Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Qi Lifecare Pvt LtdYour feedback matters!
Grapes health benefits
It may surprise you to hear that the humble grape is actually considered to be a berry.
The average serving size for grapes is about one cup, or 32 grapes. As a useful measure, you can use the size of your fist to estimate the proper portion size for grapes.
Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. Grapes are high in antioxidants
Cancer: grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, the resveratrol found in red wine famous for heart health is a type of polyphenol found in the skins of red grapes.
Heart disease: the flavonoid quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory that appears to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol in animal studies.
The high polyphenol content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (cvd) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
High blood pressure
Because of their high potassium content, grapes are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body.
Constipation the high water and fibre content of grapes helps in constipation.
I'm getting electric shock whenever I touches anything in home. From last one month I'm getting this. It's truly afraiding and in getting ten to fifteen times shock in a day.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.
What is insulin therapy?
Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control. It is the primary therapy used for the treatment of any type of diabetes. The dependence on insulin depends on the balance between the actual production of insulin in the body and the resistance of the body cells to the insulin produced. People, who suffer from diabetes type 1, need insulin injections lifelong. The requirement for insulin therapy in people suffering from type 2 diabetes solely depends upon the declining function of the beta-cells over time.
What are the types of insulin available in the market?
The various types of insulin available in the market are:
- Rapid acting insulin: The onset of action in this type of insulin is rapid and it lasts for a short duration, about two hours.
- Short acting or regular insulin: The onset of action is moderate, and it starts acting within half an hour, and the duration of action ranges from 3 to 6 hours.
- Intermediate acting insulin: It takes about 2 to 4 hours for the onset of action of this type of insulin and the effect can remain for about 18 hours.
- Long acting insulin: The duration of action of this type of insulin can last up to about an entire day.
How is it taken?
Insulin injections can be self-injected using a syringe, a needle, a cartridge system, or a pre-filled pen system. Devices for inhaling insulin, quick-acting insulin and insulin pumps are also available at medical stores and pharmacies. Insulin is injected subcutaneously, into your muscles. Try to ensure that you inject around the same area every time, but choose a different spot to ensure less scarring. The best areas to inject insulin are thighs, buttocks, arms and belly. If you take regular insulin, it is advised to take it half an hour before a meal.
What are the possible side effects?
- Low blood sugar level
- Scars and lumps from extensive usage of insulin injection
- Rashes can be found in the area the insulin is injected or sometimes, all over the body
- Weight gain when you start using insulin initially
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Have you been stressed out lately and feel like you have lost your mental peace? You should consider trying yoga for reviving your peace of mind. Yoga poses integrate a combination of physical health and spiritual health, which allow you to cope with the various tensions you experience in everyday life. You get a calm and relaxed state of mind and your sense of both internal and external well-being also improves. Here are the best yoga poses, which help you bring mental peace.
- Anjaneyasana - high lunge: For performing this yoga pose, you should stand up straight and bend forward on one of your knees, keeping your other leg stretched behind. Your arms should be held above your head, and you must inhale and exhale all the time. This pose gives you positive energy, which enhances mental power and strength.
- Anjaneyasana - low lunge: This yoga pose involves the bending of one knee in a low lunged position, keeping the forward knee flexed at a 90 degree angle. Your arms should be stretched. This yoga asana is good for increasing your mental focus, and helps in releasing all sorts of tensions. It is very effective for total mental peace.
- Garundasana - eagle pose: This is a high level yoga pose that helps in improving your concentration and balance. All negative mental energy you possess get dispelled. It involves a chair pose, with one of your left arm wrapped around another. Your arms should stay entwined. This asana enables you to develop mental and physical harmony, which results in inner peace.
- Natarajasana - dancer’s pose: This is another effective yoga posture, which helps in boosting your concentration power. It involves standing on one leg while you bend forward having one arm stretched in front, and another grabbing your foot of the leg, which is raised.
- Virabhadrasana - warrior pose: This yoga pose aims at combating your inner conflicts in order to attain a relaxed mental state. You need to stand on one leg, bend forward, raise your other leg, and clasp your hands behind your back. This practice is effective in eliminating negative emotions, which upset your mental peace.
- Urdhva prasarita eka padasana - standing split pose: This yoga asana involves standing with one of your legs resting on the ground, while the other one is extended upwards. Blood rushes to your head, which improves your mental functions. You also experience a serene state of mind, which is important for a sound mind.
Apart from these, the Adho Mukha Vrksasana or the Handstand is also effective for attaining mental peace. Here, you need to propel your body upwards, supporting your entire body weight on your hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga and naturopathy.
I'm getting electric shock whenever I touches anything in home. I'm feeling afraid to touch anything in home. From last one month I'm getting this problem. Daily ten to fifteen times I'm getting shock. My age is 30
Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring inflammation. A joint is an area of the body where two different bones meet. A joint in the body functions to move the body parts connected by its bones. Arthritis literally means inflammation of one or more joints.
Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. Joint pain is referred to as arthralgia. When four or more joints are involved, the arthritis is referred to as polyarthritis. When two or three joints are involved, it is referred to as oligoarthritis. When only a single joint is involved, it is referred to as monoarthritis.
Cause of arthritis
It is difficult to narrow down a single cause for it, but a combination of reasons may trigger this disease.
- Injury: A hurtful injury can cause your joint to get inflamed and may also damage the tissue around it leading to arthritis.
- Heredity factors: In many cases, the genetic make-up of an individual can also cause this.
- Diet and nutrition: Sometimes, consuming the wrong diet can cause your joint to either fall weak or affect the tissue around it. For example, sugar-rich foods are not good for your joints
- Less cartilage: Cartilage is a firm but flexible connective tissue in your joints. It protects the joints by absorbing the pressure and shock created when you move and put stress on them. A reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue cause some forms of arthritis.
Symptoms of arthritis
Most common signs on the onset of this disease are stiffness, redness of the skin around a joint, pain due to inflammation, it might also affect your immune system causing a loss appetite if the disease is because of your immune system.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda can work wonders for this disease since a right combination of nourishing herbs and stable yoga postures improve your joint health for a longer time. Since the treatment is totally organic, the calcium absorption of your body is increased naturally without any side effects. Even Ayurvedic oils work well for joint pain and give you quick relief. If you have been to able to find the right treatment then Ayurveda is for you.
Fibre is crucial for proper digestion and 85 % immunity of the human body is due to digestion alone. Scientists have recently concluded after years of study that the human brain and gut are indeed connected. This leads us to the question whether we are looking after our guts to stay healthy and fit for years to come?
Consider modern diets have left millions worldwide with deficiency of fibre. And, this is really alarming because high - fibre foods help to guard against cancer, heart disease, kidney stones, PMS, obesity and diabetes.
Fibre comes in two varieties- soluble and insoluble. Soluble fibre turns to gel in the stomach, slowing digestion, which helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar. Insoluble fibre remains untouched all the way to the large intestine aiding in proper evacuation of the GI tract. Since fibre is never absorbed into the body, you have to eat sufficient quantities of it every day. Experts suggest that you need 25-38 gm of fibre each day in your diet. But how do you get this amount?
Here are a list of 10 high- fibre foods for jacking-up fibre content
- Legumes like split peas or ‘dals’: Fibre content - 163.3g per cup. Eaten as a staple food in India, split peas are full of proteins and fibre. They can be had in soup, stewand and dal form.
- Lentils like quinoa: Fibre content - 15.6g per cup. They are also a good source of protein, iron, folate, manganese and phosphorous.
- Artichokes: Fibre -10.3 10.3g per medium vegetable. The reservoir of vitamins A, C, E, B, K, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous, Artichokes are one of the top highest antioxidant foods.
- Peas: Fibre - 88.8g per cup. They are also filled with protein, Omega-3s, vitamins and folates and contain insoluble fibre.
- Broccoli: Fibre -5.1 5.1g per cup. A power packed cruciferous vegetable, full of anti-oxidants.
- Brussels sprouts: Fibre -4.1 4.1g per cup. Contains balance of soluble and insoluble fibre apart from nutrients like vitamins C, K, B1, B2, B6, folate and manganese.
- Oatmeal: Fibre 4g per cup. Great for breakfast with milk!
- Flax seeds: Fibre -3 3g per tablespoon. Tonnes of nutrients are packed in the humble flax seeds. They contain protein, thiamine, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, Omega-3 fatty acids and fibre. They reduce cholesterol and help ease symptoms of menopause.
- Avocados: Fibre 67.7g per half fruit raw. Pack with the goodness of vitamin C, E, B6, folate, vitamin K and potassium. Contain healthy fats that help to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pears: Fibre - 55.5 g per medium fruit. This fruit contains Omega-6 fatty acids which help keep the cells in brain and nerves healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 23 years old female, I am getting married in next month but I am afraid of intercourse as the size of my vagina is too small, I can't even enter one finger, it gives me a lot of pain. Is this size found in every one or I have some problem, suggest me what I will do.
Hello doctor, I have been having abnormal hunger for the last one month even though there is no change in my regular diet and timings. I have got Thyroid, Liver Function, HbA1c, sugar and lipid profile tests. Every report is normal except HDL being 34 and LDL 169 and the ratio is 6.82. If I take food, within 1-2 hours, I feel very hungry. Sometimes, I get sweat and giddiness whenever I feel hungry. I also lost about 8-9 kgs in the last 6-7 months and my present weight is 76 kgs. Since I was having lot of stress and anxiety for the last one week, I took larpose 2 mg tablet every night. I just want to know what is my problem? Also I would like to know whether there will be any impact in tests report as I got these tests done when I was taking larpose tablet. Please advise.
In the realm of ayurvedic medicine, ginger is considered as a wonder root. Its medicinal purposes are many and it never fails to heal some of the most common to the more serious diseases. Ginger can be consumed raw, with other foods, or in a paste form. It is regularly used in most of the dishes that you consume on a daily basis because of its medicinal values. Here are some of the most important values that ginger has, due to which it is considered to be one of the most cherished remedy in ayurveda.
Anti-histamine properties: often people get allergies to dust, pollens, dirt, and other impurities in the air. These allergies can be prolonged and the person suffers a lot. When you experience a bout of allergy, it is best to consume ginger in any form. Its anti -histamine properties help in reducing the allergic reaction and relieve the patient of the sufferings.
Stimulates digestion: ginger is a regular herb used in every meal - mostly in the form of paste and at times as chopped pieces. This is because it aids the release of bile juices from the gall bladder, which in turn promotes smooth digestion.
Cancer: according to the researches carried out at michigan university, it has been concluded that ginger powder has the ability to kill many cancer-causing cells. It is specially recommended to be consumed by medical practitioners if you suffer from lung, prostate, ovarian, and breast cancer.
Morning sickness: at times, you experience morning sickness with a heavy head and a bout of nausea. This mostly occurs when you are pregnant. In such circumstances, consuming ginger provides the necessary vitamin b6 to your body. This helps you to stabilise your condition in the morning and reduce weakness, laziness, and nausea.
Inflammation: ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing inflammation of any kind in the body. This means that whenever you have any kind of inflammation, you are asked to consume ginger so that the swelling and pain subsides to a considerable amount.
Menstrual cramps: cramps are very common in women during their menstruation. To reduce the pain and cramps, ginger tea is often given to them. It is said that consuming ginger regularly during periods helps in reducing the pain and cramps that are associated with it.
In a gist, these are some of the essential qualities of ginger. These are the reasons as to why ginger is often consumed daily and seen as a home remedy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal experts.
The relationship is a tricky aspect of one's life and if things go wrong it can devastate us and if a relationship is right, it can bless us with a wonderful life partner.
As easy as it is to shrug it off and blame it on the other person, there are certain things everyone needs to accomplish in their own life before they can be a good partner.
1. Get involved for the right reasons
One of the simplest questions to ask yourself is why you want a relationship in the first place? Is it because you really like this person, or are you trying to distract yourself from other problems?
Sometimes people, especially in young age, people enter into a relationship for all the wrong reasons, like starting a new relationship only because all of your friends are dating someone and being with someone just makes you feel secure with a partner rather than for the feelings you have for that particular person.
So the first thing you should do is to progress consciously and understand if the reasons are right to go in for a relationship. Then visualize if you want to grow old with the person or if you are looking for a life partner.
2. Avoid sex as a medium to gain intimacy
A lot of time people tend to begin a relationship with sex believing that it will eventually lead to a more emotionally intimate or a committed relationship. Research shows relationships that start with sex before emotional intimacy, typically fails to become committed unions.
3. Leave the Past in the Past
Everyone has had things happened to them that they would rather forget, but not everyone can shrug it off. Memories only become baggage if you dwell on them and refuse to move on. Learn to let go of the people who are no longer in your life and forget the ones who let you down. Move on and set your sight on the horizon.
4. Learn to Accept Other People
One of the toughest things you learn in life is that other people don’t exist to fulfil all your expectations. Accept other people for who they are and learn to embrace their flaws. A good relationship is one where both people can feel comfortable and at home. Judging people is a great way to get them headed towards the door.
How to get the chubby and glowing cheeks by diets. My cheeks looks like I am a patient. So please discuss any effective tip.
I am 28 years old. Shall I take D protein powder. Is there any side effects. Already I am taking tablets NervupOD.
My new born not gaining much weight, doctor asked to give top feed, after top feed 2 times a day 90 ml, weight gain is around 20 gms per day, now doctor has asked to give 60 ml after each breast feed. She has vomited twice after doing so. She is 3.3 kg after one month, birth weight was 3.125. Baby is active and has no other issues apart from weight gain. Should we give so much top feed? Is it safe for baby?
Summer vacations are great. Everyone waits eagerly for a vacation to get a break from their daily lives and relax. Vacation means no limits and no barriers. People tend to have the time of their lives during a summer vacation. This may sometimes result in weight gain, as some people forget about a healthy diet while on a vacation and indulge in exotic food excessively.
Here are five tips to avoid gaining weight while you are on your summer vacation.
- Carry healthy snacks: Instead of consuming fast food and food from the hotel vending machine, it is advisable that you carry healthy, nutritious snacks with you. Avoid eating potato chips and other fried snacks. Instead, carry protein bars with you to meet your snack requirements. You can also bring little bags of nuts, dried fruits and fresh fruits like apples, bananas or grapes. Keep the snacks near you and have them in small amounts frequently.
- Choose wisely at meal buffets: While on a summer vacation, the wide range of food items in the hotel’s breakfast or lunch buffet is sure to tempt you. You will find amazing and irresistible food items all around you. However, you should eat strategically instead of indulging in everything. Too much food can make you tired, and you may not want to go out and would rather feel like resting in the hotel room. While selecting from the buffet food items, include exotic foods as well as healthy foods to stay fit.
- Working out: While on a vacation, you do not have to work out rigorously, but some form of daily exercise is necessary. In case your vacation spot is in an isolated area without any gym facility, you should plan ahead and carry some workout equipments with you. You can work out for some short amount of time in your hotel room or even outside with devices such as a jump rope. Practicing pushups, crunches and lunges can also be effective.
- Utilize the hotel’s facilities: Most modern hotels have a multi-gym with great equipments to work out. These gyms are open 24 hours a day in most hotels, and you can choose your most convenient time to work out and burn some calories at the gym.
- Exercise with your family: During a summer vacation, planning outings and outdoor activities is a good way to keep in shape. You can go for biking trips with your family or can take a hike along beautiful roads, hills or woods. Any place you visit, try to walk around and explore.
Vacations are meant to have fun and eat good food. However, you should restrict yourself a bit regarding food and try to work out a little while on vacation to avoid gaining weight.