Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello doctor I am 36 year old man I have teeth cavity and blooding problem last five days what should I do please tell me doctor.
I have lot of gaps between my tooths and also I have bad smell in my mouth how can I get relief from these problems.
I suffer blooding very often from my teeth and constant swallowing. I need to know what should I do?
Was having habit of chewing tobacco Now wanted to leave but any how not able to Jaw has became Lil close so braces will help for a Lil wide jaw?or not?
My face looks little bit asymmetric currently I am undergoing ortho treatment to close the gap between teeth. Is there any way to make my face more symmetric.
Hello. My tooth gums always bleed. Tried so many solutions but still the same. And my mouth has a foul smell too. Please help me to get rid of all these.
My baby is 1 year and 2 months old. She doesn't have anything accept milk. But she is really active. She has only 1 tooth. Please tell me what should be given to her for her growth.
I have been suffering this below problem from last year. My cheeks are paining when I am watching tv working on my laptop watching movies. I don' t know why. Please suggest me doctor. I went to dental specialist he cleaned my teeth and send me. I scanned my cheeks it leaves me nothing.
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.