Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aditi Mehta
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi MehtaYour feedback matters!
What is the main reason behind my neck pain? Also there is lot of pain I am facing in my knee. Tell me the type of medicine I need to be used Thanks.
Hello doctor I am 19 years old male. I am suffering from leg muscles pain and pain in the lower part of my leg since 7 months. My both legs are in pain all the day. I can't even run and play any games. What can I do now. Please suggest some solution.
My bro is suffering from waist pain. Is there any thing related to this problem of getting thin day by day. Or some other issues may be the reason. Please let me know.
HI name is madhu, I am from bangalore in k r purim. I have pine back side and moshan problem last 4 year.
From the last 10 days I am having a pain in the joint between the thigh and upper body in my left leg .can't understand the nature of the pain ,whether it's a cramp or something else but when I exercise sometime the pain goes away. It is causing problem in any kind of movement during the pain. During the exercise there is sometimes bone noise from the knees. I cannot determine whom to consult.
My back is paining since one months. Pain start from chest to one side with whole back side and some time this pain goes with ear side and my neck always paining too. I took lots of medicine but there's no effect. I worked as tailor for 8 hours. What should I do?
My father is suffering with knee pain for past 1 year. His pains are very high. We are thinking about knee replacement operation. Tell me is this the only solution and what is the best knee replacement operation?
Hello Sir/Madam, My Age-32 years old. I have mild supra tendonitis in left shoulder. It is due to weight lifting in gym. I took treatment from CMC Chandigarh hospital but doctor said it can cure with long time or you have to operate it but operation is not successful every time. So I just want to know can I heal it. I took many medicines and did many exercises that time. This problem is approx. 10 years old. I don't have any problem to lift weight but not like right shoulder. It pains in winter sometimes and while doing work above head like painting and dusting etc. Please help if you can. Your quick reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Pain in both leg ankle after running from last 10 years, doctors told it is spur. Please suggest.
1. Drink plenty of water (recommended about 8 glasses a day)
2. Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake (cut down tea, coffee, aerated drinks, alcohol). Alcohol and caffeine cause mild dehydration which can lead to muscle tightness.
3. Eat foods that help reduce muscle tightness. Foods rich in magnesium such as bananas can help. Use sea salt with food as the sodium in it helps relax muscle cramps. Potassium rich foods such as avocados, potatoes, bananas, broccoli, orange juice, soybeans, apricots, and raisins can decrease tightness and cramps. Milk has a large amount of vitamin d, which will reduce your chances of cramping. Have one to two glasses of milk each day to help you prevent cramps. As a bonus, all the calcium in whole milk will also contribute to healthy bone growth.
4. Stretching exercises. Stretching exercises will help release chemical substances called endorphins that help reduce pain. Also it helps elongate tight and contracted muscle fibers.
5. Massage to relieve pain from tight muscles. Deep tissue massage, trigger point release and myofascial release are some of the techniques used by Physiotherapists trained in manual therapy to help loosen painful knots in muscles and relax the same.
6. Drinking plenty of water, often considered to be between eight to ten glasses per day, provides many benefits such as preventing and relieving tight and cramped muscles related to dehydration. However, tight muscles can have a variety of causes and might require dietary and lifestyle changes to adequately deal with.
7. Minerals, electrolytes and water are all needed for normal muscle tone and function. Calcium is especially important for contraction, magnesium is needed for relaxation, and water for firmness and electrolyte exchange. Athletes commonly have tight muscles and also people who are under stress. Tight muscles lose their flexibility and might become painful to the touch.
Mineral deficiency, especially magnesium, can lead to muscle tightness, twitching and maybe even restless leg syndrome at night. A lack of electrolytes, such as sodium, interferes with nerve conductance to muscle fibers and results in tightness and spasms. Poor blood circulation hampers the minerals, electrolytes and water getting to muscles, which can cause symptoms. Most of us drink a lot of beverages but it has either caffeine or alcohol which can both lead to mild dehydration.
I'm a 32years old male working in IT industry 1) facing pain in the center of my back 2) unable to sense sometime odor/smell, suspecting the severity of sinus 3) at times upper/lower/both stomach gets tighter, suspecting gastric issues 4) at times post urine I can sense some pain in the urinal path. Please advice.
I am 32 years old and feels pinching pain in knees while climbing stairs. Sometime this pain increases and subsidise while resting.
Hi Doctor, 2 days before I drank cognac and after that I drank beer and next morning I wake up with a pain lower back on the left side, and still today on the 3rd day the pain is still there. And this is the second time this happened to me after drinking. 3 weeks before this when I drank whiskey the next morning I wake up with a pain in the left leg toe. Firstly I was thinking it was a muscle strain due to bad sleeping posture but now when it happened second time in a month and especially after drinking I think its something else. Can you please advise me doctor what is this symptoms for?
My brother is 34 he has started lower back pain he goes on bike for his job he has taken physiotherapy what he should do.
Arthritis occurs when the joints in the body are inflamed or there is a breakdown of cartilage in the joints. Joints are places in the body where two or more bones meet, such as the hip or knee. Cartilage is the cushion in the joints that protects them from pressure and makes movements smooth. When cartilage breaks down in a joint, the bones rub together.
This causes pain, swelling, and stiffness. The most common type of arthritis is osteoarthritis. With this type of arthritis, the joints wear out over time from the use or as the person ages. Injury to a joint may also lead to this type of arthritis. Osteoarthritis occurs most often in the knees, hips and hands. The joints begin to ache
And thicken. At times, the tissues around the joint become trained and cause more pain.
Arthritis can also occur when the immune system, which normally
Protects the body from infection, attacks the body's tissues. Rheumatoid arthritis is the most common type of this kind of arthritis. It causes inflamed and painful joints and may affect other parts of the body, such as the heart, muscles, blood vessels,
Nerves and eyes.
Signs of arthritis
- joint pain
- joint is not stable or it feels like it will not support you
- joint enlarges or swells
- stiffness, often in the morning
- limited use of joint
- warmth around the joint
- redness of the skin around joint
Other signs may occur with rheumatoid arthritis. If you have any signs that cause you pain or concern, see your doctor.
Your doctor will talk to you about your health and look at your joints. Your doctor may order blood tests. Uric acid and r. A elisa and x-rays.
Treatment of arthritis depends on:
- the cause
- which joints are painful
- the amount of pain
- how arthritis affects your daily activities
- your age
- your work or activity
Your doctor may suggest:
- medicine to control pain and swelling
- physical or occupational therapy
- weight loss
- heating joints with warm water
- oiling on joints
As a part of your treatment, you may need to:
- exercise to improve movement and joint strength. Good choices
Include walking, swimming, bike riding, dancing, strength training
And gentle stretching exercises.
- use hot or cold treatments to control pain and swelling.
- avoid positions or movements that put extra stress on your painful joints.
- avoid staying in a position too long.
Call your doctor right away if:
- you have severe unexplained joint pain.
- the joint is very swollen.
- you suddenly have a hard time moving the joint.
- your skin around the joint is red or hot to the touch.
- you have other signs that concern you.
Talk or come to us if you have any questions or concerns.