Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Abay DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I can see tonsil stone in my throat and every morning some white stones come out of mouth with smell bad. The small part which hangs in our mouth is also elongated that it rests on my tongue. I visited ent doc few months back. He gave me some medicines, but the stones and elongation still persist. Nowadays I M also getting throat pain on left side of my neck. It's been 8 months since the infection is there. What should I do?
I am a 25 year male and suffering from nose allergy. Every morning when I get up, I sneeze 3 to 4 times. What should I do?
I am having sore throat, intermittent dry cough and sometimes pain in throat since one month. I have taken antibiotics and cough syrup. I am also doing gargles 1/2 a day. There is no releif. Got checked up but doc says no medical condition seems to be there. Advice.
Hello sir. I am suffered from cough and sneeze. When I spit a yeallow pealgum and also comes from nose. Also I have allergy due to dust and spring chage. What I can do give me suggestion? I tried to doctor but not very well.
I am 61 year old. I feel dizziness after taking breakfast for 2-3 hours. I take BP medicine olmezest beta 50 & cilacar 10 after breakfast.
Every morning when cleaning my throat, blood is coming 2or3 drops every morning from past 1 month please tell me what is the reason behind this.
Sir meri mom. Ki age 49 hai. Unko gale me problem ho rhi hai. Awaj nhi nikal rhi hai. Saans lene me problem ho rhi hai khasne par bahut dard ho rha hai.
Stiffness on right side. Stiff Jaw, right leg n hand. Numbness on right feet after getting up. Pain in left hand. Stiffness in neck too. Have tinnitus too in right ear.
Hey I am Akshay my father have a problem of nose so they also take medicine but they do not get relief doctor said to my father that your nose bone was spread so please suggest me what can I do for my dad. Thanking you.
I am hearing a irregular thumping in my ear and it could be felt. I started today morning for first time. It is my exam today. Pkzz tell me a quick fix.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.