Doctor in SMC Medical Center
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for SMC Medical CenterYour feedback matters!
It is strange when I think back to the day when my friend recommended me to go for hypnotherapy. It took all my courage to pick the phone up and call you but I’m so glad I did. I always dwelled on everything and imagined the worst. I spent more time than I care to admit wondering “what if” and never really doing anything. When I look back now I am amazed at how much my hypnotherapy sessions with Dr. Deepali have helped me. From our first meeting, you made me feel at ease and very relaxed and comfortable. She explained everything and by the end of that first meeting I knew she really cared about ME. Deepali is so easy to talk to and within minutes I felt I could trust her. These days I am so much more laid back. I have so much more confidence and I laugh – a lot! My family and my friends have all commented on how different they think I am now. Thank you so much Deepali. You are a gem of a person.
Excellent therapist. I had a really healing experience.
I am diagnosed as case of atypical depression. From past few years I was not in mood of starting antidepressant medications. So after being seeing positive reviews of people on the internet and support from Lybrate doctors. Finally I got convinced to start medications. So started on tab. bupropion. Even I have seen some reviews on the internet where people are on antidepressants from several years. If antidepressants really works then why people are on antidepressants for years. Is it dependence or wht? I really don't want to knock with someone which will really make me addicted for lifetime.
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.
Everyday when I wake up in the morning, even after taking bath I feel sleepy for 3 or 4 hour. How to avoid it. please suggest.
I always think about a girl because of this I cannot concentrate on my studies. I know this is not a disease. Can you please tell me how can I concentrate on my studies.
Conversion disorder is a psychological disorder in which psychological conflicts get converted into physical symptoms.
The disease is also referred to as a functional neurological symptom disorder. In most cases, this disorder has an impact on your ability to move, your senses, vision, hearing capacity and ability to swallow.
The main cause behind the onset of a conversion disorder is generally a sudden traumatic event (real or imagined). This may also happen due to an emotional conflict or any other mental health disorder, which directly or indirectly affects your brain in an undesirable manner.
Though the exact factors which cause the disease are still unknown, it has been proved by medical researchers that the disorder affects that part of the brain which controls the majority of the senses, muscles, and nerves.
The symptoms of this condition may usually appear immediately after a traumatic event, be it physical or psychological. Some of the most common symptoms of this disorder are listed below.
- Weakness or paralysis of a body part
- Loss of body balance
- Moments of unresponsiveness
- Abnormal, sudden and abrupt body movements such as tremors
- Swallowing problems such as lump in the throat
Some of the symptoms of this disorder might also affect the sensory organs, which include:
- Abnormal numbness of the body
- Speech related problems or inability to speak (psychological mutism)
- Vision related problems such as psychological blindness
- Hearing problems and difficulties