Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AchariyeYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old male and am still unable to get full beard and moustache and all my friends are having full beard and moustache and I fell insulted please suggest me what I should do now.
I had pimple problem then I went to clinic and started treatment. When I was taking treatment my skin became clean and fair. But after I stopped treatment my skin become thick and oily. So you can please tell me what should I do.
I have a nose bump after my nose piercing but it is not healing from 1 year there is no pain in it and no pus. What I should I prefer.
I am suffering from hair fall. I have to do shampoo daily to keep my hairs thatch, otherwise they stick on surface and looks too wired. Any tips to their growth and strength.
I have loss my hair. How to prevent my loss hair. And have white. Hair. Can you say ehat I do. Please sir tell me. As soon as possible.
Sir I have many small chicken pox dot or marks on my face .pls suggest any cream or treatment for this.
I am 20 years old female I have a dark circle under eye, and I want to remove it eagerly, please help me out from this problem.
I am 24 yrs old and I m facing the problem of under eye dark circle. Please give me some suggestions with home remedies.
I am 17 year old girl and I am suffering from last 6 years from etching in entire body and this etching cause many red red mark on skin and also cause pimple on chicks some time blood is also come when etching become too much .i use many medicine like cuticet, cetrizine,zempred, alspan, floristore, monolip, and many more bt any of them not work perfectly .my doctors said .now we can do any thing .all depends on God .plz suggest what I do please help me.
Sir how to remove marks and blemishes from face. I also want to remove dark circles so please advice me on this part.
Sir I am suffering burning sensation in legs and foot I am consult many doctors but my problem not solve I consume alcohol dyle doctor said stop alcohol I stopped talking alcohol but the problem same I take the pregabalin tablet every day please suggest me.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.