Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A H ShaikhYour feedback matters!
What should I do to protect my skin and face from sun rays which affects my skin more. And what should I use for dry skin?
Sir, my wife age 50 having Blood ESR level 92 after 1 hour and having knee pain on both legs, please advice me on reducing painThanks.
My doctor has diagnosed me with having the medical condition called Ganglion. It is present on my wrist and on applying pressure to the area, there is a slight pain. The cyst is very small in size (Pea sized). What form of treatment would you recommend? And how soon can I return to engaging in physical activities such as gym and sports? Thank you for your advice and time.
I am 23 years old male, due to pimples my skin became reddish and some black marks on my face. How to remove those.
My mother is suffering from arthirtis for last 7 years. Some doctors have recommended for total knee replacement. Somce have said it should be cured through medicine. Also is it recommeded to do both legs knee replacement together or one at a time.
I'm so tired and low energy and fatigue all day and until I go to bed at night no matter if Im in bed for 12 hours no caffeine amounts help me. Should I try some new like red bull or monster. Does it sound like a sleeping disorder.
I take too much tension about anything and keep thinking about anything bad that happens with me. I can not forget the things that happen with me.
I`m 26 years old male and have hair loss for past two years. I have used lot of oil but no use. Please give me your suggestion.
Does glutathione injections for skin whitening are effective enough n what is the average time to achieve pinkish white skin tone from pale wheatish complexion. Does it cause any long term side effects.
My hairs fall a lot I have tried many things many products to stop but with no result. What should I do?
Sir I have got acne inside my ear on the inner ear bone. Very painful. Got swelling inside and outside ear. Even I am feeling difficulty in chewing food. Taken medicine Tab. Oflox-oz 500mg & Ocacet with ciplox-d ear drops For 3 days Shall I continue with the medicine. What to do? please advice me.
I am 35 years old and suffering from frequent urinary problem I always eager to urine even after one minute. I have done all test every thing is ok so please suggest what to do.
I have been suffering from cold and fever since a week now and my situation has not improve at all till now, what shall I do?
I am healthy. But my face is getting too thin for the past 4 months. What could be the possible reasons? What can I do to overcome it?
I feel more sleep what I do. And during sex I just get relax so fast. My partner to get satisfaction.
There would only be a handful of people who are happy with the way their skin looks. While acne and pimples are the concerns at a younger age, but with age the concerns shift to dark circles and pigmentation. Both light and dark pigments become worrisome, and one continuously looks for ways to manage them.
The skin has a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for the color; more the melanin component, darker the skin complexion. This can either decrease or increase and can affect people of any age or gender. Whether or not you will be a victim of pigmentation depends on genetics, sun exposure, skin care regime, hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy), stress levels and hormonal changes. While hyperpigmentation is very common with old age, hypopigmentation is not very normal and it is advisable to seek medical attention to rule out more serious underlying diseases. The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Lentigo: It is also known as multiple freckles, if caused exclusively due to sun exposure, it is called solar lentigines or dark spots or age spots.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy.
- Minimizing sun damage is the first and most important step in reducing onset and severity of pigmentation. Use a sunscreen that at least has an SPF of 15 regularly. It is not just on sunny days that the sun causes damage. If you are heading out (even cloudy days), it means the sun can damage you. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible if you know you are prone to pigmentation.
- Regular use of scrubs and exfoliators ensures the buildup of dead cells is removed, which itself leads to hyperpigmentation in many people. For dry or sensitive skin, exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week. For oily skin, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Try to avoid scrubs on acne as the abrasive effect can worsen the condition.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation:
Pigmentation issues run in the family and if your mother and grandmother had it, it is very likely you are prone for hyperpigmentation too. In these cases, aggressive skin care routine can help improve appearance. Ensure that the skin care products used contain at least an SPF of 15 and other active ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). The glycolic and lactic acids are examples of AHAs, which aid in removing dead cells that form on the skin. This produces a clearer skin with lesser discoloration. Vitamin C and E and kojic acid are also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. Other dermatological treatments-
- Chemical Peels: Chemical Peels are a more intensive treatment used in cases of more persistent pigmentation or to hasten the lightening effects of the topical prescription products. Peels work by exfoliating the upper-most layer of your skin and the dark area with it. There are many different types of peels and they are usually solutions that the dermatologist applies to the skin.
- Medication: Topical treatments such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, GA, and trichloroacetic acid. Skin whitening products are used for clinical treatment of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
In addition to these, ensure you eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay hydrated, reduce sun exposure, and you surely will have be able to deal with pigmentation.