Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. A P GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam. Im bit confuse. Some Dr. are allowed to have sex with pregnant wife and some are not. Coz my wife also is in her 2nd month. Some Dr. are advising to avoid sex on first 3 and last 2 months while some are saying its safe and ok. Its hard for me to control while im with her. Pliz help us with your valuable suggestion, so that I cam follow your advice and will be helpful for my wife and child.
She is married and has itchiness and redness problem near her inner vagina lips from where she pee (I. E itchiness on heart shape lips). Itchiness starts any time there is no connection with her sexual life. She used to treat it with dettol and warm water. But as it happens again and again she wants a a perfect solution. please suggest her a medicine or lotion or anything else which do not harm her.
I am 38 years old female with 162.5 cms ht and 65 kgs weight. actually I was slim with proper proportion in my structure. For the past 1 year I ride a two wheeler to my workplace. Off late I notice a sudden increase in my hip and butts and it looks like improper structure. I also have a bloated tummy. How do I regain my structure. Can not do workouts. Help me with some home remedies.
I am a newly married woman. I have love marriage but our sex life is not well. As I am facing prob while sex my uterus having sever pain while sex how can I come over it.
The human appendix which thought to be of little use to the body may actually serve as a reservoir for beneficial gut bacteria a new study has found. The appendix a narrow pouch that projects off the caecum in the digestive system has a notorious reputation for its tendency to become inflammed (appendicitis) often needing surgical removal as in the study found on mammal species that species with an appendix have higher average concentration of lymphoid (immune) tissue in the caecum, which can stimulate growth of some types of benefecial gut bacteria.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted.
Hello doctors i'm 32 weeks pregnant. I have a doubt. I have little white discharge. But there is no smell in fresh discharge and nor there is any smell in fresh urine but there is little smell when I smell my underwear after 7-8 hours. Does foul smell from discharge appears in the fresh only or after few hours. There is no itchiness nothing. Please reply. Is this UTI?
I have all test during pregnancy like blood sugar, chromosome analysis, karyotype, BP etc, but all test normal. I have not any problem like illness, BP, loose motion etc, during pregnancy. I have all right during pregnancy but in the seven month the Amniotic fluid found. Before seven month like 5 and half month I scan everything is all right but when I scan end of seven month Amniotic fluid found. I have go in PGI Chandigarh they are not found any reasons of this fluid. Please tell if I delivery before seven month it is safe for my child. I have already lost three child cause of Amniotic fluid. Please give me solution.
My wife is pregnant, and suffering from body weakness and doctor has told deficiency of Hb in Blood Report. Please have some fair ADVICE. THANKS.
The tiny mosquito can pose a lot of health issues. While malaria was the only dreaded disease until some time ago, the incidence of chikungunya is constantly on the rise. In fact, the nonspecific symptoms and absence of vaccination make it extremely difficult to prevent and diagnose this in the early stages.
Causes: First described in the African continent (Tanzania), the word chikungunya means “to walk bent over” in the Makonde or Kimakonde language. This appearance is because of the effect on bones, leading to severe bone and joint pains. More than 90% of the people who are bitten by the infected mosquito develop symptoms.
Chikungunya is a member of the Togaviridae family and is transmitted by bites of the infected female mosquito. In rare cases, the infection can spread through blood transfusions of the infected person.
After entering the bloodstream, it divides and multiplies rapidly in different types of cells including epithelial cells, endothelial cells, and connective tissue cells. These produce the symptoms including the rashes and the joint pains.
Symptoms: The challenge with chikungunya is that there is no specific, telltale symptom indicative of the condition. The patient develops nonspecific symptoms as below, somewhere between 4 to 7 days after the infected mosquito bite.
High fever (as high as 40 degrees Celsius)
Pain involving multiple joints which can be debilitating
Swelling around the joints
Though the disease is not fatal, it can be quite limiting. The fever and other symptoms may disappear within a week, but the joint pains can last up to 6 months to a year.
Diagnosis: A blood test is the most diagnostic test for confirming the disease. Dengue fever and Zika virus need to be ruled out, as their presentation is very similar.
Treatment: There is no definitive treatment for this condition and it is mostly symptomatic.
The patient is advised rest to recover from the fever and fatigue
Pushing fluids, including juices and electrolytes is recommended to prevent dehydration
Fever needs to be managed with antipyretic medications
Joint pains are managed with nonsteroidal painkillers
Avoid aspirin as it increases the tendency to bleed
Physiotherapy is recommended to improve severe bone/joint pains to improve mobility and reduce swelling
Check with your doctor to see if your regular medications need to be revisited
There is no vaccine to prevent chikungunya, though virus like particles that can be a potential vaccine are in the final stages of trials. Prevention of mosquito bites is also highly recommended as an important step in controlling the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am trying to conceive during follicular monitoring, I came to know that there is a syst in my left ovary. Is it safe if I will conceive? Doc is saying it is a dermoid . What should we do for removing it ?
It's been one month my eyes turn red and became swell, some times tears used to come and allot of cramps. And another problem is that I want to know how to minimise the cramps during periods (mensuration.)
My gf's periods stop on 18 nov. Nd we had sex on 25 nov. I ejaculated outside vagina but I have doubt that little drop of semen which is like pre ejaculated semen not so thick falls inside vagina (not sure). And from 27 she is feeling irritation and burning inside her vagina till now. I am afraid that may be she would get pragnet. please help sir.
Why do people/student torture animals- what drives them?
Can we analaysis and find solution: let try to stop this any more in our life
As we all aware that two animals cruelty incidents happened in tamilnadu, one with the dog and another with an monkey.
Case a, 12 yrs old kid hitting cat with broomstick, their parents brought for an counseling that he has not coutesy for animal and he was killing without any guilt.
Case b, 23 yrs adult was burning a rat alive with kerosine and feeling happy to see that rat die with burn.
And there are many cases which were not recorded and submitted for case discussion.
What typically possesses them to inflict such acts of intentional animal torture and cruelty?
These are because of psychological disorders (such as anti-social/psychopathic personality disorders and engage in deliberate acts of zoosadism), and/or because they have sexually paraphilic disorders (such as crush fetishism in which small animals are crushed for sexual pleasure).
This may be common behaviour among murderers and rapists - those with psychopathic traits characterized by impulsivity, selfishness, and lack of remorse.
Animal torture and cruelty is one of the three adolescent behaviours in what is often referred to the homicidal triad , the other two being persistent bedwetting and obsessive fire-setting. The combination of two or more of these three behaviours increases the risk of homicidal behaviour in adult life.
The behaviours in the homicidal triad are often associated with parental abuse, parental brutality (and witnessing domestic violence), and/or parental neglect.
What we can do:
The best way to prevent it is teaching by example. Parents and teachers are the key and plays very important role.
Pro-social behaviour (action/behaviours intended to help others) by parents and other role models towards animals, such as rescuing spiders in the bath, feeding birds/ants, treating pets as a member of the family,
Schools and colleges can have some pet home in the campus.
These activities or act has the potential to make a positive lasting impression on children.
It's a start, lets all have at least one pet in the home make your son/ daughter to take care of them (pet therapy).
Elayaraja m. Sc, m. Phil, pgdgc, pgdha
Kavithalyaa counseling centre, ambattur, chennai-53.