Minor Ot Service Procedures
Prostate Laser Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Kidney Stones Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Submit a review for Ribah Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
Feeling acidic after eating a heavy meal can often make you regret those last few morsels. This acidic sensation is known as acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux disease, better known as GERD. GERD occurs when the functioning of the lower oesophagus muscles is restricted. This makes the undigested food in the stomach and stomach acids leak back into the oesophagus.
Thankfully, this is not something you have to live with and a few simple lifestyle changes can help resolve the situation.
- Do not lie down after eating: When your body is in a horizontal position, there are higher chances of food being regurgitated into the oesophagus. To avoid this, finish your meals at least 3 hours before going to bed. Sit upright while eating and do not lie down or slouch immediately after eating. This gives the food time to be digested and move out of the stomach.
- Limit your food intake: Overeating is one of the most common triggers of GERD. Cutting down your portion sizes can instantly reduce the number of GERD occurrences. Instead of eating large, heavy meals, shorten the duration between meals and have more frequent small meals.
- Avoid foods that trigger acidity: With time, you will soon realise which types of foods trigger an acidic reaction. Some common triggers are onions, peppermint, caffeine, citrus fruits etc. Keeping a diary can help identify such foods and ease your problem.
- Quit Smoking: Nicotine not only harms your lungs, but can affect your digestive system as well. It is responsible for weakening the muscles that control the opening between the stomach and oesophagus. This allows stomach acids and food from the stomach to re-enter the oesophagus. Alcohol can also worsen GERD symptoms and hence it is better to avoid alcohol is you suffer from frequent bouts of acid reflux.
- Lose weight: Overeating, obesity and acid reflux go hand in hand. Being overweight can put extra pressure on your stomach and abdomen, thus pushing food and gastric juices into the oesophagus. Losing this extra weight should effectively resolve your acid reflux problem if you are overweight.
- Look at your medications: Some types of medication too can cause acid reflux by interfering with the digestive system and irritating the oesophagus. These types of medication include blood pressure medication, asthma medication, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, bisphosphonates, sedatives and painkillers. Do not simply stop taking these medications, but talk to your doctor about replacing them with something else.
I use patanjali saundarya face wash but my get oily after face wash so please suggest me the good oil control face wash for skin lightening purpose.
I am 23 years old. My weight is 67 kgs and my height is 5'6" My skin tone is wheatish. II want to improve my skin complexion because I want to search a person to marry. For that I want to improve my skin tone. Can you please help me for that.
I am 17 years old male and I hv several deep dark spots on my face. I used certain creams but it did not work. I want to remove those dark spots by laser treatment. So can it be treated through laser? Or what else I should do now.
I have got under eye dark circles after loosing weight. How can I fill up under eye depression which has caused the dark circle?
Hlo doctors i've vry oily and acne prone skin I used lotus matte gel for oily skin bt it didn't wrk 4 me evn it makes my skin worsen more so would uh please suggest me affordable and good quality sunscreen that suits on ma skin.
Now I use ponds spotless lightening face wash I have a oily skin wash my face using face wash in 8 times in per day. Its correct or not? Now I decided to using melawash for skin lightening purpose how many times wash my face using melawash?
Friends "white spots" in a disease in which the patient remains physically upset win over as it ceases to bother many times mentally makes many feel he hated myself among the people but they know very glad all will our ancient ayurveda possible medical treatment hundred percent of this disease in science to see our ancient ayurvedic stages of the disease by the classical yogaj be disease reliable treatment possible patient if your neighborhood.
If you are worried about treatment from all sides, then definitely tell us about it. We will do our best to free them from this frustrating disease.
Ayurveda is the only way Far too many patients have been rid of the disease.
Keep in mind - vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements can be helpful in getting severe inflammatory acne under control.
Mam lumacip plus contain hydroquinone 4% its safe to the skin once I stop using this cream my skin get darker or not please suggest me mam.
Hello sir, Please tell me why my leg fingers n heel cracks please give some tips for cure. How to gain weight.
I am suffering from pain tensile type in my left lag due to infection between top of my leg and bowl. White grain size a no of wounds making the skin around infected parts white have grown. please give me suggestion.
Eat 1 or 2 medium sized balls made of neem leaves everyday, it helps in curing skin itching and pimple problems.