Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A Y PhadkeYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old. I have acidity problem. When I eating food than after in 5 to 10 mint I suffering to go to toilet. please solv my this problem.
Hi sir I have appendicitis what diet should I follow and taking treatment now. And how to prevent it.
Hello my name is amit kumar from abohar at punjab my problem is acidity brain pain at me so please say solution.
I am 30 years old. Recently I was diagonized with Erosive Gaestro Dudonitis. I was given HP Kit for 14 days. Then doctor prescribed me Mebex. After two dose of mebex the anal itching started. Before taking mebex I did not have anal itching. I again contacted doctor. He told me to take the second dose the next week. I took the second dose and the itching went away slowly. For 3 days I was alright. I again had the itching on the fourth day. BUt it was mild. How can I confirm if I had/have worms in my intestine.
Hi Doctors, My baby is 1 month 10 days old and suffering from gas problems doctor has suggested carmicide syrup regularly but I am reluctant to give it as well my granny suggests gripe water and says she has given to all of us Please advise what can I do.
I am aged 78, male suffering from IBS for the past 7 years. Some relief if I take sporlac DS tablets 1-1-1 daily. Can I take them. So far no side effects, after continuing it for more than 6 months. Can I take Wonder Pro or any other pre pro or any probiotic medicine? I am a diabetic with pills. Thanks.
Hi, actually my dad age of 50years suffering from severe abdominal pain, as the general doctors suggest we got to know that the percentage of serum amylase is more in pancreas. Can you please let me know in details how does this effect?
Hi, I am suffering from problem of vertigo. I have consult ENT he is saying it's BPPV. Firstly I was using vertin8 but. No results found. vertigo since 2 years. And it's like 24*7. vertigo is not like moving round but it's like little unbalanced whole day. Right now I am taking methylcobalamin, alpha lipoic acid, folic acid, thiamine mononitrate&pyridoxine hydrochloride capsule, also taking vitamins D3, chewable tablet 60, 000IU, anxipam-md, calcium carbonate with vitamins D3. Please requested to answer in brief. I am really in big trouble help me doctor. Those tablets I started 2 days. Earlier.
I want to get a Dietary for Gastritis problem. Not for my problem actually but for my sister in law who is severely suffering from Gastritis. She is 45 years old.
I am 53 years old (Male) & suffering from chronic appendicitis. Pl advise what medicine I will take so that it can be cured without surgery & same time what diet I will take?
I am 20 years and I suffer from severe abdominal pain during my menstruation. Suggest me some medicine.
I'm 6 months pregnant if I eat anything my chest wil burn nd start vomiting why is that and wat I should do?
The inflammation of your pancreas over a short period of time indicates acute pancreatitis, which is a serious health condition. You may experience symptoms such as severe abdomen pain all of a sudden, diarrhoea and feeling of being sick. Acute pancreatitis occurs when there are some problems with certain enzymes in the pancreas. This condition is often associated with gallstones and alcohol consumption.
Acute pancreatitis can be cured in a hospital, where you will get monitored for signs of serious issues. In some cases, supportive things like oxygen and fluids are required. Here are the various ways by which the condition can be treated:
1. Fluids: The body may get dehydrated during acute pancreatitis. Fluids are provided via a tube connected to one of the veins of the patient. This is known as intravenous or IV fluid. These fluids may help in the prevention of a problem called hypovolemic shock, which occurs when the amount of blood in your body gets lowered due to a drop in fluids.
2. Nutrition: Diet is usually not restricted for people with acute pancreatitis, but some patients are recommended not to consume solid food for some time. Attempting to digest solid food may cause a strain on the pancreas. You may need to avoid solid food for some days. You should use a feeding tube to get essential nutrients. This process is called enteral feeding and it may involve the insertion of a tube into your stomach via the nose.
3. Oxygen: For ensuring sufficient oxygen supply to your vital organs, you will be supplied with oxygen through the tubes on your nose. The tube may be removed when your condition improves. In some cases, ventilation equipment may be required for assistance to breathe.
4. Painkillers: Acute pancreatitis causes severe abdominal pain and strong painkillers such as morphine may be given to the patient. These may make the patient feel drowsy.
Treatment of underlying cause
After controlling the symptoms, the underlying cause must be treated. They are as follows:
1. Gallstone: When pancreatitis occurs because of a gallstone, you may require a process known as endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography or ERCP. The gallbladder may have to be removed, if necessary.
2. Alcohol consumption: After getting treated for acute pancreatitis and you have recovered from this condition, you should try to avoid alcohol completely. Alcohol may spoil your recovery and the condition might reoccur or the symptoms may reappear. For freedom from alcohol, you may try counselling, joining self-help groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or take a medicine which reduces your craving for alcohol.
It is recommended that you visit a doctor immediately after experiencing any slight or severe symptoms of acute pancreatitis. This will help in early diagnosis and the chances of the symptoms getting worse are prevented. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.