Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K VishwnathYour feedback matters!
I have 4 months child and she is suffering gas problem she cry please help me to solve this problem.
Hi doctor. I want to know what amount of pure almond oil can give a 3 year child, and what is the difference between maamra almond and normal almond. Please suggest me.?
Our teeth are most definitely, vital for our living. Our everyday choices, pertaining to our lifestyle would call for changes, adjustments and lots of sacrifices without them. Though, a number of replacement options are available for the people with missing teeth, the most recommended are dental implants. Ask why?
They are simply the ideal solution due to their look and feel, which is similar to the natural teeth.
What happens if replacement is not considered?
To prevent the nasty repercussions from occurring, it is necessary that any missing teeth are replaced in time. Though, the symptoms of problems due to missing teeth only appear to be superficial in the early stages, the long term effects may certainly prove to be quite severe.
Some of the short term consequences of missing teeth are as follows:
- People with missing teeth tend to feel self-conscious or even embarrassed at times, while they talk to others or smile.
- Problem in speech is a common issue that may arise due to tooth loss.
- When teeth are missing, people find it difficult to consume some certain food types. These may include ones which contain some essential nutrients, hence leading to possible malnutrition.
- Increased wear or stress can also lead to the weakening of the teeth that are remaining.
- People with tooth loss find it difficult to chew the food properly.
- When teeth are missing, there is movement of the teeth that remain, to compensate for the gap places created. This leads to ugly looking gap teeth.
Though, these were the short term issues, the major consequence of not getting any lost teeth replaced is the gradual bone loss. Our teeth are firmly embedded in the jaw bone. Chewing and biting are the constant uses, which are required by the jaw bone to remain hale and hearty as well as active. You may believe it or not, be it at the beginning or at the end; the major focus is not on the teeth, but on the bones.
Maintaining form as well as density of the bone requires regular stimulation, coming from the teeth, as mentioned above. The contact with teeth causes small stresses, which the periodontal ligament transmits to the bone and prompts its continual rebuilding as well as remodelling. When any missing teeth are not replaced, it leads to the gradual deterioration in the jaw bones, over time. This not only results in facial shape changes but also will eventually burn a huge hole in your pockets, as increased complications will also lead to increased costs required for rectifying the problems.
So, now it's up to you. Choose healthy and wise. Go for teeth replacement at the earliest, if and when, need arises.
Hello doctors, My baby girl is 4.5 month old she was having fever from 4 days so we visited doctor and he diagnosed her with diarrhea since she was passing v less urine and more watery stools. So doctor has prescribed zenflox 2.5 ml, entroflora, redotil sachet. And asked me to stop breastfeeding and start zerolac milk for her. I am not convinced to stop breast feeding since I have heard from all that breastfeeding ia the best medicine and contains antibodies for children to fight with infection. Please suggest.
My ten month old baby girl was prescribed with colizyme drops in Bangalore and now I am in my mom's home Coimbatore, tn. The medicine is not available here, can you please suggest equivalent medicine to this which will be available her.
Sir meri ek baby girl 2 month 16 day ki hai night me usko coughing jyada hui uska Dr. Sanjay jain [MBBS Dch] per treatment 18 /9/2016 se chal raha hai aur unhone use SOLVIN COL 15 DROPS subah sham aur TOXID DROPS 7 DROPS DIN ME 3 BAR PILANE KO KAHA HAI sir ye treatment sahi hai ya usko kisi other doctor ko dikhaoon coughing se relief ke liye me kya karoon.
My baby is 5 months 20 days old, I want to start solid to her. I want to know how much I should give her in a day at particular time.
I am 29 years two years back I had baby she had TO fistula she was operated but we can't save her so this can be happen in next pregnancy too of mine or this was just a bad luck of mine. Is there any anomaly scan to know internal problem of foetus.
Sir my question is mera ladka h jiski umar 6th month h. Wo kal sham se abi tak 7-8 pooty kr chuka h. Iska karan kya h or is ke liye medicine kya h.
My 3 years son is badly suffering from Stammering. He is not able to pronounce words clearly. I feel very upset to see my little ones suffering. Please suggest for the treatment. Note: I am his father, 30 years old, also suffering from stammering since my childhood. I won't face much problem in communicating with people around me.
Since yesterday due to the dehydration my son (17 months) is suffering with savior vomiting and motions. Can anybody tel me good treatment for this problem.
Hi. M having 2 months baby. After feeding though I give him a burp but even after that he spits milk, sometimes in large amount. Why?plz help.
My one year baby has suddenly not drinking milk why? and what I do for make her good health pls tell me.
My son 12 years of age, has lost total interest in his studies. We have tried to encourage him that if he does his h. W then we can send him to drawing classes. We had send him for 1 month. But now his exams are going on. His father had asked him that if he gets good marks then we can send him again but I think this doesn't makes him encouraging to do work or study. Also he is very aggesivemostly and doesn't want to listen anything. please help. What to do?
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.