Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. A P GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old women. My daughter is 17 years old. She have regular periodic cycle. For past six months she is telling she is having bleeding with small clots. She is having stomach pain too (bearable pain only). She has bleeding as usual 3 to four days. Second third day she is having that clots. I am afraid because I had fibroid and removed Uterus three years back. Please tell me the cause and remedy for this problem. Is Fibroid is hereditary?
Hi Me and my boyfriend had dry sex around 20 days back. I was naked and he was in his under garments. He rubbed his penis on my vagina with underwear on. He did no ejaculate. But my vaginal fluid made his underwear a bit wet. Since that day I have been facing white discharge. It has reduced via meds but not stopped. Am I pregnant?
I am 24 years old married woman, married since 2 months. I went through a lot of ultrasounds last month. And finally being diagnosed with hemorrhagic cysts and pcod. I have been asked to take NOVELON tablet for 2 months. My main concern is pregnancy. I want to conceive. Will I be able to conceive once I am off this tablet. Will this cause any weight gain.
Hello, I want to ask about the menopause condition, what are the symptoms and what are the precautions?
Hello Sir/madam, My wife, she had periods last month, but now at this month she missed the menses and also it's been 20 days late. Why like this? There was no intercourse since last 2 months.
My female friend, 20 years old, had pain in his stomach. Some times she got periods without days, What will she do to get relief for this type of pain ?
Irregular periods ultrasound normal but high lh taking normoz since 5 months but still cycles are irregular.
I'm getting my mens on date but it stays only 1 or 2 days long it's too short time. I want to know what could be the reason and it is good or bad.
I am 28 years of female 2 years of married still I didn't get pregnancy I have mild thyroid will I get pregnancy please I need child please tel me.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.