Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Agrawal ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old unmarried female. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5 ft 2 inch. I have problem regarding my menstrual cycle. I always have regular periods. But its being irregular from july I got periods on 18 july for 5 days normally after 16 june But then It did not happen in august And directly on 19 September for 5 days Then on 9 october for 5 days And now its happening again from 25th october. I do not know why it did not happen for 2 months and then happened after 20 days and now in 10 days. Should I be worried. Or is it normal Note: I am a healthy girl But I suffered from viral fever in july for a month And after that my blood pressure went low And I had a deficiency of vitamin B12 in September But that is all cured by consulting doctors and taming injections and medicines. Is my menstrual problem related with this? Please help. I am unmarried and not involved in any sexual activity.
I was good in sex till last couple of months. I do not know what happened suddenly. I am not able to do sex more then one time with a her. Two weeks I was having less sleep and I was consumed little alcohol in Pondicherry.
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
I have pcod problem. How could I have a baby. Is it possible. I tried a baby about 3yrs. But I failed. Doctor advice me to do laproscopy for a baby. What should I do. Please help me.
My age is 19 and amI facing problem in getting regular period cycle from age of 16 it always happens this way like once after 2 -3 months. I have the issue of pimples all around my face and a fat body too, I feel week too when period starts. Hairball is a major issue now for me along with facial and body hairs. Could You please help me cuz I'm badly in need of some treatment now I feel.
Acne can be frustrating and annoying. A lot of unnecessary chaos can be avoided if people get the facts right.
1. Myth: Adults do not suffer from acne problems
Truth: While acne outbreaks are common amongst teenagers, adults are not spared either. In adults, the acne problems are essentially of two types; the late onset acne and the persistent acne. In many cases, it has been observed that the acne problems appear at a later period, mostly after 23 to 25 years of age (late onset acne). At other times, the unwanted acne outbreaks that mark its appearance during the teenage years linger for a longer period (persistent acne type).
2. Myth: A person's eating habits and lifestyle has no role to play in acne
Truth: Lifestyle and eating habits can influence a person's health. Excessive intake of sweets and simple carbohydrates can worsen the acne. Stress, fatigue, lack of proper sleep, can also aggravate the already frustrating acne problem.
3. Myth: Acne results from dirty skin, with adult men and women being equally affected
Truth: The Pilosebaceous unit of the skin plays a pivotal role in acne outbreaks. The oil producing gland (Sebaceous gland) of this unit acts as the main control. Certain hormones regulate the activity and size of this gland. An increase in the size of the sebaceous gland results in an increased oil secretion. The skin pores become very sticky. These pores serve as a host, into which the acne causing bacteria, P. acnes multiples.
Adult women are more prone to acne than their male counterparts. This is because, hormonal imbalance or alterations affects adult females more. Women often suffer from acne during menstruation.
4. Myth: Acne can spread from one person to another
Truth: More than often, acne is seen as a contagious dermatological problem. Though caused by the bacteria P. acnes, acne is not contagious. It is rather foolish to maintain a distance from the affected individual.
5. Myth: Acne is a minor problem and needs no medical intervention
Truth: Going for self-medication can do the acne more harm than good. Acne is influenced by a number of internal as well as external factors (stress, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle). For an effective treatment, it is important to identify the root cause. It is best to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
6. Myth: In case of acne, the face should be frequently washed and cleansed
Truth: Ideally, the face should be washed twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Some people get eternal pleasure in squeezing the heads of the spot. This can damage your skin beyond repair.
Do not allow acne problems to affect your self-confidence. Acne can be cured. Do not fall for the baseless myths.
Hoarseness in the simplest sense means, 'hoarse voice'. It may be defined as an abnormal voice change. It is experienced in the form of strained, rough, thick, harsh and grating voice. Variations can be felt even in the loudness and pitch of the voice.
Hoarseness is a temporary infection associated with the larynx, which is also known as the voice box in animals as well as humans. Vocal cords are present inside the voice box. Depending on the vibration of the vocal cord, different sounds are produced.
What are the general causes of hoarseness?
Hoarseness may be caused by common cold, viral infection, cough, irritation due to screaming, smoking, allergy, thyroid problem, acute laryngitis and benign tumor. In adults, the stomach asset comes up to the throat causing hoarseness. Heartburn can also be one of the causes.
When hoarseness arises due to common cold and cough, it will last for 2 to 3 days and will subside using cough suppressant and home remedies like salt water gargling, drinking hot milk with turmeric and pepper powder. As cough or cold suppress, hoarseness will also reduce.
When to see an Otolaryngologist (ENT specialist)?
Serious infections in ear nose and throat are treated by an otolaryngologist. It is very essential to consult this specialist if hoarseness lasts for more than 2 to 3 weeks; pain in ENT is not due to cold or flu, coughing up blood, lump in the neck.
Evaluation: The medical specialist starts his diagnosis by physically examining the vocal cord. Flexible light weight fiber optic tube scope is also used to visually examine the larynx area. Videotaping, acoustic analysis is also done to study voice irregularities, airflow to guide treatment.
How can hoarseness be treated?
The mode of treatments depends on underlying the cause of the problem. The patient may be advised:
- In most cases, hoarseness can be treated just by resting your throat or modifying the use of your voice.
- To avoid smoking or passive smoking
- Referred to a speech therapist to improve sound of voice.
- In case of benign tumor the nodule or polyp is removed by surgery.
How can you prevent hoarseness?
We've all heard the phrase, 'prevention is better than cure'. Alas, it is. Preventing hoarse voice and throat is a much better option than treating it. Here are some tips on how to prevent hoarseness:
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid overconsumption of caffeine and alcohol.
- Consume plenty of water
- Avoid eating spicy food.
- Avoid speaking loudly for long intervals of time.
During period tym my wife has very sincere pain in leg, stomach and waist. please tell me that what I can do for my wife?
Hi i'm 26 years old female. Having irregular periods problem from starting only. I don't have any pcod thyroid problem. But still i'm not getting my period. Even now also there is 3 months of gap. If I take any medicine i'm getting it. Is there any permanent solution for this problem?
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.
Calories – A word you often come across when watching your weight. Counting calories is a healthy habit and quite the fashionable trend. Just knowing the word or counting calories will not help though. Here is some more information on how calories work. This will bring you a step closer to your health goal.
Calories - What are they?
Every living being requires energy to survive. Almost everything we eat, except water, provides us with calories. Every food contains some macro and micro nutrients, which, apart from providing calories, have an important role to play in our metabolism.
1 gm of carbohydrate = 4 calories
1 gm of fat = 9 calories
1 gm of protein = 4 calories
In terms of micro nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber and some plant chemicals do not supply calories.
Calories – How many do you need?
Calorie requirement of every individual is decided based on factors like height, age, weight, sex, the daily activity level and your body composition. The recommended average daily calorie intake is of 1940 calories for women and 2550 for men. Larger people with more muscle, need more calories. Calculate your basic calorie requirement.
Calories and weight loss?
For weight loss, it is essential to consume lesser calories and burn excess ones that are stored in the body as fat.
A] Consuming lesser calories – This can be done by keeping a track of calories you consume throughout the day. Simply substitute high calorie food (fried, otherwise fatty, sugar-laden food) with fiber-rich, low-calorie food (whole grain cereals, veggies, fruits, green leafy vegetables). High fiber food also helps you in cutting down on the quantity intake, leading to further calorie reduction. Subtracting 500 calories every day will lead to 500 gm weight loss per week. You may be interested in a sample 1200 calories indian diet plan for weight loss.
B] Burning excess calories – Increase your physical activity level by changing your lifestyle. Take up an exercise that suits your body and age. Exercise like jogging, running, walking, swimming, gymming and cycling will help in losing those extra calories.
What if I go on an extremely low calorie diet for speedy weight loss?
A very low calorie diet is the gateway to ill-health. It may give you great results in the beginning but, it ultimately leads to muscle loss, fat storage and a slower metabolism. In extreme cases it may also lead to gall stones and cardiac problems. Consuming a minimum of 1100 – 1200 calorie diet every day is the recommendation by medical authorities.
If you are already consuming only a 1200 calorie diet, do not reduce your calorie intake any further. Instead, try to burn around 300 calories through exercise or any sport. Get active by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk from office to your home.
Is the source of the calorie important?
Well, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but the calories derived from protein and carbohydrates are considered to be healthier, as a more complex process is required in processing these calories which in turn increase your bmr.
These macro nutrients also have some very important roles to play in the body mechanism.
Fat provides more calories in comparison to carbs and protein. It is processed in a simple way, making your system sluggish. The excess calories are easily converted to fat and this results in weight gain. [you may be interested in reading our article butter vs margarine].
Calories remains a common factor of consideration in case of weight loss, weight gain and weight maintenance. It is all about how you apply the mechanics of calories.