Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Some days back I got pain on left side of my teeth. I went to consult dental doctor. He told everything is fine at his end and be told to meet ent doctor that he had some doubt if sinus problem. Iam bit afraid now. Can sinus be cured with medicines or it needs any surgery? please tell me some precautions too what should not do or eat or drink like.
I had a bad habit of chewing gutkha now gracefully I have quit it but my teeth has red & black, marks how should I remove it?
I am 28 years old. From last 2 years my right sided tooth is being pained seldom which remains weeks. I am also being pained by same sided neck and eye. I want to know the problem and solution.
Doctor, My front upper teeth was half broken 10 years before, after that I went yo the doctor and 6 years before Dr. Removed my that teeth which as that teeth was getting black. Then Dr. Replaced that teeth with artificial teeth giving it support of two side teeth. He drilled my side teeth and then supported my artificial teeth with caps which r now fixed permanent. Now my upper three teeth and gums are getting black and also give bad smell. Its been happening me since 5-6 years back but I thought it might be because it is newly replaced but its still the same problem and everytime people asks me about my blackening of teeth. I also do not have visited any dentist since then. So what should I do please suggest. I also want to replace teeth with a new one, can it be possible?
Hello sir/maam mere bachpan se mouth me ulcer ho rahe hai phele lagta tha ki shayad garmi ki vaja se hai but mai last month se liver 52 or zevit roz teen time khati but fir se agye please tell me kya kru bhaut pain hota hai n mujhe tolet b roz ati hai.
I have some gum problem after bathing or after brush and I feel gum in my throat but not much what should I do to get rid of it.
Hi From childhood my upper two teeth are yellow Can it be white? What type of precaution and medicines to take? Please suggest.
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.