Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. A R KamathYour feedback matters!
I have a sinus problem am struggling for lot of days and also I had surgery also after that also I didn't found any differences.
Dear doctors, I am having two ears problem. While I am sleeping I get some sounds and forms some dust. It's a quite irritating and painful. Kindly suggest remind as I am un able to figure in hyderabad.
Hi. I am 28 years Old Female and for the last 2 months particularly when I keep my ears on my pillow while sleeping. Am getting some sound like . I am not sure what is this. And particularly facing this issue during NIGHT time sometimes in one ear and sometimes in both the ears. SO,my sleep is getting disturbed completely. Can you pls advice on this.
I am 23 years old male and having fever from last 2 weeks. It is coming down and again going up. Whenever I try to get up from the bed I feel like dizziness and everything becomes black in front of my eyes. I can not even get up and walk. What should I do? Chat Conversation End.
I am a 17 years old male and have tonsil problem for last 4 months. I take medicine but no effect. What should I do?
I'm having a thorat pain from last 4-5 days. Took a medicine also but its not working. Can anyone help me out with this? Whenever I swallow something it pains. Please suggest a good medicine.
I had a sudden itching and burning sensation in my ear last night which went away when I woke up this morning? What could be the reason for the same?
Tinnitus is a disorder which is characterized by a constant perception of a ringing noise in the ears. This is not the condition in itself, rather it signals some other underlying condition such as an ear injury or age related hearing loss. It is not a serious condition, although the symptoms can worsen with age. If you are affected by this disorder, you might experience or ‘hear’ a constant ringing sensation in the ears, even if there are no external sources of noise. These sounds could range from being a buzzing, ringing, to a hissing sound. This condition has mighty chances of interfering with your daily routine.
It is classified into two types:
- Objective tinnitus: This disorder is caused by muscle contractions or a blood vessel problem.
- Subjective tinnitus: The more commonly occurring type, it is caused by damage to the auditory nerves or regions of the brain that interpret sound.
The causes of this disorder are:
- Exposure to loud noise: If you are exposed to loud noises such as the ones emanating from firearms or heavy machinery over a prolonged period, it can lead to tinnitus.
- Aging: Aging can cause progressive loss of hearing, thus triggering tinnitus.
- Blockage of the ear: There is earwax present in the ears, the function of which is to trap dirt and bacteria. Excessive earwax accumulation leads to loss of hearing, resulting in tinnitus.
- Modifications of the ear bone: Any stiffening of the middle bone in the ear could impair your hearing and result in this condition.
Certain factors such as smoking, age, sex (men are prone to this disorder) and heart related disorders increase the risks of being affected by this condition.
The treatment of this condition begins with the identification of the underlying condition, if any. The various treatment options are –
- Removal of earwax: Excess earwax has gotten rid of which can relieve symptoms of tinnitus.
- Suppression of noise: Certain machines, known as white noise machines, produce random sounds such as the sound of rain or the sounds of waves, thus eliminating the ‘hearing’ of sounds which are common to this condition.
- Medications: Certain medications such as alprazolam and nortriptyline can help reduce the severity of the symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.