Doctor in Sumangal Hospital
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Sumangal HospitalYour feedback matters!
Sciatica is pain in the lower back or hip that radiates down into the buttock and back of the leg along the sciatic nerve, often to the foot.
How to avoid Sciatica?
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Keep your back muscles strong.
- Stretch your muscles.
- Focus on good posture.
- Lift properly.
- Leave your purse at home.
- Practice stress relief for back pain relief.
- Sleep well.
Word arthritis comes from the Greek arthronmeaning “joint” and the Latin itis meaning “inflammation.” Arthritis affects the musculoskeletal system, specifically the joints. It is the main cause of disability among people above 55 years of age in industrialized countries.
Arthritis is not a single disease – it is an umbrella term that covers more than 100 medical conditions. Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis and generally affects elderly patients. Some forms of arthritis can affect people at a much younger age.
OSTEOARTHRITIS – usually occurs with age, as cartilage loses elasticity. Risk factors include: old age; joint injury; poorly formed joints; excessive weight; genetic defects; stress on the joints from certain jobs or sports.The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse as time goes by. The most common affected joints are in the hips, hands, knees and spine. The joint become stiff sometimes swollen and loses its flexibility, especially first thing in the morning.
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS – is an inflammatory form of arthritis. The synovial membrane (synovium) is attacked, resulting in swelling and pain. If left untreated the arthritis can lead to deformity.
Among the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis are swollen, inflamed, stiff and painful joints. The fingers, arms, legs and wrists are most commonly affected. Symptoms are usually worse on waking in the morning but get better half an hour later. Weight loss is common.
INFECTIOUS ARTHRITIS (septic arthritic) – is an infection in the synovial fluid and tissues of a joint. It is usually caused by bacteria, but could also be caused by fungi or viruses.
Symptoms of infectious arthritis include fever, joint inflammation and swelling. Tenderness with joint pain is always noticeable. Usually symptoms are linked to injuries or other illnesses.
JUVENILE RHEUMATOID ARTHRTIS (JRA) – means arthritis that affects a person aged 16 or under.
JRA can manifest in any of three ways:
1. Pauciarticular JRA, the most common and mildest. The child experiences pain in up to four joints.
2. Polyarticular JRA affects more joints and is more severe. As time goes by, it tends to get worse.
3. Systemic JRA is the least common. Pain is experienced in many joints. It can spread to organs. This can be the most serious JRA.
Sufferers of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis are often children with poor appetite, weight loss, anemia, and intermittent fever.
As one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine, homeopathy is a safe and permanent way of eliminating arthritis. A remedy is chosen based on the theory of individualization and symptom similarity. In this way, a state of complete health can be regained, removing all the signs and symptoms from which a patient is suffering.
Below is a list of acute arthritis remedies, along with a description of the disease they treat. Keep in mind that these remedies may only act as immediate palliatives and will not permanently cure arthritis unless they are a constitutional match for the patient.
Bryonia alba – Excellent arthritis remedy for pain with inflammation that is aggravated by movement and relieved by moderate pressure and rest.
Ledum – Remarkable arthritis remedy for gout and ascending rheumatism. Works best by cold application.
Rhus Tox – For pain aggravated by first movement and damp weather and made better by continuous motion.
Colchicum – For pain made worse by motion, touch or mental effort, better by warmth and rest. Mostly for gouty pain.
Kalmia – Well known arthritis remedy for descending pain, or pain with heart palpitation and slow pulse.
Guaiacum – For gouty abscesses of joints, and pain relieved by cold bath and cold application.
Calcarea Carb – For arthritic swelling and knee pain made worse by cold, especially in fleshy people.
Benzoic acid – For gouty concretions of joints, and knee pain caused by abnormal deposition of uric acid.
Hypericum – Remarkable arthritis remedy for rheumatoid arthritis; has outstanding action over nerve pain.
Dislocation refers to an injury, which causes the bones to abnormally separate from each other in the joint, which is the meeting place of the bones. Dislocation causes intense pain and is most common in the fingers, shoulders and the elbows. Although a timely diagnosis can make your pain go away, any future injury in the tendons or the ligaments might bring back the injury.
What can cause a dislocation?
The causes of dislocation are as follows:
- A body joint can get dislocated if you have suffered a fall.
- If you are into any form of sports that requires strenuous physical activity and intense exertion on certain body parts like gymnastics, football or volleyball you have a chance of suffering from dislocated body joints.
- Automobile accidents can also cause dislocation of joints.
- Some People who are with a loose ligament and are more likely to get a dislocated joint than other people. This may happen without the influence of a major physical trauma or stress.
Understanding the signs and symptoms
In the majority of the cases, a dislocation of the joint is easily detectable as it induces inflammation along with redness and deformation of the affected area. Some of the other symptoms that might occur as a result of the dislocation of the body joints could be:
- You might experience severe pain while moving the dislocated joint.
- There will be a lack of sensation near the dislocated portion.
- There might be a stinging sensation in the dislocated area.
- In certain areas you may not be able to move the joint at all
If you have a dislocated joint, the doctors can easily relocate them. Depending on the amount of swelling and pain you are experiencing, the doctor might administer local anesthesia during the process. If the joint dislocation is too severe or has multiple instances of dislocation, then you may have to undergo surgery. Surgery may also be suggested if the adjoined ligaments or tendons are severely affected along with the joints.
A broken nose is any crack or fracture in the bony portion of the nose. This is usually a result of external trauma.
Nasal fractures are often cited as the most common type of facial fracture, accounting for approximately half of all facial fractures in several studies.
Broken Nose Causes:
Common sources of trauma include the following:
Motor vehicle accidents
In children, nasal fractures are most commonly due to falls.
Broken Nose Symptoms:
Tenderness when touching the nose
Swelling of the nose or face
cb62a0a737ca99848352aeea091353aaDeformity of the nose (crooked nose)
Pain and difficulty breathing out of the nostrils
Sir, I have suffering from right side hip pain from 1 week. The right side hip muscle getting tight .I feel comfortable to sit But I feel painful for sleep time and walking time. What I should do .plz suggest me.
Yesterday while lifting a 7 years old kid, suddenly I developed pain in my lower back. Now it's too severe. I can't even bend my back as it pains a lot. I tried heat therapy, applied various ointments and too paracetamol. But the pain is as it is. What shall had happened? How to reduce and eliminate the pain?
I am suffering from left hip pain. So what are the precautions I have to take. Is there any medicines to cure this?
I have been jacking since last month past one week onwards I feel severe pain in my hip could not able to bend kindly suggest me which medicine is better to me.
Today I jumped accidentally from the 4-5 stairs in hurry, and its too much pressure on half front feet side. Its almost 12 hours but still paining. Do I need to consult doctor or wait it will okay with in some day?
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!