Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A Y PhadkeYour feedback matters!
I got Jaundice on 18 Nov when bilirubin was 5.10 and typhoid as the report says. Went to Doctor on 04th December as I wasn't feeling sick, it was just that my eyes was yellowish. On 4 the doctor took my blood samples and said I got Obstructive jaundice with total bilirubin showing 20.5, direct as 15.3, indirect 5.2 And also on the next day he advised me to do Ammonia test, Viral card test and sonography. The reports of sonography and ammonia was normal. On 7 my report of viral card came showing Anti HBe Antibody - Non Reactive (1.99) Anti HBs (total) - Reactive (484.48) Anti HCV Antibody - Non Reactive (0.084) HAV IgM antibody - Reactive (7.51) HBC IgM - Negative (0.0) HBC Total -Negative (2.26) HBE Antigen. -Non Reactive (0.329) Hepatitis Marker -Non Reactive (0.675) Profile. And showing total bilirubin 18.8 Direct as 12.17 and indirect as 12.17 After which the doctor said I had hepatitis A and B. And kept me admitted for a week so that my bilirubin decreases. After I got discharge at a bilirubin of 13.5 on 10th Dec and was advised to be in home with regular medicines and in a complete bed rest. He advise me to do MRCP test and consult to gastroenterology. Later I went on 29dec to a specialist and sonography and bilirubin showing 4.3 while normal in sonography. As the last reports of 28.01. 2016 the bilirubin was 1.5 and my other new doctor (gastroenteritis) says no need to do any more tests, like MRCP or any Hepatitis Test as said by him that I was having Hep A and not Hepatitis B At present moment, my weight is 52kg. I am Going to my college, should I need to worry about any of this Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B? Can I start eating healthy food with Masala, Meat, Eggs, Cheese, etc etc? Please answer precisely about appetite. Thank You Best Regards.
I have a gas trouble sir because I am suffering from ulcer what is the permanent solution for that is there any medicine available?
I am suffering from osmf Oral submucous fibrosis because I was taking gutkha and occasional cigarettes for 8 years now I left everything for good from 4th July 2015. But I get blood in my saliva sometimes if I talk too much for the whole day in my school and private tuitions I am taking colostrum capsules with dentist recommendation. My mouth opening is improving. Before I found it hard to even put my toothbrush. But now I can eat most other food stuff .however I also feel numbness in my throat and was having difficulty BREATHING last week. It's gone again. I follow strict oral regime. Take garlic and green tea in morning daily. Eats lots of veggies and fruits. Do I have a chance of oral cancer and what is the problem with me. I always feel gas is formed in my stomach. Thanks.
Gastric trouble, took Pantocid and Ciploxtz. Now vomiting, no gastric trouble. Pl suggest for vomiting issue.
I am 24 yr old male and I have a ulcer last 3 months. 3 month back I checked in hospital there Dr. Checked by endoscopy test and found ulcer. He said, take medicine for 2 months it will finished after 2 months but still there is no any improvement. Lot of pain in my stomach. Please Dr. What should I do tell me.
My mom is suffering from typhoid from more than 2 months and its havnt cured yet. She is suffering from headache (it havnt cured since 2 months it happens continuously), chest gets stuck & also constipation. Treatment has been done everyday as needed but no use. Glucose bottles are used many times to cure her low BP and blood test have been done 3 times. Doctor says it has been cured but my mom does not feel so. Regularly now suffering from continuous headache (feels like hitting something), stress, chest (feels like throat is dry) & digestion problem. Medicine given are as follows: 1st given: Lynoral Beplex Calciglow 2nd given: Cetsafe Vitagut Rabesec-D SR Calpol And now mom is using: Solopose 0.25 MD Pentafine-40 Cetirizine (Cetiriz) Please please suggest some nice medicines and house hold remedies to cure. Need some help. Its too serious, please help me out.
My Ultrasound reports show the following 1) 5.6mm calculus noted in the left ureter just proximal to vasico junction with proximal backpressure change. 2) 3mm calculus noted in middle calyx in left kidney 3) 4mm calculus noted in the middle calyx in right kidney, no hydronephrosis on right side Please advise
Detected with 3.7 mm stone in gallbladder , will it get dissolved automatically or any treatment or medicine required ?
I am suffering from un digestion and un comfortable stomach. Also the small part of anal is come outside. My fear is that this may converts as piles?
My mother (37 yrs) has a problem in motion passing. She finds a drop of blood during passing motion. Can you please tell me what is the problem and what can be done to cure it.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.