Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Adesh KarekarYour feedback matters!
I have this problem of bad breath for 9-10 years. When I first visited a dentist 6 years ago, he found no problem and suggested me medicated toothpaste, mouthwash and some medicine for 1 month. Problem didn't go. And 2 years ago, when I visited another dentist, he found I have little bit power so he did cleaning of my teeth and gum and assured me that I won't have the problem. But now my wife says that I still have the bad breath. How can I cure it completely.
Hi I have white patch line and a yellow patch on my tooth. Respectively on the upper and lower tooth. Can anyone help me how to get white tooth?
There are some marks or cuts in my middle of my tongue and it is paining since 4 days. When I eat any thing I started paining. What should I do.
I have a problem in my teeth whenever I drink cold water then I have suddenly pen in my my teeth so tell me that what I do?
I'm suffering from ulcer in mouth since from childhood what can I do for that to avoid it kindly guide me sir waiting. I have also taking tablets but no permanent solution can you suggest any permanent solution please help.
I am 25 years old. My teeth are yellow but I didn't eat the pan or gutkha up to now. How can I make my teeth white?
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi. I am Akshay Kumar.(m) 22. I am suffering with my tooth are becoming yellow and from Root's of my teeth are forming like rust. Which is the best toothpaste to cure my problem?
Sir I have problem in my teeths. Usually I do not eat sweets but when I ate than I feel a very strange feeling not pain but an unbearable feeling. Please tell me about it.
If you don't brush and floss every day, food stays in your mouth and collects bacteria, which can cause bad breath. Food collected between the teeth, on the tongue and around the gums can also rot, leaving an unpleasant odor. Foods like garlic and onions contribute to breath odor, and once the food is absorbed into the bloodstream, it is transferred to the lungs where it's expelled. Brushing, flossing and mouthwash will only mask the odor temporarily; odors continue until the body eliminates the food.
Tobacco products are another cause of bad breath.
Hi I want to know about skin related issues and teeth related issues. From my mouth a type smell come out so how can I will able to remove for long life.
Hello doctor I have problem of mouth ulcer for long time and many times pl suggest me for good medicine
Complete oral examination and evaluation, cavities risk assessment, diet counselling, brushing demonstration and other oral hygiene measures are step some of the steps your pediatric dentist would do to make your child a healthy child by ensuring a healthy mouth. Kindly contact your pediatric dentist to know more about the same and avail this wonderful initiative.