Submit a review for Ramakrishna Mission HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hi I want to know that I have severe pain in my right knee whenever I sit in washroom my knee hurts very badly I can not give load on my knee if I distribute my body weight on my right knee when sitting in washroom or climbing stairs it hurts very badly it's all right when I am standing or not bending my knee. But if knee is bent it hurts .the pain is in the middle soft part of knee. There is no issue of balance. My left knee has also start paining not that much but it pains when I sit in washroom. I am 17 year old.
I have been suffering pain in my left knee last 2 weeks. I applied two three gel but not yet relief. Plse suggest me or its a uric acid problem.
Which are the precautions to be taken to stop the osteoporosis and arthritis in old age? What are the foods to be eaten or not eaten? Is there any direct relation with intake of milk or milk products?
Which test is recommended for knee pain, whole body pain along with cracking knuckles and stiffness in legs and hands.
Sir, I am senior citizen--aged 75 +. I have led a very active live from young age. Played Badminton & Table Tennis in Club level. I am in Bangalore. My husband --Retd. Dy Chief Electrical Engineer, got a Paralytic stroke in Nov 2012. From that time my running about started. I had to do & still doing his jobs also, like attending to Bank matters etc plus my own never ending house work. That told upon my knees. I under went a Magnetic Therapy done by SBF doctors. I had physio therapy also daily for 21 days. They promised miracles. But that didn't happen. I never had severe knee pain as such. But want of rest & never ending work have made my walking un steady. I can not walk w/o doddering. It is embarrassing. I feel my body weight comes forward & makes walking difficult. I also limp. Any suggestion from you to get back my normal walking. X ray revealed --cartilage worn out. Thankyou
Hi sir I suffer over weight problem. I start walking running and skipping last one 15 days back. 5 days back I done jump rope exercise. Present I suffer long time siting my right knee pain. What I do relief my knee pain. I avoid jump rope exercise ?which exercise is best for me? How to weight loss. Please guide me sir.
Hello Sir, My Age is 20 year. I am 1st year BHMS Student, my problem is my knee joint often hurts, and when I masturbate After very pain in knee joint.
I am nearing 64 years. Still working in 2nd innings. Right knee gives some trouble sometimes. What medicines you recommend so that knees do not pain. What dietary & lifestyle changes you recommend for me to lead a healthy & pain-less life. Also recommend with regard to delaying ARTHRITIS & OSTEOPOROSIS. Thanks,
I am Having pain and inflammation in knee, age 33, height 5'4" weight-80 kg, having 1 kid of 2.5 years old, having so many problem. Excessive allergic prone in whole body. Taking Allegra-180 in every alternative day. Please help. No Sugar and no High BP.
My fathers has knee problem can't walk properly. X-ray report nil. Please suggest something for that.
Having pain in knees can't walk too much. This pain is from 1 year when I was suffering from chickengunia.
I had knee replacement operations last 2.5 months. But I have sleeping problem in night due to knee uncomfortably positioning of leg what to do suggest.
When should a patient consult a rheumatologist?
- If the patient is suffering from any of the below symptoms, he might be having rheumatic diseases.
- Joint pains and swellings
- Severe joint pains and stiffness in the morning
- Severe back pain and stiffness in the morning
- Unexplained generalized body pains
- Recurrent mouth ulcers/hair loss
- Dryness of mouth/eyes, red rashes on cheeks
- Recurrent heel pains
- Prolonged unexplained fevers after detailed work up by physicians
- Wounds on skin not healing over a period of time referred by a surgeon and physician
- Persistent problems regarding abortions referred after primary work up by a gynecologist
- Recurrent uvietis after primary work up by an ophthalmologist.
- Unexplained pulmonary renal syndromes at primary care level.
It is important to see a rheumatologist, who has the training and experience to diagnose various forms of inflammatory arthritis
When the initial diagnosis is in doubt
- To pick up and manage extraarticular manifestations like vasculitis, eye involvement, pleuropulmonary involvement, lymphadenopathy etc in rhematoid arthritis
- Arthritis not controlled by traditional dmards
- Connective tissue disorders like sle, sjogrens syndrome, systemic sclerosis, mixed and undifferentiated connective tissue disorders etc
- Vasculitidis and other rare autoimmune diseases.
Can I take sea cod oil capsule for daily fatigueness as for good health. Is there any side effects. My mother is a rheumatic arthritis patient. Can she take sea cod oil capsule or not? Will there any benefit in rheumatic arthritis pain?
Knee joint surgery is a long and arduous procedure in most causes. However, outpatient procedures sometimes take less than an hour and require minimal recovery time. It is commonly conducted in cases of:
- Progressive arthritisa
- Injury, dislocation or fracture
- To fix deformities
If one is aware of these informative tips post-surgery, recovery can be a less painful and easier process :
- Clean linen sheets to prevent infection to the wound
- In case of pain, ice packs over the bandage can be used. However, one should be cautious as extended use of ice can result in cold burns
- Installation of preventive fall equipment is necessary to ensure that the patient does not sustain further injuries post-surgery.
- Knee surgery recovery can be very time consuming in which case, the patient may experience high levels of anxiety, and depression. A close friend should be available in times of emotional need to reduce negative feelings.
- Crutches and other supportive objects should perpetually be in close proximity to the patient as it can be very difficult for patients to reach their close destination without the help of these necessities when in need.
- In case of intensive pain attacks, the patient should be taught relaxation techniques such as breathing in and out or breathing intensively in settled intervals
- The patient should be put on a strict diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates and healthy fat to allow faster recovery
- The patient should also get 8-10 hours of sleep daily to allow the system to recover on its own
- The patient should not put pressure on their body during the recovery time, especially the injured area
It is a prerequisite for the families and loved ones of the patients to show emotional support as feelings of isolation can cause further pain to the patient. Along with that, the patient should keep a positive attitude during the course of their bed-rest time. If one keeps these tips noted, recovery can be a less arduous condition. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Does severe knee pain caused due to years of over masturbation and poor nutrition in a 20 year old boy need surgery? Doctors have found no issue in x ray of the knee and I am underweight?
Knee is a hinge joint where the lower leg bone tibia meets the thigh bone femur. During osteoarthritis, cartilage or ligament defects and degenerative arthritis, knee replacement surgery is recommended world-wide to get relief from extreme pain. Knee replacement surgery, also known as knee arthroscopy, is a surgical procedure, in which the affected knee joint is replaced with synthetic material. The most likely candidates for total knee replacement are the patients with severe destruction of the knee joint coupled with progressive pain and impaired function.
Modern technological advances have made computer assisted knee replacement surgery extremely popular around the globe. In this surgery, the surgeon is assisted by a computer to remove the optimum amount and angle of the bone, which otherwise is done by inspecting manually. This is an excellent example of surgery through small incision and it eliminates the chances of human error. A perfect alignment and balance is achieved and hence longevity is also increased to 20 - 30 years. Knee replacement surgery is also specific to gender as the anatomy of male and female patients is different.
There are many types of knee replacements, most common being the total knee replacement or Total Knee Arthroplasty. In addition, there is partial knee replacement, bilateral knee replacement and revision knee replacement.
In knee replacement surgery, the worn out surfaces of joints of knee are replaced with artificial implant of plastic and metal. The lower end of the femur bone is removed and replaced with a metal shell. The upper end of the lower leg bone (tibia) is also removed and replaced with a channelled plastic implant with a metal stem. A plastic ball is also added under the kneecap depending on its condition. These artificial components are commonly referred as prosthesis. The design of these highly flexible implants replicate knee, with the rotating knee replacement implants assist in backward and forward swing of the legs.
The Rehabilitation After Total Knee Replacement:
- Full weight bearing walking, knee bending, exercise next day after surgery
- Commode use, sitting on chair 2nd day
- 3rd day: Stair climbing, start cross leg sitting
- 2 weeks: Suture removal and walking to outdoors
Patients whose knee joints have been damaged by either trauma or progressive arthritis should consider total knee replacement surgery. Post-surgical hospital stay after knee joint replacement is usually three to five days. The surgery has a very high success rate and shows dramatic improvement after a month. This improvement is most notable one month or more after surgery. The pain caused by the damaged joint is reduced significantly when the new gliding surface is constructed during surgery. Initially, patient will walk with the help of a walking aid until the knee is able to support full body weight. After six weeks, patient can walk comfortably with minimal assistance. Patients with artificial joints are prescribed to take antibiotics during the course of any elective invasive procedures including dental work. Physiotherapy is an essential part of rehabilitation and it will increase the muscle strength and patient can enjoy most activities, except running and jumping.