Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aditi Laud
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi LaudYour feedback matters!
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
If you wish to discuss about any specifi problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
She is in very difficulty. She has a bad back pain and she is unable to wake up in morning easily. So please help her by medicines and by your useful tips too?
I am suffering from back pain from last 2-3 year. Some people saying it's because of your hight is it correct or not. If not then what is actually reason behind it?
Main 25 years ki hoon aur mujhe saans lene mein problem hoti hai. Mujhe baar Baar mouth se jor se saans khichna padta hai. Fir bhi pura saans nahi le paati hoon . Baar Baar is tarah jabar dasti saans lene k karan chest, stomach, and back mein bhi pain ho jaata hai . Saans puri achhi tarah se nahi le paane k karan bahut bechaini hoti hai aur ghutan lagta hai.
Hello doctor I am just 24 age I went to gym got knee pain I got MRI scan results says minimal joint effusion visualised and grade 2 signal visualised in the posterior horn of medical meniscus what type of treatment I should take and I am superior court n construction site stand for long time how to adjust myself.
Please recommend exercises for after joint hip total replacement - right side. One year completed after operation. Thank you.
My wife is aged 50 years. She get crunches in the legs in the evening normally. She is a teacher in a school in which she moves from ground to second floors two to three times in a day. Kindly advice some medicine for stopping crunches in the legs.
I have to ride my bike daily for average 3 hours daily. I am having back pain severely. Please give me some suggestions.
Hello, I am Dr Sajna. I am an Ayurveda physician and specialized in Panchakarma therapy. We are doing authentic ayurvedic treatment and special Kerala Panchakarma treatment. Here I want to talk about the Back pain management through Ayurveda. Nowadays back pain has become very common and people are not aware of its cause and the correct treatment. There are many reasons for back pain such as;
- Deficiency of Calcium and Vit-D
- After delivery
- During menses
- After menopause and much more...
For treating this problem, seek for a good doctor, know the main cause and start the treatment.
How can we manage back pain with the help of Ayurveda?
Here in the Ayurveda, we are treating back pain into two different ways;
- Shamana Therapy
- Shodhana Therapy
Shamana therapy is basically a meditation which helps in strengthening muscles, veins, nerves and helps in reducing swelling and pain. It is a drug treatment which includes massage. The medicine is poured on the swelled part of the body, in order to get relief from pain and swelling
The other one is Sneha Swed Therapy. It includes oil massage, medicated leaves. The massage with this mixture is extremely helpful in pain relief and selling treatment. It helps in strengthening muscles and give relief to nervous, also it reduces compression.
The second part of the treatment is to reduce the reoccurrence and the compression. That is the Shodhana Therapy which is also called Detoxification process. Here in back pain, we do three types of detoxification process;
- First is the Nasal cleaning. This is basically a cervical problem. In this, we pour some medicated oil or the decoction in the nasal for its cleaning.
- Second is for the lower back, that is, Basti and the Virechana.
Virechana is a loose motion process. This helps in cleaning the bawal and helps in reducing the pain.
- The other one is Basti. This is one of the main treatment in Ayurveda. It is a Panchkarma treatment, which is called Enema. There are two types of Enema- Oil Enema and Khada enema (decoction of medication). This Basti is helpful in reducing the vada which is accumulated in the lower back, causing the back pain. it also helps in reducing the compression.
Sometimes the pain radiates to the legs, which is called Sciatica or Gridhrasi.
So the main treatment is Panchkarma treatment which helps in reducing nervous compression, muscle relaxation and helps in reducing reoccurrence pain.
So this is a small description of Ayurvedic treatment for back pain. Yogasana is also one of the successful treatment for reducing back pain. Here we provide ayurvedic treatment in the best possible way.
You can contact me through Lybrate or visit my clinic which is located in sec 42, 43, near Rapid metro station and another centre is in sec 48, Sohna road.