Doctor in Sexpertforall
Submit a review for SexpertforallYour feedback matters!
The body and its functions depend to a great extent on the play of hormones, which can greatly affect how we function and the quality of life that we enjoy. Men and women have many different kinds of hormones. Testosterone is a male hormone that found mainly in the testicles of males and is responsible for the development of their sexual behavior and other typical male characteristics.
Why measure testosterone?
This hormone affects the physical, mental and emotional side of men to a great extent and an alteration can also cause health problems. For example, symptoms like sudden weight gain and mood swings are just a few that can point towards a low t score, which is a measure of testosterone. This is why it is important to measure the levels of this hormone.
There are many ways to measure the testosterone levels in men, as follows.
1. Sweat: one of the foremost ways to measure the testosterone levels is to get acquainted with the sweat and its smell, which is basically a function of the apocrine glands. The more you sweat, the more testosterone you have in your body.
2. Testicles: the size of the testicles also determines how much testosterone your body is producing. The smaller the size, the lower the level; while larger and firmer testicles will mean that your body is producing high levels of testosterone.
3. Erections: the erection that a male enjoys is driven basically by the level of testosterone being produced in the body. The size and frequency of the erection basically speak volumes of the t score. Infrequent and small erections can point at low levels of testosterone, low levels of nitric oxide, as well as malfunctioning; dopamine receptors.
4. Saliva and blood spot test: this home-based test kit or a blood test at the doctor's clinic can measure the level of testosterone that is being produced in the body, with the help of a vial that can ask for either saliva or blood in this method, you need to remember that the t score depends on the time of the day and is usually highest in the morning. Also, a blood test conducted by a doctor will have more accurate results.
5. Weight: the amount of weight and fat on the person's body is also an indication of the t score. When you have excess fat, the aromatase enzymes will convert testosterone into estrogen, which is basically a female hormone. This will give rise to low testosterone levels.
The testosterone level is an important indicator of male health and should not be ignored.
Many ayurvedic herbs can enhance testosterone naturally. Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng is the best know.