud speaker noise. The ringing is frequent. But the pitch is less. I had some ear infection earlier. The doctor told me that it is granular PHARYNGITIS. Is it or something else.
My mother is having ear infection right now. In parallel she is having diabetes and is on medication. sugar test on 10th june16 was 200 and 312.
My nose's bone has been increased and due this I have problem with sneezing and also my nose is little bit deflected so I want to know what should I do?
Hi, I am Dr Khatri and I am an ENT surgeon. I will tell you something about Swimmer's ears.
The common causes are;
- Exposing to dirty water or long standing water like lakes and pond which contains a high content of bacteria.
- It can also be due to some bacterial like lisa dumas or other bacterias. But also can be due to some fungus or viruses.
The common risk factors are;
- Scratching or wrong ways to clean the ear.
- It can be due to middle ear infections which person already have and have discharge.
- Sometimes it can be an allergic reaction to the chemicals used for dye or something else.
The common symptoms are;
- Itching and irritation which can be intense later on.
- There can be redness in the skin, discomfort and later on pain in the external canal.
- There can be some discharge which later can be converted into Puss.
- There can be partial blockage or fullness of the ear canal.
Usually, it needs medical treatment, cleaning and ear drops. Also, you need to consult an ENT specialist. And meanwhile, you should avoid exposure to the water. You should not allow water to enter the ear during the medical treatment.
I am students earlier my ear are leaked so what can I do for solve of my problem please tell me something about my problem.
Remember how Shrek literally pulled out a candle from his ear for the dinner table? Ever tried doing it yourself? Well, the stuff in your ears may be called wax, but it can’t really be used to make a candle. However, it certainly can signify a lot about your health. Though the idea of discussing earwax is rather disgusting, it actually plays a pivotal role in keeping your ears healthy and functioning. Earwax protects your eardrums by barring the entry of insects, fungi, bacteria, dust and bacteria. In clinical terms, earwax is also known as cerumen.
Studies indicate that children typically produce more earwax than adults. The earwax in your ear is a combination of alcohol, shed layers of the ear, unsaturated and saturated long-chain fatty acids and squalene. In order to clean earwax, you should not insert objects too deep in your ear, instead, you can just wipe it off with a cotton swab. The color and texture of the earwax removed can actually indicate your overall health condition, stress level, genetic ancestry, etc.
Know what your earwax color says about your health
- Pale yellow to yellow earwax: It is the most common type of earwax and indicates overall good health. Children typically produce soft, pale yellow earwax and in case of adults, the color should remain the same, but the texture tends to be sticky.
- Wet vs. dry earwax: Wet and dry are the genetically determined earwax types, wherein, the 'wet type' is dominant and the 'dry type' is recessive. A research, conducted on Biologic variation in health and illness: race, age, and sex differences (1985) by Overfield, Theresa, established that dry-type earwax indicates East Asian and Native American ancestry, while wet-type indicates African and European.
- Thick, dark and black colored earwax: The production of earwax is also influenced by your stress level i.e. when you are stressed out, the glands that are responsible for the production of earwax work overtime and produce excess amount of earwax. As this earwax collects, it can turn thicker and darker thus, this type of earwax is a sign of increased stress level. And, black colored earwax indicates that it has been accumulating in your ears for quite some time and has not been cleaned. To avoid this, it is essential to clean your ears from time to time and in the right way.
- Dry, gray earwax: The gray color of the wax is an indication of dust build-up and must be cleaned properly at regular intervals. However, if your earwax suddenly seems dry and brittle, it could be the sign of a skin infection. Dry earwax accompanied by itchiness in the ear is usually a sign of eczema.
- Bloody earwax: Blood in the earwax should never be ignored. This could be caused by an ear infection or can be a sign of ruptured eardrum and you must consult your doctor immediately.
Thus it is important that you take proper care of your ears so as to ensure that your hearing is maintained and although earwax protects your ears against infections and problems, it must be cleaned from time to time. It is advisable that you get your ears cleaned professionally, in case you are suffering from certain ailments such as Diabetes.