Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Shalom Medicare Pvt LtdYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from numbness/burning sensation in my feet since long. My Vitamin D result is 19.4, vitamin B12 645.0 and Blood sugar Fasting 105 and PP 121. Please advise me treatment. I am 63 years of age.
I got a weight dropped on my foot thumb 5-6 years ago .the thumb was aching when I twist or trun it. The doctor did x -ray then told me no fracture leave it like this mild pain may persist. Now it hurts though not big time but I can feel some discomfort when twisting it. Though I run and do my work out as body building freak or gym rat. Now x-ray shows calcification on the thumb .doctor say let it stay is there any way to free my self from the pain or little discomfort? Thanks kamal rose.
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided.
My legs are weak and I have muscle cramps in legs, I visited a vascular doctor he prescribed CALCIUM supplements, advice me to which doctor I should consult.
Pain causes a lot of discomfort in the body no matter whether the pain is in the back, legs or in the head. Almost all people experience lower-back pain at some point in their lives, which can be extremely painful and can cause considerable annoyance. The first medical specialty that comes to mind for relief of lower-back pain is Orthopedics. The other two specialists that play a vital role in treating lower-back pain are the neurosurgeons and the physiatrists.
Pain in the Back
It is very difficult for the body to source the pain when it is deep and this pain could be due to infection, disease or injuries in the back, stomach and heart. It is even possible that the pain radiates to different places in the body. Often back pain is accompanied by body changes like redness, fever, neurological problems, heat, and changes in body functions and for that diagnosis of the back pain may be very severe. Patients suffering from lower-back pain and with symptoms that comprise of weakness in the foot or other symptoms of a neurologic insufficiency must definitely see a neurosurgeon.
Back pain that occurs due to reversible problems is known to vanish in a few hours or in a day. However, if it continues longer and is accompanied by body changes, then there are chances that the condition can become worse. Visiting a doctor becomes a must for back pain if any of such characteristics are witnessed. It is always better to get evaluated by a physician.
When to Consult a Doctor Immediately
- Back pain that is followed by a shock like a car accident.
- The pain in the back worsens and is constant
- Back pain continues for more than 4-6 days
- The pain does not improve even after taking typical remedies such as taking pain relievers or after resting.
- Severe pain in the back in the night and that is alleviated by rest
- The back pain is accompanied by abdominal pain
- Numbness in the upper thighs, buttocks, groin or in the genital area
- Weakness or tingling sensation in the arm or legs
Role of a Neurosurgeon
The neurosurgeon provides non-surgical as well surgical care depending upon the nature of the illness or the injury, and he does not just operate. The neurosurgeons are experts and offer treatment to patients suffering from any injury or disease in the spine, brain or peripheral nerves that deal with arms, hands, feet and legs. But there are many other neurosurgeons that confine their practice to treating back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Hey. Yesterday when I was lifting a heavy bag, suddenly I got a cramp on the left side of my back, then afterwards I just stopped and now the pain is getting severe I can not understand what has happened to that area of my back. Now even if I am bending I am experiencing that pain again please help me with this as it getting severe by time.
Hello Sir Mujhe pichle 2-3 saal se problem aar rhi hai. Mujhe chati kamar or shoulders main pain rehta hai left side mein bharipan or puri hath mein bhi dard rehta hai. Mujhe sans lene me bhi problem hoti hai. Or sans bahut choti choti or fast ho gyi hai. Dhool ya dhuye mein bikul sans nai aata. Or dharkan v kabhi bhi tej ho jati hai. Kmjori mehsus hoti hai. Jada chalne se bhi dard hone lag jata hai. Pairo mein bechaini rehti hai. Mujhe 2-3 saal ho gye medicine lete huyi koi farak nai lga please help kre.
My left testicle is larger than my right testicle. Six years back there was a sudden pain in left testicle which lasted for 2-3 days and after that I noticed that left testicle is hanging below the right one. I have proper erections and ejaculations. Is there any potential problem?
I have neck pain from last many years it's not curable even after having many tables prescribed by many doctors. Is there any other solution for it?
My wife 60 years feels sometime numbness in fingertip n for last Two days in arm also. Her pathological rest are normal. Pl suggested. Can acupressure also helps.
My friend suffering from back pain since three weeks. It has been increasing day by day. So please suggest any medication and precautions.
Sir I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. My RA factor is 252. My anti ccp is 150. I have take medication of homeopathy from last 1 year. My health is now better. And my pain is almost gone. My medication is rhustox 30, kalmia 6, thrice a day alternately. And basil 200 once a week. My problem is my right knee on which I have an acl surgery and left elbow this two area's pain is still there. So I ask for cam I use topi mp gel and topi arnica those two area externally with my medication for relief pain?
As I have ligament tare I couldn't walk very far, and fold my legs for long time, now I have heal pain also can any one suggest me any exercise or treatment please. Thanks in advance.
I'm a nurse, I have swelling on both my feet near the ankle bone. I have tried hot mustard oil massage and coconut oil massage, but still the swelling is not reducing. I start having severe pain with the sensation of something crawling inside during the evening. I feel no pain during my work or morning time. The swelling has started to come up near my calf muscles, my knees and even my toes. Is there any solution for this. Pls help.
I have lipoma in Back Side and On Belly. How Will be Cure It? And I want Permanent Treatment for It. Please Suggest.
Our bones and joints are what make us function on a day to day basis. It is, therefore, imperative that we take good care of them at all times. There are many conditions that can affect our skeletal system, and one of them is - Gout. While the link between the two may not be that obvious, gout happens to be a condition which is sometimes related to arthritis. Therefore, it is sometimes known by the name 'gouty arthritis'.
While the issue may be severely painful, it does not mean that it cannot be reduced. And of course, when a person has the option and cutting the pain caused by gout drastically, his or her natural response is likely to be 'why not?'
Why Does It Happen?
The main reason for the occurrence of gout is too much uric acid being present in the body. The limbs of the body swell up, especially the extremities and this is known to be very painful. In many cases of gout, the swelling is especially evident in the big toe. Flare ups can last hours on end and may even get longer.
The people who wish to get the gout that is putting him or her through so much pain treated, there are quite a few options at their disposal. There are pain relievers that can be consumed under the advice of a medically qualified professional. While these pain relievers do not treat gout, but can reduces the intensity of the symptoms. Daily doses can be recommended as per the requirement and severity of the situation.
How to Get Rid of Gout?
While some anti-inflammatory drugs may have their effect but no matter how bad the pain, aspirin is a drug that needs to be avoided. Intake of aspirin can make the problem even worse, which is the last thing a person would want!
The severe problems of gout can be dealt with the chemicals known as corticosteroids. Now, while these can provide some very effective pain relief, using them can be tricky due to certain side effects. One of these side effects is that since these chemicals are injected into the joints, they can significantly weaken them. The other side effect is that they slow the healing process of the wound. Both of these side effects are highly undesirable for any patients. These chemicals are usually prescribed by the doctors after a thorough analysis of patient's condition and history.
A person who drinks alcohol and suffers from severe condition of gout should look to scale back the amount which is consumed by him or her. This is because alcohol increases the amount of uric acid which is present in the blood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I have started jogging/brisk walking 11 months ago. After 8 months I have started experiencing pain near knee. Consulted a doctor, he told its wear and tear of muscles. He advised me to take Rejoint tablet and calcigard Forte for 1 month. After 1 month I got relief and no pain was there. Again I started jogging/brisk walking, but pain started again after 4-5 days. Please advise what to do.
With the monotonous workimg shifts of 9-5pm, we often forget to take care of our back which is an integral part of our body. As per the statistics, nearly 65% of the working individuals or it professionals suffer from tremendous back pain (low back pain) being the commonest. It is seen in young as well as middle aged population who sit on a chair without a good low back support and work on their desktops and laptops which are not even at a good level of their eyes thus causing repetitive stress and strain in their eyes leading to low back pain and neck pain. The main reasons are unsupported sitting on the office chair, improper position of the laptop, not taking enough breaks in between work schedule, not drinking enough water to stay hydrated which provides good nutrition to the discs of our spine!
Follow this simple step to relieve the constant stress and strain on the back
1. Mandatory to take short breaks in between work to ease out the stress on the spine
2. Stand near the table/desk to perform back bending with hands behind the hips and gently bend your back behind without any jerks or discomfort. Move till the point of pain or discomfort and come back to your starting position. By doing so, you are reducing the pressure on your disc which is a red flag sign for spondylosis, disc herniation or other low back pain problems.
3. Hydrate yourself properly with at least 10-12 glasses of water daily in order to maintain the nutrition of the discs between the bones of the spine called vertebrae.
(this maintains the height of the vertebrae and does not produce friction between the two causing symptoms)
4. Always identify your symptoms like pain, discomfort, stress, tightness around the back, inability to do complete movements, stiffness, difficulty in walking or working on a laptop for long hours. Consult a physiotherapist for the same as exercises are the best way to heal any problem of the spine