Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi DaniYour feedback matters!
Mai apni wife ke sath daily 1-2 baar sex karta Hu. Means 40-45 times in a month. To mai limit se jyada baar to sex nahi kar raha hu aur isse mere ya mere partner k health me koi problem to nai hogi. Aur please ye batay ideally hm loge 1 month me kitne baar sex kare jisse hamari health me koi bad effect na Ho.
No period for 3 months. Can I take meprate 10 mg for 5 days. Will it bring my period back to normal. As I was on yasmin before it for 2 years on and off.
Last month meri sadi ko 1 year complete hua. Now me and my wife now plan to baby. Last month humme 3 to 4 time try kiya but hume success nahi mili and meri wife 3 days pehle time me agai. Ab muje janna he month me best days konse he jab hum relation bandhe. Thank you.
Hello doc, my daughter told that she is having a brown discharge 2 days ago and I taught that she will have her periods but no she did not. Now she is telling that she is having a watery discharge. Will she have her periods next day or so? Tell help out doc cause we have to attend some events.
Hi. Im 23 years old. I have taken gynaset tablet for 2 days one time on morning alone. May I know how many days I should expect for periods. Its getting afraid for me. My last menses dec 3. I dint get. For me irregular period.
Is 72 unwanted pills are safe to take. If we r having any doubt? Is any side effect is there or not. please tell. Very clearly.
Which is the first day of period for my wife and how to period days count? Since we are planning to have baby but I will be travelling I get limited time to have sex so which is right day to have sex for baby. My wife getting 2days late in her period cycle. I want to know how is bleeding day is 1st day of period or what?
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
Despite its continual attention to cure when cure is what is needed, ayurveda always emphasises prevention over cure. Ayurveda balances and rejuvenates living organisms, reducing their susceptibility and empowering their immunity to prevent new disease from developing. Ayurveda is more a way of life, a way of learning how to cooperate with nature and live in harmony with her, than it is a medical system. Health in ayurveda means harmony, and there is really no limit to the degree of balance that a sincere harmony seeker can achieve.
I am 25 years. I got period last month may now this month not came I was taking pills upto march novelon I stopped in march and from last fifteen days back pain is also very much what is the reason? help me.
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled much yet just a few drops, which is abnormal for her for Day 4 of her periods. We're very concerned and have no intention to have a baby now. Is there any chance she's pregnant now or might get because of that incident? Should she take an emergency contraceptive pill just in case? If she's not pregnant what might be the reason for her bleeding to stop after 2 days of periods? This is very abnormal for her.
For those who don't know, bunions are salt buildups caused by an inflammation in the body or by wearing tight and uncomfortable shoes. Statistically speaking, women are more prone to them than men, even though the male population also suffers from this health issue.
Hence, although they're not necessarily painful, they do influence the quality of a person's life. That is, they're definitely unattractive and a real obstacle for finding the right shoes. One solution is surgery. However, if you don't want to go under the knife, you can always try out a more alternative approach.
Painlessly, this remedy will solve your bunion problems once and for all and you will successfully restore the normal shape of your feet.
300 ml of water
A tbsp of crushed bay leaves
First, boil the leaves for 5 minutes and then put them into a thermos. Leave the content overnight and strain it in the morning.
Drink the tea in small sips during the entire day. Repeat the procedure for a whole week.
Important to know:
During this period, your urge for urination will significantly increase. Don't worry, as this is an indicator that the salt deposits are dissolving properly and are stimulating the bladder.
What is natural cycle IVF?
Natural cycle IVF involves collecting and fertilising the one egg that you release during your normal monthly cycle. No fertility drugs are used in this treatment.
Is natural cycle IVF for me?
It may be worth discussing this treatment option with your clinician if your periods are fairly regular and you are ovulating normally.
You are unable to take fertility drugs (for example, cancer patients or those whose clinician has suggested that they are at risk of OHSS – ovarian hyper-stimulation – a dangerous over-reaction to fertility drugs) because for personal or religious beliefs you do not wish to have surplus eggs or embryos destroyed or stored.
How does natural cycle IVF work?
The treatment is the same as conventional IVF, but without the fertility drugs that are used to stop natural egg production and hormones that boost the supply of eggs.
As your ovaries aren’t being artificially stimulated, you don’t need to rest as you would after conventional IVF.
If your treatment is unsuccessful, you can try again sooner if you wish.
I have been married since aug 2015 and have been trying to conceive but no success. Sperm analysis shows volume of 2.5 mm; 65 million count and 40% motility. Sonography reveals a follicle. Everything else is normal.
It is no secret that our bodies and our environment are swimming in estrogen. Puberty is occurring as early as eight years old in children and recently babies in China have developed breasts. Frogs and fish are becoming "intersex" and losing their male characteristics from excreted estrogens in the environment and waterways. In England, the Daily Mail ran a feature on the phenomenon of women's bra cup sizes increasing independent of their weights, likely because of environmental and livestock chemicals. The website Green Prophet speculated that women in the Middle East are not yet experiencing cup inflation because their environments have not become similarly estrogenized.
While many people are fans of big boobs, the larger issue of feminized women, men and wildlife should be a wakeup call. Estrogen is blamed for everything from breast and prostate cancer and other hormone-linked conditions to obesity, sexual dysfunction, dropping sperm counts and depression and mood disorders. In studies of women given prescribed hormone drugs, estrogen was linked to lung cancer, ovarian cancer, skin cancer, gall bladder cancer, cataracts urinary incontinence and joint degeneration.
Most of us know we unwittingly get synthetic estrogens (endocrine disrupters) from plastics like BPA, petroleum based products, detergents, cosmetics, furniture, carpeting, thermal receipts and on our food from agriculture chemicals like pesticides, herbicides and fungicides (a good reason to buy organic). But we also get a lot of "natural" estrogens from foods we may eat every day. While these "phytoestrogens" are not as bad as synthetic chemicals, women who are plagued with PMS, fibrocystic disease and water retention, or who are at risk for breast cancer and men who do not want to be feminized may want to use them moderately.
Here are some "good" and "bad" foods that have more estrogen than you may realize?or want.
Flax and especially flax meal has the image of being a healthy superfood. But when you look at a list of the top phytoestrogen-containing foods, flax and flax products are at the very top. A hundred grams of flax packs an astounding 379,380 micrograms of estrogen compared with 2.9 micrograms for a fruit like watermelon. Flax is now widely found in baked goods like bread, bagels and muffins, snack foods, cereals, pasta, drink mixes and used in poultry, swine, beef and dairy cow feed.
It became a popular alternative to fish oil which had been promoted to improve mood, the immune systems and to prevent heart attacks and strokes, especially as concerns about mercury risks in some fish surfaced. A tablespoon of flaxseed oil, which contains alpha-linolenic acid (also found in walnuts and some oils) is "worth" about 700 milligrams of the omega-3 found in fish oil says the Harvard Medical School Family Health Guide. Flax also provides fiber, a substance lacking in our over-processed diets. But there is another reason it may not be the superfood it appears besides its estrogen wallop. Like so many edible plants today, genetically modified versions of flax are rampant, spreading and rarely labeled. Buyer beware.
What is the second highest phytoestrogen-containing food in most lists? Soy, which packs 103,920 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams. Low in calories and with no cholesterol, soy has been a mainstay protein of many cultures for centuries and is considered nature's perfect alternative to meat by many vegetarians and vegans. It has been hailed as a "good" estrogen that could prevent breast cancer and serve as an alternative for hormone replacement therapy, traditionally made from pregnant mare urine.
Yet the bloom has partially fallen off soy's rose. Its possible cancer prevention properties were called into question after some animal studies and groups like the American Cancer Society found themselves defending its moderate use. Like flax, unlabeled GMO soybeans dominate the market and have been linked to sterility and infant death in hamsters.
3. Other Legumes and Common Health Foods
Other "healthy" foods like flax and soy may have more estrogen than you think. Legumes like chickpeas (garbanzo beans) red beans, black-eyed peas, green peas and split peas are also estrogenic and black beans pack 5,330 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams. Hummus (from chickpeas) has 993 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams. How about the "healthful" seeds we think of as mingled in trailmix? Sesame and sunflower seeds are among the highest of all estrogenic foods. While their seeds are not a staple of most people's diets, their oils are widely used in processed and prepared foods. A site for women suffering from the estrogen-linked endometriosis advises against sunflower oil as well as safflower, cottonseed and canola oils and recommends only olive or grapeseed oil.
Other ingredients that can amount to a side dish of estrogen are alfalfa sprouts, licorice and the flavorings red clover and fennel, sometimes found in teas. Food ingredients in personal care products can also have estrogenic effects. Tea tree oil found in some shampoos, soaps and lotions can enlarge the breasts of boys reported ABC news. And sore and tender breasts have also been reported from using a shampoo with pomegranate.
4. Animal Products
On most lists of products containing estrogen, animal products like milk and beef are at the very bottom. Milk, for example, is said to provide 1.2 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams. Unfortunately, most "research" that assures the public that hormones used in meat production or milk production (like Monsanto's rBGH) result in less estrogen are funded by Big Ag. Two features betray the Big Ag-funded research ?it claims there is no difference between hormones that occur "naturally" in the human body and synthetic hormones, and it claims there are no residues of the latter. If synthetic hormones are so safe, why would we mind residues? The European Union disagrees about the dangers and boycotts US beef, which is swimming in the hormones oestradiol-17, trenbolone acetate, zeranol and melengestrol.
As for "no residues" a scientific paper called "Detection of Six Zeranol Residues in Animal-derived Food by HPLC-MS/MS" disputes the claim. Zeranol, an estrogen-like drug widely used in US livestock production is especially controversial. "Our laboratory has reported that long-term exposure to either Z [zeranol] or E2 [estradiol-17?] can induce transformation of human breast epithelial MCF-10A cells" says a 2009 paper in Anticancer Research.Translation: it can contribute to breast cancer: "The proper evaluation of the safety of Z [zeranol] is of both public health and economic importance"Another paper reports "breast irritation" in people exposed to nothing but the clothing of those working around zeranol. This is an ingredient used in US meat?
A paper which appeared in Science of the Total Environment examines the outbreak of precocious puberty and breast development of children in Italy and Puerto Rico in the late 1970s and 1980s and attributes the symptoms to zeranol-like "anabolic estrogens in animal foods" In both occurrences, the symptoms disappeared when the hormone-laced food was removed. Zeranol is found in meat, eggs and dairy products "through deliberate introduction of zeranol into livestock to enhance meat production" says the paper. It is "banned for use in animal husbandry in the European Union and other countries, but is still widely used in the US. Surprisingly, little is known about the health effects of these mycoestrogens, including their impact on puberty in girls, a period highly sensitive to estrogenic stimulation"