Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Afra KhanYour feedback matters!
I am having tooth problem from few days. Whenever I am having cold thing I feel sensation in left part. I tried colgate sensitive from a month but it still not working. So please advice me something.
I have wisdom teeth in upper left part, due to that I was getting pain, so I consult a doctor, there told me that should be removed. So it is essential to get extract that wisdom teeth? Or not?
Helo! I need to clean my teeth, now it seems a yellow I would like very white, I am in Hyderabad, it suitable today? At what time? Also my English very poor. If you speak with me slowly I can understand.
My aunt has problem in her teeth. She just removed one teeth by dentist. I need some tips that will help her to keep her teeth strong.
Hi doc: with greetings of the day: I am 57yrs male, had rct for upper left last tooth from mds doc. She made vent on three places taking 12 painful sittings & two were successful she said. Did temporary filling & asked to come once pain subsists. As there was repeated pain, even after 4 months, doc said rct has failed & hence redo the rct or extract. Another mds was appraoched. He took omr(mouth xray) & referred to a) facial surgeon, took head scanning for possible sinusus & found nothing b) another visiting rtc specialist-a friend of him for opinion. The doc makes temporary filling every time I complain of pain. In the meantime, I complained of jaw pain & shoulder pain but ignored saying it is not related to them. Finally, had heart attach & also diagnosed diabetes & under treatment. I did not find solution yet with mds docs past one & half year. Yesterday I was again advised for temporary filling. Appreciate your advise please. Regards.
Sir, I am mahendra My gums very bad smell is coming To night Eat a chicken very bad smell is coming night and then pain full teeth So tell me original greet ment.
Hi sir/mam 6 month ago my teeth and gums are very pain nothing to eat for that side any food touch that side very pain am consult a doctor (general doctor) in small clinic he said some small piece of food jacked between the teeth so gums sore are create and give me the some tablet that pain are going but still last 1week heavy pain and create a some sore and sealed in my gums and create a some bad small in my mouth. Please give me a solution.
I am 24 year old male. I am having pain in my jaw at the right side. In chewing food and in opening a wide mouth
Age 74 mouth me laar bahoot jyada aa raha hai or iski vajah se khaana nahi kha paa rahaa hoon, kya ushe mai ent specialist ko dikha sakta hu?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.