Doctor in Shushrusha Hospital
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Shushrusha HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hii I want to know the basic cost involved in laser treatment for facial scars and the duration of time also.
Hello, From last one year or two, my lips get dry & darken continuously. Almost after 5 minutes after washing, they again start getting dry. I never smoke or take any kind of drug. It is getting really irritating for me. Please can anyone help me as to what should I do to riddoff from it.
I got pimples nd I applied clear gel on it Just tell me it is good or not. Clear gel is gud. For pimples nd how much time I get rid of it.
Strong, healthy and lustrous hair acts as a natural ornament, adding an extra spark to one's personality. Women, particularly, are very possessive about their tresses. They try every effective hair care routine and remedy to maintain their hair. Unfortunately, at times, certain factors can trigger hair problems. For young adults, the problem can be highly demoralizing and depressing. In extreme cases and left with no other options, people opt for the various hair replacement procedures such as Hair Transplant, Hair Weaving, PRP, to name a few. In this article, we will mention the various factors that act as contributing factors triggering a hair replacement.
Conditions That Trigger Hair Replacement
On an average, it is normal for a person to lose between 50-100 hair strands daily. The problem starts when the hair loss exceeds 150 (often 200-250) with very little hair regrowth. With time and if left untreated, the condition worsens with the thinning of the scalp. Soon after baldness sets in (complete, partial or in patches). Men and women may both be equally affected by the condition. Mentioned below are some of the common reasons that result in hair fall, hair thinning and baldness.
Genetics: A term Androgenic Alopecia is often used to describe the severe hair loss in young adults (both the sexes), with the hereditary or genetic condition being the main wrecker in chief. In men, a condition called Male pattern baldness (some even in their early 20's) is characterized by hair loss and baldness mainly from the front part of the scalp and the crown. In women (female pattern baldness), the condition can result in severe hair loss from the crown and the overall thinning of the scalp. However, in most women, the visible signs appear after 40.
The hair loss can also be a part of the normal aging process, a condition medically termed as Involutional Alopecia.
The hair growth cycle consists of three stages-
- Anagen, a phase where there is active hair growth.
- Catagen, a phase characterized by transitional hair growth.
- Telogen, a phase when the shedding of hair takes place.
In some people, there may be a condition known as Telogen effluvium.This condition is characterized by an increased hair fall in the resting phase resulting in temporary thinning of the scalp.
- In some people, the hair loss can also be triggered by Alopecia Universalis, a condition where a person starts losing all the body hair at an alarming rate.
- Few young adults and children may rapidly start losing hair in patches (Alopecia areata). Over time, the condition may progress into Alopecia Totalis resulting in total baldness. However, the good news is, in most people the condition is reversible.
- Certain inflammatory disorders such as acne, folliculitis, lichen planus, to name a few (scarring alopecia), can result in permanent hair loss due to the inability of the hair to undergo regeneration. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I have a problem of hair fall and fungal infection on my scalp due to which I was facing severe dandruff and may be the hair fall was due to the infection itself. So recently I consulted a dermatologist in my place. He prescribed me with fungicide tablets for 10 days, ketoconazole lotion, mino qilib 5 twice a day for 2 months and dutawon tablets also for 2 months. Sir I am worried that if I stop using mino qilib 5 after 2 months then will I have severe hairloss after that. I have read this in many sites so I am worried a lot. I have been using this for almost a week now. Please help me. I don't want to lose all my hair as they are not that bad right now.
With the constantly changing environment, too many people are sensitive to various things. Allergy is when the body produces what are known to as antibodies to substances that it is not able to consider as own. The substances which cause this reaction are known as allergens. A person can have allergies due to various substances, and the list is only growing. From food substances to metals used in jewelry to pollen to animal dander to medications, various things can cause allergies.
Ayurveda believes that good health is a result of a balance between the three doshas or elements – vata, pitta, and Kapha. According to it, allergies are caused by different items which can increase any of these. The type of allergy a person develops would depend on the person’s overall constitution, depending on what predominates in his system.
- Vaata-increasing allergens: These cause symptoms in the digestive and respiratory tract (related to gas) and include pollen allergy, uncooked meat allergy, etc.
- Pitta-increasing allergens which cause hives and rashes include citrus fruits, jewelry metal, eggplant, etc.
- Kapha-increasing allergens often affect the mucous membranes and include pollen and dairy products. These include asthma, hay fever, sinusitis, etc.
If the imbalance is what causes the problem, Ayurveda believes that restoring the balance is the key to restoring health to normalcy. This requires bringing back the balance between the three doshas.
Ayurveda believes that allergies should be treated in a multi-pronged manner, starting from avoiding the allergen to cleansing the body as a whole. Read on to know more.
- Avoid the allergen: Whether it is peanuts or pollen, nickel or milk, once the allergen is identified, the person should try to avoid exposure to the allergen. This is the most important step in preventing an allergic reaction.
- Balancing the diet: As diet imbalances lead to an imbalance in the doshas, the diet needs to ensure the dosha is not aggravated further. A person who has pitta-increasing allergies should avoid foods which increase the pitta further. The doctor will be able to help in guidance on this. This also talks about food combinations, both to avoid and to encourage.
- Cleansing the system: Periodically cleansing the body helps in improving immunity, which then can help in fighting the diseases on its own. Therefore, fasting, juice cleansing, and mono-diet are some preferred ways to cleanse the body. This again needs to be done under supervision.
- Stress management: It has been shown that allergies are aggravated by stress, so it is very important to manage stress. This could be through various techniques like pranayama (breathing exercises), music, meditation, exercise, etc.
- Ayurvedic products like Triphala, Ashwagandha, and Chyawanprash are known to improve immune and very useful in controlling allergies. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 24 I have my white hair is there any medicine by which my white hair can be black after using any medicine or any remedy. And I want to know which hair oil and shampoo is good as my hair is becoming white and having dandruff.
As you grow older, so does your skin. With age, wrinkles, fine lines and a plethora of other skin problems become all too common. However, the good news is that aging is a problem that can be arrested.
Yes, when you want to go beyond anti-aging skin creams, your dermatologist has some impressive tools for treating large pores, wrinkles, sagging skin, stretch marks, and more. Here are 7 popular anti-aging dermatological treatments:
Cosmetic Surgery: The most common and popular way to arrest aging is through cosmetic surgery. Brow lifts, neck lifts and facelifts are the most popular surgical treatments to reduce signs of aging. You can opt for a single procedure, or you can choose to undergo a combination of procedures to treat your aging skin.
Retinoid Creams: Extracted from vitamin A, retinol contains extraordinary anti-aging components. The best thing about retinoid is, you can get it as facial creams at cosmetic shops, or get your dermatologists to prescribe it if you require a stronger application.
Filler Injections: Dermal fillers are injected under the external layer of skin to fill in wrinkles and lines. Fillers also add dimension to your face. Previously silicone fillers were very popular; nowadays dermatologists prefer hyaluronic acid fillers.
Peptide Creams: Peptides are an excellent dermatological treatment for lessening wrinkles and fine lines. Peptides are short links of amino acids. Peptides augment renewed production of collagen that you lose as grow older. Like retinoid creams, you can avail them at shops and dermatology clinics.
Botox: Otherwise known as Botulinum toxin, it freezes skin muscles when injected under your skin. This smooths out the lines or wrinkles on your face. Botox injections are best done by professionals, so consult your dermatologists before undergoing the procedure.
Microdermabrasion: This is a popular derma treatment to remove fine lines. Microdermabrasion boosts new skin growth by using fine particles to exfoliate skin to remove superficial wrinkles or lines.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This treatment uses high-intensity light to remove wrinkles. The light improves skin elasticity, making it firmer and youthful-looking. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!