Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Submit a review for Pikale HospitalYour feedback matters!
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver excretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below
1. Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
2. If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
3. Narrowing of the bile ducts
4. Enlargement of the lymph nodes
5. Bile duct tumors
6. Tumors in the pancreas
7. Various infections such as hepatitis
8. Liver complications such as cirrhosis
9. Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
10. Inflammation of the pancreas
11. If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are
1. You may experience yellowish skin
2. You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
3. Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
4. Stools may be light colored
5. You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
It is from a few month I find it problem to urinate after intercourse, I have to wait for long time to initiate urine.
My mother's microalbuminuria of urine is 173.0, RBC OF URINE is 03-04. Haemoglobin is 9.8, hematocrit (HCT) is 29.6, MCH is 25.6 and RDW- CV is 15.6. ESR is 55. She is now taking medicine for high blood pressure, Gastric and for arthritis. She has no sugar problem as well as thyroid problem. Please prescribe the medicine after analyzing her urine and blood report. She is taking medicine for blood pressure Metosartan 25 in the morning and temsan 40 at night. She is taking Medicine for arthritis from last month. Her blood Urea, Creatinine, Uric Acid report is normal.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Sir, from past two years blood comes from anus, when it comes it will continues 3 to days and then stopped. After a month it will repeat. I am at 21 what's the problem sir?
Are you suffering from kidney stones and looking for an effective, natural treatment? You should choose homeopathy, as it works well in treating kidney stones. A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline, mineral development in your kidneys or urinary tract. The condition is called nephrolithisis. Kidney stones occur due to a reduction in your urine volume, and because of the presence of excess stone-forming substance in your urine. Homeopathic treatment of kidney stones does not involve any side effects, and various homeopathic medicines are used as a part of the treatment. Some of them are as follows:
- This medicine is used when a sharp pain is experienced because of kidney stones.
- A patient experiences strains and cramps along the ureter during the passage of calculus.
- Fever and irritation are also likely.
- Benzoic acid is prescribed in case of nephritic colic.
- Offensive urinary symptoms are experienced. The urine is usually deep red with strong and foul odor.
- The urine may alternatively be thick, and clear.
- This homeopathic medicine is used for treating kidney stones, which develop because of kidney congestion.
- Dull backache and ache in the bladder are experienced, along with dark urine, containing deposits of uric acid and blood.
- A patient experiences an increased urge for urination, but a very small amount of urine is passed at once.
- A burning sensation while passing urine is indicated along with swelling of the urethra.
- This homeopathic medicine is used during the paroxysms of renal colic. Extreme pain and excitement are indicated.
- The pain may be cutting in nature, and it shoots in various directions, affecting your limbs and different parts of the body.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, and an aversion to fluids is developed by a patient in spite of feeling thirsty.
- This is another effective homeopathic remedy used for treating kidney stones, when the patient experiences a shooting pain radiating from a certain point and he or she becomes unable to move because of the pain.
- Also there is a darting pain experienced in the ureter, extending down to your legs.
- There is an indication of the development of little pinheads in the pelvis that starts growing down your bladder.
You must consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for the treatment of kidney stones. A doctor will suggest you the best homeopathic medicines based on the symptoms you experience and the severity of the condition.
I am 25 years old male. I went for a check up five months back for kidney stones. The doctor told me that your prostate is getting enlarged and asked me a question do you masturbate daily. I told yes. He asked me to stop it. Now my question is if I have enlarged prostate how do I cure without any side effects or naturally. I use to urinate nearly 20 times daily. I suspect it is because of enlarged prostate because my blood sugar is normal .Help me to out of this.
Hi! I am 22, for the last two days I see blood flowing down from my anus as if there is a wound that is heavily bleeding. When I sit on the toilet seat I don't feel any pain and the blood flow will be high when I apply some pressure and when once I am done everything is normal. I never had any health issues till date. Is this any sign of serious syndrome or disease or will it be cured with home remedies, if any please suggest. I am shying in reaching out to a doctor. Please suggest if any remedies or medicines that I could try. This is really scaring me from inside. Help please.
Hi, I have a problem of urine it was painful while going to washroom that heat will continue for some time like 5-10 min of span after that it will be normal Suggest me how can I overcome this problem.
I am 23 year male .during urine test. My urine report .before one week it is 1-2 pus cell and 4-5 RBC .but now it is 4-5 o us cell only. And my health condition is .only constipation anand frequent urinate.
Every time I urinate a pre cum comes (white fluid like matter which is very sticky () I request you doctor plzz tell is it harmful fluid for my health physically and mentally! Also the reason behind it.
Enlarged prostate is a disorder which occurs more likely in elderly males. It is basically the enlargement of the prostate gland and is also known as Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. The prostate enlargement impinges itself on the urethra, and causes increased urination and other urinary problems. Enlarged prostate is usually treated by surgical methods and there is a common belief that there is no other treatment for enlarged prostate other than surgery.
However, homeopathy is a field of medicine which can be used for the treatment of an enlarged prostate gland. Homeopathic medicines are organic and completely natural, and aim at treating the underlying cause of an enlarged prostate, instead of just curing the symptoms.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used for enlarged prostate treatment, along with the symptoms when they are used.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic medicine is an effective cure for prostate gland enlargement, especially in aged people. Frequent urination is the first symptom of this type of prostate enlargement. An affected patient will develop an urge to urinate every now and then and there is a burning sensation in the urethra during urination. Degrading changes are noticed in the vascular, cardiac and cerebral system. Memory loss and decreased libido are observed. The patient cannot tolerate cold, and perspiration in the feet occurs.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for enlarged prostate in people with heart problems accompanied by frequent urinary symptoms. This type of prostate enlargement is common in older men. The pulse rate may become irregular or abnormal and oedema is observed in internal and external parts. Swelling of sexual organs is also noticed.
- Staphysagria: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of an enlarged prostate gland along with dysuria. There is pain during urination and the patient feels pressure on the urinary bladder, and urination seems to be incomplete. Burning in the urethra while urinating is observed, and the sensation lasts even after urination.
- Conium: Conium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for curing prostate gland enlargement accompanied by frequent urination. This condition may arise due to an injury or a blow. Induration and hardening of the gland are caused, and it feels like a stone. There is great trouble in urination, and it seems incomplete.
- Sabal Serrulata: This is a popular homeopathic medicine for an enlarged prostate gland and is considered to be one of the best medicines for this disorder. Symptoms include irritation in urinary organs and increased urge for urination at night.
Homeopathy is considered to be an ideal treatment for an enlarged prostate gland for people who want to avoid surgery. With no side effects, homeopathy works naturally and gives great results.