Doctor in Shree Shivkalp Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Shree Shivkalp ClinicYour feedback matters!
कई बार ऐसा होता है कि पैर की मोटाई सामान्य से ज्यादा हो जाती है इसे ही सामान्य भाषा में 'सूजन' कहा जाता है. ऐसा हमारे शरीर में कुछ उतकों में असामान्य रूप से द्रव इकट्ठा होने के कारण हो जाता है. ये द्रव त्वचा के निचले भाग में भी इकट्ठा हो सकता है. आमतौर पर यह टांगों में ही होता है. पैरों के सूजन, जिसको पीडल इडिमा कहा जाता है, एक सामान्य समस्या है. हालांकि इसमें अक्सर दर्द नहीं होता, लेकिन यह कई बार कष्टदायी हो सकता है और रोजाना की गतिविधियों में रुकावटें डाल सकता है. यह रक्त संचार प्रणाली, लिम्फ नोड्स, या गुर्दों से संबधित समस्याओं का संकेत हो सकता है. वृद्ध् या गर्भवती महिलाओं में यह समस्या काफी आम होती है. सूजन पैरों को हिलाने में कठिनाई पैदा कर सकती है, क्योंकि आपके पैर सुन पड़ जाते हैं. आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से पैरों में होने वाले सूजन को दूर करने के लिए कुछ उपाय जानें.
1. पैरों को हिलायें-डुलायें
शरीर का जो भाग सूजा हुआ है, उसे हिलाएं, जैसे कि टांगें. ऐसा करने से उनमें जमा हुआ रक्त वापस हृदय की तरफ जाने लगता है और इससे सूजन में आराम मिलता है.
2. प्रभावित हिस्से को ऊंचाई पर रखना
दिन में कुछ समय सूजन प्रभावित हिस्सें को ह्रदय (हार्ट) के स्तर से थोड़ी ऊंचाई वाले स्थान पर रखें. इसके साथ ही कुछ मामलों में सोते समय प्रभावित हिस्से को दिल से ऊंचाई पर रखना काफी मददगार होता है.
3. मसाज या मालिश
इसमें प्रभावित स्थान को दिल की तरफ जाने वाली रक्त की गति में सहलाना होता है, लेकिन इसे ज्यादा दबाव के साथ नहीं बल्कि आराम करना चाहिए. इसकी मदद से जमा हुए द्रव को उस जगह से हटाने में मदद मिलती है.
4. दबाव देना
जिस अंग में सूजन हो उसको दबाए रखने के लिए जुराब, मोजे, दस्ताने या स्लीव आदि पहनें. क्योंकि आम तौर पर इनको पहनने से सूजन कम होने में मदद मिलती है एवं ये सूजन को और आगे बढ़ने से रोकते हैं. इसके साथ ही साथ ये प्रभावित त्वचा के उतकों में द्रव को एकत्रित होने से रोकते हैं.
सूजन प्रभावित क्षेत्र को साफ, मॉइस्चराइज और किसी भी प्रकार की चोट से मुक्त रखें. क्योकिं सूखी और फटी त्वचा में पपड़ी और संक्रमण की ज्यादा संभावना रहती है. इसलिए अपने पैर में हमेशा सुरक्षात्मक चीजें पहनें रखें, खासकर जिस जगह पर सूजन है.
6. नमक का सेवन कम करें
जब भी आपके पैरों में सूजन की समस्या उत्पन्न हो तो आपको नामक का सेवन कम से कम करना चाहिए. इसका कारण ये है कि नमक द्रव के एकत्रित होने की गति को बढ़ाता है, और सूजन को बढ़ाता है.
7. नियमित रूप से व्यायाम करें
चलना और शारीरिक व्यायाम मांसपेशियों की पंप क्रिया में सुधार करती है और पैर की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत बनाती है. एडिमा के मरीजों को सलाह दी जाती है कि खड़े होने की अवस्था के दौरान अपने शरीर के वजन को पैर के पंजों, एड़ियों तथा उंगलियों पर बराबर बदलते रहना चाहिए.
8. वजन कम करें
यदि आपका शरीर भारी है तो पैरों पर ज्यादा दबाव पड़ता है. इसलिए आपको शरीर का वजन कम करना चाहिए. जिससे कि पैरों शरीर का दबाव कम करता है, जिससे सूजन जैसी समस्याएं भी कम हो जाती हैं.
पैरों में सूजन होने पर ये न करें
अत्याधिक देर तक बैठे या खड़े ना रहें. यात्रा के दौरान खड़े होते रहें और थोड़ा बहुत चलते रहें. अत्याधिक तापमान से टांगों को बचाएं, जैसे बहुत गर्म पानी में नहाना आदि. ठंडे मौसम में गर्म कपड़े पहन कर रखें. मरीज को दिन में कई बार लेटना चाहिए. जब लेटे हों तब अपनी टांगों को हृदय से उपर रखें तथा घुटनों को हल्का मोड़ कर रखें.
गर्भावस्था के दौरान महिलाएं कई तरह के शारीरिक बदलाव से गुजरती हैं. कई परिवर्तन काफी कष्टप्रद होते हैं. इस दौरान 18 से 24 सप्ताह के बीच पेट में दर्द गर्भाशय की अस्थियों में खिंचाव के कारण होता है. ये अस्थियां मूल रूप से दो ऊतकों के रूप में होती हैं जो आपके गर्भाशय को स्थिर रखती हैं. वे गर्भाशय और भ्रूण के बढ़ने के साथ खिंचते हैं. ये अधिकतर पेट के एक तरफ होता है और कभी कभी दोनों तरफ भी होता है. यह किसी ऐसी गतिविधि के फलस्वरूप हो सकता है जो जिनमें ये खिंचती हैं. जैसे खांसना, छींकना, हंसना या अचानक खड़े होने आदि पर यह हो सकता है. जब आप पहली बार दर्द महसूस करते हैं तो यह थोड़ा चिंताजनक हो सकता है. लेकिन यह पूरी तरह से सामान्य है और आमतौर पर इसके बारे में चिंतित होने की आवश्यकता नहीं है. हालांकि अगर दर्द कुछ सेकंड से अधिक समय तक रहता है तो डॉक्टर से संपर्क करना चाहिए. आइए इस लेख में इसे ठीक से समझें.
बाईं ओर पेट के निचले हिस्से (पेड़ू) में दर्द
गर्भावस्था के दौरान पेट दर्द आपके गर्भाशय और उसे स्थिरता प्रदान करने वाली अस्थियों के खिंचने के कारण होता है. भ्रूण के बढ़ने के साथ गर्भाशय की आंतरिक दीवार पर तनाव पड़ता है. आम तौर पर दूसरी तिमाही के दौरान पेट में दोनों तरफ दर्द हो सकता है. यदि दर्द बायीं तरफ हो रहा है तो ऐसा आपके गर्भाशय के थोड़ा सा दायीं ओर झुकने के कारण होता है. कभी कभी दायीं तरफ की अस्थियों को आराम देने के लिए बायीं ओर की अस्थियों में खिंचाव होता है. इस दर्द के सम्बन्ध में चिकित्सक से बात करें. इससे छुटकारा पाने के लिए वो आपको पेल्विक व्यायाम या कोई अन्य इलाज बता सकते हैं.
दुर्लभ मामलों में, गर्भावस्था के दौरान गंभीर समस्या के कारण भी पेट में बायीं तरफ दर्द हो सकता है. उदाहरण के लिए, यदि भ्रूण बाएं फेलोपियन ट्यूब में असामान्य रूप से आरोपित हुआ है जिसे एक्टोपिक गर्भावस्था कहते हैं तो इस कारण भी बायीं तरफ दर्द हो सकता है. हालांकि कुछ महिलाओं को गर्भावस्था के प्रारंभिक सप्ताह में कोई लक्षण अनुभव नहीं होते. एक्टोपिक गर्भधारण में यदि फैलोपियन ट्यूब फट जाये तो यह मां और बच्चे दोनों के जीवन को खतरे में डालने वाली स्थिति हो सकती है. हालांकि गर्भावस्था के प्रारम्भ में ही इसका अल्ट्रासाउंड परीक्षण द्वारा निदान हो जाता है और सर्जरी द्वारा इसका इलाज होता है. अन्य संभावित गंभीर स्थितियां जो बायीं तरफ पेट के दर्द का कारण हो सकती हैं, उनमें प्रारंभिक या समय से पूर्व प्रसव, मिस्कैरेज, किडनी में पथरी और कुछ संक्रमण प्रमुख हैं.
यदि आप गर्भावस्था के दौरान बाएं तरफा पेट के दर्द से ग्रस्त हैं तो संभावित कारण और उपचार जानने के लिए डॉक्टर से अवश्य बात करें. हालांकि हल्के दर्द का अनुभव होना अच्छा होता है क्योंकि इसका मतलब है कि आपकी गर्भावस्था सामान्य तरीके से बढ़ रही है. अगर दर्द गंभीर है या बुखार, रक्तस्राव या अन्य लक्षण महसूस हो रहे हैं तो तुरंत चिकित्सक से संपर्क करें.
पेट के ऊपरी हिस्से में दर्द
यह ज़रूरी नहीं कि गर्भावस्था के दौरान दर्द महसूस होना हमेशा गंभीर रोग का ही संकेत हो, कभी कभी दर्द सामान्य गर्भावस्था का संकेत भी होता है. हालांकि पेट में दर्द गर्भाशय की अस्थियों के खिंचाव के कारण ही होता है लेकिन कभी कभी यह दर्द कुछ अन्य कारणों जैसे - पेट में सूजन पेट में गैस, डायरिया, कब्ज वास्तव में गर्भवती महिलाओं को अपनी समस्याओं का समाधान स्वयं करने की कोशिश नहीं करनी चाहिए. साथ ही गर्भावस्था के दौरान उचित समयांतराल पर डॉक्टर से चेकअप कराते रहना चाहिए.
गर्भावस्था के दौरान ऊपरी पेट दर्द हमेशा, पेट में सूजन या वृद्धि होने के कारण नहीं होता है. कभी कभी यह निम्नलिखित गंभीर रोगों का भी संकेत हो सकता है. गर्भावस्था के दौरान इनमें से प्रत्येक रोग गंभीर होता है और यदि इनका इलाज नहीं किया गया तो परिणाम जानलेवा हो सकते हैं. प्री-एक्लेमप्सिया - महिला का ब्लड प्रैशर घातक रूप से बढ़ जाता है.
The very thought of injury to the brain itself is traumatizing. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) refers to destruction or damage of brain tissues because of a car crash, sudden fall, assault, gunshot wound, etc. Brain damage occurs due to a blow to the injured person's head, which whips the head backward and forward or from one side to the other. In a car crash, specific areas like the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain seem to get damaged. Many individuals wish to know about post brain injury effects as they hold a certain misconception about this particular matter.
Be aware of what can be expected post a brain injury
Two kinds of effects are usually observed immediately after a TBI. The tissues of the injured individual's brain might react to trauma as well as lead to tissue damage along with a comprehensive series of physiological and biochemical responses. Certain things that were once safely housed in the cells might flood the brain after injury. Such process results in further destroying and damaging of brain cells and is termed as secondary cell death.
The other type of effect is actually noticed in the injured person's functioning. People with extremely severe injuries may lose consciousness during the period of trauma. The state of unconsciousness might last from a fraction of minutes to many weeks or several months. Lengthy loss of consciousness is better known as coma. Negative respiration changes and motor functions may also be produced just after few days of the trauma. Individuals with severe injuries may never regain consciousness, but others who will come to the conscious state may undergo certain neurologically-based signs like aggression, irritability, etc.
Just after few weeks of a brain injury, the healthy functioning of brain tissues are slightly affected due to bleeding, swelling as well as a change in brain chemistry. The eyes of an injured person might stay closed post injury, and he or she may not exhibit any positive signals of awareness. Slowly, with the decrease of swelling as well as blood flow along with an improvement of brain chemistry, the functioning of the brain tends to improve gradually.
Also, with proper treatment, the injured individual might seem to open his eyes slowly. Besides this, a sleep and wake cycle might also begin, and he or she may start to follow commands,provide a response to the members of the family and speak.
In certain cases, a person may also enter into the minimally conscious state. This means he or she will stay partially conscious and also understand the source of visual and sound stimulation. Such a person can show signs of vocalization at times as well as an outburst of emotions. Later, during recovery stages, an individual can also develop various physical and brain functions, and may regain the ability to respond gradually.
Obesity surgery is more commonly referred to as bariatric surgery. It is a surgery done on the stomach and/or intestines of a person with morbid obesity so that he or she loses weight. It is believed that as of now, bariatric surgery is the only option that almost always works to help overly obese people lose a lot of weight, which automatically makes the associated chronic conditions vanish.
How does this surgery work? Bariatric surgery works by changing the anatomy of the stomach and the digestive system (gastrointestinal tract) or by causing different physiologic changes in the body, which in turn changes the energy balance and fat metabolism. Technically, eating fewer calories than they are burned by the body, results in gradual and long-lasting weight loss. Bariatric surgery is the best option for people who have a body mass index (BMI) above 40. It can also be recommended for people with a BMI in between 35 and 40 and who have health problems such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, or higher risk of heart diseases.
Types of obesity surgery: There are four types of bariatric surgical procedures that can be done to promote weight loss. This includes:
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery – This is commonly known as gastric bypass. It is considered as the gold standard of weight loss surgery. This procedure is often considered to be highly effective and a more permanent one.
- Adjustable gastric band – This is more commonly referred to as band surgery. It is the most basic and easiest of surgeries to do.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – This procedure is often called the sleeve. Studies show that the sleeve is as effective as the gastric bypass surgery in terms of weight loss and improvement of diabetes. However, the complication rates of the sleeve are on the higher side.
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch Gastric Bypass – Abbreviated as BPD/DS, it is a procedure with two components. It is considered to be the most effective surgery for the treatment of diabetes among all.
However, only a surgeon is able to decide which surgery will be the best for a patient. The decision is made after carefully considering the condition, requirement and manifestations of a patient. Moreover, the surgeon will also consider the advantages and disadvantages of each obesity surgery type before choosing the most suitable one for an individual.
Benefits of obesity surgery: Bariatric surgery continues to benefit people worldwide who fight against morbid obesity. Obesity is associated with impairment in the quality of life. In particular, obesity can cause increased physical limitations, body pain, fatigue, high blood pressure, and even diabetes. Bariatric surgery also acts as a preventive intervention against these serious health problems caused by obesity. Numerous studies have suggested that not just physical but many individuals have reported improvement in psychological functioning as well.
Bariatric surgery can help improve patient’s overall mood and psychological health. Patients who have undergone these procedures report decreased feeling of depression and anxiety, as well as an increase in energy to take up more active lifestyle post-surgery. Obese patients who undergo bariatric surgery not only live longer but also live much better.
Tragacanth gum is the sap of the thorny shrub tragacanth, which is a thorny and low-growing shrub. It is mostly found in the mountainous regions of the Middle East. Iran is the highest producer of this tree gum, which is also called Gond Katira in Hindi.
This gum is odorless, tasteless, and a water-soluble mixture obtained from the sap of the plant and then dried. Tragacanth gum has varied uses, which is not limited to consumption and includes uses in several other industries. It is also an important part of Ayurvedic treatment due to its medicinal properties.
How is the gum obtained?
The gum is derived from the roots and the stem of the plant by making an incision. The incision is generally made 5 cm below the ground level. The sap is then collected and dried as flakes or crystals.
Health Benefits of Gond Katira
Several health benefits are associated with Tragacanth gum. The best part, however, is that this sap cools the body during summer and in winters, it heats up the body. Tragacanth gum is beneficial for:
- Treating heat stroke as the gum acts as a cooling agent. During summers, a drink can be prepared by soaking the gum in water and then making a drink out of it after it has become fluffy.
- It is effective for treating constipation due to its purgative properties.
- Tragacanth gum is effective in increasing libido and also for treating sexual inadequacy or weakness in men
- This sap has anti-aging properties, which is beneficial for your skin as it delays the development of wrinkles and fine lines.
- This gum is a part of herbal treatment for women who have small breast and wish to increase its size.
- Tragacanth gum is great for new mothers who become weak after delivery. It is said to be beneficial for both the mother and the baby.
How to Consume Tragacanth gum
Tragacanth gum can be a part of several food items that we consume on a daily basis. It includes:
- Dressings for salads, in sauces, mayonnaise as well as the base of condiments
- As a thickener for ice cream
- Used for making puddings as well as laddoos, especially during the winters
- As cake decoration flowers
Other Uses: Apart from consumption, Tragacanth gum is also used in several other industries. Some of the other uses include:
- Polish for leather goods or for leather dressing
- In textile print paste for silks and crepes
- For hardening calico
- In ointments and creams as thickener or lubricants, in lotions for hair or hand as it increases the shelf life
- In toothpaste as it acts as a suspending agent
- As adhesive in the cigar to secure it
Though Tragacanth gum is good for health, you must be cautious about its side effects and also restrict the consumption amount. Some of the precautions include:
- Consuming sufficient water to prevent choking or blockage in the intestine
- Checking for sensitivity for natural gums or quillaia bark, which can cause breathing problem
Fibre is crucial for proper digestion and 85 % immunity of the human body is due to digestion alone. Scientists have recently concluded after years of study that the human brain and gut are indeed connected. This leads us to the question whether we are looking after our guts to stay healthy and fit for years to come?
Consider this modern diets have left millions worldwide with deficiency of fibre. And, this is really alarming because high - fibre foods help to guard against cancer, heart disease, kidney stones, PMS, obesity and diabetes.
Fibre comes in two varieties- soluble and insoluble. Soluble fibre turns to gel in the stomach, slowing digestion, which helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar. Insoluble fibre remains untouched all the way to the large intestine aiding in proper evacuation of the GI tract. Since fibre is never absorbed into the body, you have to eat sufficient quantities of it every day. Experts suggest that you need 25-38 gm of fibre each day in your diet. But how do you get this amount?
Here is a list of 10 high- fibre foods for jacking-up fibre content
- Legumes like split peas or ‘dals’: Fibre content - 16.3 gm per cup. Eaten as a staple food in India, split peas are full of proteins and fibre. They can be had in soup, stew and dal form.
- Lentils like quinoa: Fibre content - 15.6 gm per cup. They are also good source of protein, iron, folate, manganese and phosphorous.
- Artichokes: Fibre - 10.3 gm per medium vegetable. Reservoir of vitamins A, C, E, B, K, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous, Artichokes are one of the top most high antioxidant food.
- Peas: Fibre - 8.8 gm per cup. They are also filled with protein, Omega-3s, vitamins and folates and contain insoluble fibres
- Broccoli: Fibre - 5.1 gm per cup. A power packed cruciferous vegetable, full of anti-oxidants.
- Brussels sprouts: Fibre - 4.1 gm per cup. Contains balance of soluble and insoluble fibre apart from nutrients like vitamins C, K, B1, B2, B6, folate and manganese.
- Oatmeal: Fibre 4 gm per cup. Great for breakfast with milk!
- Flax seeds: Fibre - 3 gm per tablespoon: Tonnes of nutrients are packed in the humble flax seeds. They contain protein, thiamine, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, Omega-3 fatty acids and fibre. They reduce cholesterol and help ease symptoms of menopause.
- Avocados: Fibre 6.7 gm per half fruit raw. Pack with the goodness of vitamin C, E, B6, folate, vitamin K and potassium. Contain healthy fats that help to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pears: Fibre - 5.5 gm per medium fruit. This fruit contains Omega-6 fatty acids which helps keep the cells in brain and nerves healthy.
People very often tend to feel uneasy, right after taking your lunch or for that matter any meal. At that point of time, neither do you feel like doing anything nor do you understand what has gone wrong with your health. This is quite common after-effect of eating, which is mainly related to the digestive process.
There are always certain symptoms, which if you carefully notice, you can pinpoint right before the completeion of any meal.
- You can feel stuffy pretty easily even after having something in moderate quantity
- A sense of tiredness might creep in, just when you are about to finish your meal
- You might go through a feeling of nausea, which might be the result of indigestion due to the problem of ulcer or gallbladder disease.
What leads to people feeling sick after having a meal?
Food poisoning is one of the foremost problems, due to which you might all of a sudden start feeling unwell after having your food.
- There are food items like curd, which if kept in the open for too long, can easily get contaminated and cause food poisoning.
- Consuming too much of spicy items as well as those containing fat, can have ill effect on your health, thereby resulting in uneasiness.
- Too much eating at a time can also result in people having discomfort due to the time taken for digestion.
- Allergy from any particular food item might also result in you feeling restless or sick after having your meal.
What can you do to avoid having this problem?
There are certain ways through which you can prevent yourself from getting affected adversely after taking your meal. It is often said prevention is better than cure, so little bit of prevention might save you from having digestive pills or any related medicine, which you usually take as and when any sort of uneasiness creeps into your system. As the age old saying goes, ‘eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.’ Of course, this doesn’t mean that you would gobble up anything which comes your way during breakfast and lunch hours.
- Try not to have foods which are spicy or fried, especially during dinner time as most of the problems occur at night.
- It’s always preferable to have smaller meals on a frequent basis, rather than having three large meals in a day.
- Allow your food time to digest, so relax and sit still after eating.
So, we have discussed about the reasons for which you might feel sick right after having your meal, where now you are aware of the symptoms, what causes this problem and how can you prevent this problem from happening.
Heavy medication is often not required to treat fatigue. Homeopathy is an effective approch to deal with fatigue as it stimulates the body to heal itself. In most cases, simply replenishing phosphate cell salts in the body can have a beneficial effect and give you more energy. These salts help regulate disturbances in the constitution of a person at a cellular level. Phosphorus salts or phosphate compounds can be found in our body fluids, tissues and organs. These salts are essential for energy production, communication between cells and other regulatory responses. It is also vital for healthy bones, teeth and membrane structures.
Take a look at these five cell salts and how they can revitalize you and help fight fatigue.
- Calcarea phosphate: This compound is a building block cell salt. It is essential for the healthy growth of teeth, bones and blood cells. It helps with a number of conditions created by structural stress and helps fight tiredness and restlessness. It is also a beneficial tonic for children exhausted by long periods of mental exertion such as studying.
- Ferrum phosphate: This is an iron compound that is critical to the health of blood cells. By fighting cold, cough and slight fever in the initial phase, it keeps the body healthy and helps build up the immune system. When alternated with calcarea phosphate, the iron in this cell salt is absorbed more easily. Thus Ferrum phosphate can also help regulate the hemoglobin levels in the blood and reduce physical weakness and fatigue.
- Kali phosphate: This potassium and phosphorus compound is considered as a nerve nutrient cell salt. It can be used to treat agitation and depression by calming the nerves. It also fastens the healing of damaged nerve structures. It can also help treat insomnia that follows a day of excitement and physical strain.
- Magnesium phosphate: This is an antispasmodic cell salt and is also known as the homeopathic asprin. It is essential for well structured muscles and their connective tissues. Magnesium phosphate helps muscles move smoothly and can be used to treat minor spasms, radiating pains and to relieve pen up tension and cramps. It can also ease painful menstrual cramps.
- Natrum phosphate: The body depends on this compound to break down acids and help with the digestive system. Thus this is considered as an acidity cell salt, which also helps with issues like headache, muscle ache, stiffness and fatigue.
Pleural effusion, in medical terms, is a condition characterized by an abnormal accumulation of fluids in the pleural space. The pleural space is essentially the region between the tissues that form the lining of the lungs and the chest cavity. The fluid that builds up in the pleural space may either be protein-rich (Exudative Pleural Effusions) or watery (Transudative Pleural Effusions) in nature, thus helping doctors ascertain the cause of the pleural effusion.
- Exudative Pleural Effusions are often found to be triggered by medical conditions such as Cancer, Inflammatory diseases, Kidney disorder, Pneumonia, or Pulmonary embolism.
- Transudative Pleural Effusions, on the other hand, may be triggered by Cirrhosis, Heart Attack and Pulmonary embolism. People undergoing an open heart surgery are also susceptible to Transudative Pleural Effusions.
Further, people with Meigs’ syndrome, autoimmune diseases, congestive heart problems, Chylothorax, Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, or Tuberculosis also stand a higher risk of suffering from pleural effusions.
In most of the affected individuals, pleural effusions trigger
- Shortness of breath or difficulties in breathing, a condition called Dyspnea.
- Some individuals also experience chest pain, dry cough, and Orthopnea (difficulty in breathing especially while in lying flat or in a sleeping position).
The first step towards effective treatment includes identifying the underlying health problem that triggered pleural effusions. Doctors work towards
- Treating the pleural effusions.
- Ensuring that the condition (Pleural effusions) does not recur.
- Measures are also taken to treat the health problem that resulted in pleural effusions.
In case of severe breathing troubles, doctors may perform Thoracentesis, an invasive procedure whereby the doctor carefully inserts a needle through the chest wall to drain out the excess fluids that have accumulated in the pleural space. While Thoracentesis is known to produce fruitful results, people with chronic lung disorders or a lung surgery should refrain from this procedure.
In the case of pleural effusions resulting from congestive heart failure, the use of diuretics come as a great relief. To prevent the recurrence of the condition or to deal with malignant pleural effusions, doctors may also opt for Pleural sclerosis or Pleurodesis, which involves the removal of excess pleural fluid from the pleural space.
The doctor slightly irritates the tissues of the pleural lining to create a scar. It is this scarring that results in the fusion of the two pleural layers thus filling the space between the layers and preventing the recurrence of pleural effusion. In malignant pleural effusions, patients may also require chemotherapy or radiation therapy. In extreme cases, doctors may perform Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS). In VATS, ½ -inch long incisions (1-2) are made to drain out the pleural fluid. To avoid recurrence of the effusion, an antibiotic or a sterile talc is placed inside during the surgery.
In case of pleural effusion resulting in infection at the pleural space, an Open Thoracic Surgery (Thoracotomy) is carried out to treat the condition.
While there are several treatment methods for pleural effusion, proper identification of the underlying cause is imperative to recommend the line of treatment best suited for the patient.
Were you looking for ways to biohack your physical, psychological and spiritual areas? Here is all that you were looking for.
Biohacking is not a rocket science but a do-it-yourself phenomenon which refers to bringing in lifestyle changes on your own. All your conscious actions that make your life healthy and happy.
In this article, the focus is to help you bring some changes in mental, physical and spiritual areas. Of course, you need not do all of them in one go. Take it slow and see what helps you and what modifications you need based on your preference. So let’s go one by one from one area to another:
Exercise: Begin your day with exercise. Now that we have a wide range such as aerobics, zumba, yoga, gym, pilates. You may choose the one that interests you the most because if you don’t like it, you procrastinate it all the time. So, go for trials, read, ask your friends, and figure out a way you would like to take it up. It doesn’t have to be at the beginning of your day but anytime you find yourself rocking on the chair for way too long, just stand up and move yourself a little bit. Movement not only keeps you away from feeling tired or lethargic but keeps your brain active.
Play frequently: Go back to reminiscing the good old times, when you would wait for Sundays to go to the park and play. How happy it would make you feel and made you spontaneous. Playing gives you a dopamine rush. And if in case if you were one of those indoor players, don’t worry, instead start looking for your board games or video games. It has amazing benefits such as increasing your concentration levels, enhances problem-solving, kills boredom, improves memory and stimulates the growth of cerebral cortex
Add colours to your meals: Adding colours to meals does not mean adding synthetic colours but a wide variety of veggies, fruits, cereals of different colours and varieties in your meals. Why add colours? The reason is simple, each colour has its own benefits for instance beetroot is rich in iron, similarly, eggplant is rich in potassium.
Moving on to the Psychological Area-
- Stress: Stress can become debilitating when it comes to the cognitive functioning of any individual. It disrupts your functioning, thus it is essential to control stress. You must have experienced high levels of stress at some point in your life. Prolonged states of high stress can sometimes lead to shutting down. Alongside, it has an adverse effect on the other areas as well such as a decrease in sleep, appetite, processing information, memory to name a few. However, if stress is too low, most often one tends to procrastinate, decreases productivity. Therefore, an optimal level of stress enhances your productivity.
- Stop replaying the past: One of the biggest mistakes that you keep doing is replaying the past. When you keep digging into the negative past events and replay it thousand of times, it wounds you. It is essential to pick on the hurts and stop digging deep into them because they will only harm and be of no good to you. Instead, let go of them and reminisce the events from past which gives you happiness and makes you feel better about who you are.
- Positive affirmations: No one will come and tell you that you are doing a good job, you have to take that initiative for yourself because being happy is a do-it-yourself project. And it depends on you how you do it. Make a list of all the good you have done in your day, feel good about yourself. It not only helps in reducing stress but also boosts your self-esteem.
The spiritual area doesn’t necessarily mean being ritualistic or focussing on a particular religion. It can be anything that gives you strength, grounds you and makes you feel high on your energies.
- Meditate: You must be aware of the benefits of meditation on your brain functioning and your body. It helps in healing and aids in gaining emotional balance. It not only provides you the space to relax and rejuvenate but also helps to bring clarity in thoughts, improving communication skills. It is also a great way to gain inner stability. There are many ways you can choose from for meditating such as guided meditation, mindfulness, to name a few.
- Introspect: Everyday spend some time with yourself, you can also start by maintaining a journal. Introspection makes you build a close contact with your conscience which fosters better choices and decision making. Furthermore, helps in broadening your horizon and brings you closer to the centre within you.
- A pinch of gratefulness: The focus on gratefulness is increasing these days because you are forgetting to notice the good that is in and around you but constantly engaging in self-loathing. Just pause for a moment or two and engage in all the things that you have in the here and now. It is one way in which you can grow at a faster rate in all the areas, may it be physical, psychological or spiritual. It cultivates your core and does not take much but just a few minutes of your day.
You have the ability and can choose to transform yourself as many times as you want because you do deserve the best. So, go ahead biohack yourself with some alternatives, you have never tried before.