Submit a review for Om Institute of Holistic HealingYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nilesh M Joshi to be practical and helped me improve my health. yes turmeric face pack is good for pimples
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nilesh M Joshi to be very helpful. thank you sir i will use this remedies and diet
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nilesh M Joshi to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nilesh M Joshi to be knowledgeable. Good
I satisfied with suggestion of Dr Nilesh for my problem
Recently my face is drying and some white spot are also appearing. I have some pimple (since long time) aslo and reddish patch on my cheek. Please suggest me something.
I am 19 years old female, I have constipation problem from past two years. I had lots of medical treatment for my problem but still it is not OK. Today I had enema with a doctor's advice then too I didn't receive any bowel movement. What is the solution for my problem. My stomach is swollen. I am unable to eat anything.
Aromatherapy involves the usage of essential plant oils in order to improve one's well-being and relieve stress. These oils are sometimes put in a diffuser and allowed to permeate the surrounding air. Stress management can be done using aromatherapy.
How Does Aromatherapy Work? Aromatherapy works by several methods such as aerial diffusion, topical application and inhalation. It can also be used rectally, vaginally or orally in case of infections and congestions. Use of natural essential oils is recommended as synthetic oils are not as effective as natural ones and the synthetic chemicals are harmful to the skin.
Holistic Aromatherapy: Having a massage where essential oils are used is known as holistic aromatherapy. The smell of the essential oil along with the oil getting absorbed by the skin or a tissue massage helps in relieving the worst muscle and joint pains or tension. Holistic aromatherapy is one of the most common ways of aromatherapy.
Along with stress relief, aromatherapy also helps in boosting the body's immunity. The immune system of the body is strengthened by stimulation of chemicals in the brain, which fight infections.
Indirect or Direct Inhalation: Indirect and direct inhalation are primary methods for application of essential oils. By inhaling the oils from a safe distance, our brain tends to slow down and ends up in a level of deep relaxation.
Stress causes a lot of serious health problems in our body and the inhalation modes of aromatherapy are excellent procedures to relax emotional turmoils that lead to extreme stress.
Aesthetic Aromatherapy: This method of aromatherapy involves the use of essential oils in diffusers, burners or in a bath. This popular method is availed by people of different ages. Bathing salts, bath beads and shower gels are made using essential oils, and they soothe the skin. The skin gets pampered and stress is relieved. Scented candles also contain essential oils and provide refreshment and relaxation.
Essential Oils: Essential oils are the main instruments of aromatherapy. These oils are extracted from plants using the methods of steam distillation, cold press and absolute.
The most popular essential oils which are used in aromatherapy for relieving stress are geranium, lavender, peppermint, chamomile, jasmine or lemon grass. Before using these oils, read the labels on the pack carefully to know about the natural ingredients, and they should always be diluted before using in jojoba, olive or coconut oil. The oils can also be applied to handkerchiefs, pillows and other objects.
Aromatherapy uses essential oils to give you great relief from stress. The benefits of aromatherapy are great, and the method is very simple and easy to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Here are 7 proven ways on how organic turmeric can improve your health and happiness. I'm sure that after reading this article you will start adding this miracle spice to your diet every day.
- Fights inflammation naturally: Chronic inflammation is believed to be the culprit of many of our modern diseases. Curcumin, or turmeric's active compound, is found to be a potent anti-inflammatory compound, which matches or even exceeds the effectiveness of many anti-inflammatory drugs available.
- Protects your brain: Cognitive disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer's are often linked to decreased levels of Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), which is a type of growth hormone. Researchers have found that curcumin positively influences the levels of BDNF and may delay or even reverse many brain diseases or age-related decline of our brain functions.
- Reduces the risk of several types of cancer: Organic Turmeric may be one of the most potent natural anti-cancer substances out there. Not only can it prevent cancer growth, but inhibits the development and spread as well and may even hold the natural cure for this dreadful disease.
- Improves digestion: Eating turmeric on a daily basis stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas, and prevents inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Protect your heart: Curcumin has shown to reduce LDL (or bad) cholesterol, prevent blood clotting, and remove plaque buildups in the arteries.
- Soothes symptoms of Arthritis: Although more research is needed in this field, many people report various improvements of their condition. It helps them fight chronic inflammation and reduces the pain too. Some even claim curcumin supplements work better than many OTC or prescribed drugs available on the market today. And without any side effects.
- Delays aging and improves longevity: Free radicals and inflammation are believed to play a major role in aging and curcumin affects both. And given that it also protects our heart and fights cancer, which are 2 of the biggest killers in today's world, it obviously benefits longevity too.
These benefits are only the tip of the iceberg of what organic turmeric can do for you. To improve overall health and happiness, add 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric to smoothies, juices, soups, curries, stir-fries, home made cultured sodas, and dressings on a daily basis.
Curcumin, which is turmeric most active and healing compound, is poorly absorbed by our body. Luckily there are a few ways to up the absorption by up to 2000 percent. Adding a pinch of black pepper is one of them.
Hello doctor I am feeling sick with no fever as sleep getting disturb in mid night paining in full body from last few days gone through blood tests (ESR ,CBC ,LFT )all are normal. Kindly suggest what to do.
Hair fall and dandruff white hair premature whitening of hairs itching on scalp with hair fall other condition called belphirits.
I am 30 year old working mother. Having blocked nose, headache and coughing since 2 days. Suggest a medicine please. No medical history so far. Suggest a mild medicine.
I was suffering from severe fever. I checked my blood and platelets count is only 1.5 and dengue is positive in that test. So what all things should I eat and not eat. Is there any problems becoz of alcohol consumption in this stage?
Allergic rhinitis is also known as hay fever. This is a seasonal cold allergy condition that comes with many symptoms like reddening and watering of eyes, blocked and runny nose, flu, headaches and many others. The causes of hay fever include exposure to dust, nettle, pollen, pet hair and even pollution. While most doctors prescribe anti allergies to deal with this problem, it can also be cured and treated with the help of alternative treatments.
Let us find out about five such treatments:
- Chinese Medicine: Traditional Chinese Medicine is also known as TCM, and it usually works by incorporating eight essential herbs along with massages, acupuncture and dietary tweaks in order to create a basis for treatment. These methods aim at creating a more congenial environment within the body of the patient so that the patient is more equipped to deal with the problem causing allergens that come in from the environment outside.
- Acupuncture and Acupressure: This is also a Chinese form of treatment that aims at redistributing the Qi or Chi, which is the life giving energy within us. With the help of this needle based treatment, the various points in the body are activated so that the Chi quotient is more favourable and fights these allergens and symptoms with greater gusto.
- Ayurveda: This is an ancient life science that originated India. With the use of herbs, condiments and spices in one's everyday life, Ayurveda brings in other methods of treatment including Yogic postures and poses, dietary changes, massages and more in order to treat conditions such as allergic rhinitis. The problem of hay fever or allergic rhinitis may be cured with the use of seven herbs including piper nigrum, terminalia bellerica, piper longum, and others which can help in soothing the symptoms and creating resistance towards the allergens in the long run. Along with this, Jal Neti can also be practised so as to clear the nasal tracts and airways. One should also avoid food that is cold and can give rise to an aggravation of the dosha in question.
- Ointment: The use of herbal allergy absorbing creams and ointments can also help in averting the onset of conditions like allergic rhinitis. These ointments or creams may contain long chain hydrocarbons which can get absorbed into the nasal mucosa.It can be applied three times in a day.
- Capsaicin: Extracted from red peppers, this wonder ingredient can help in desensitising the nerve fibres in thenasal tract which create hyperresponsiveness of the nose. In this way, this ingredient can curb the allergic reaction.
- Gavyamrut Grut: Gavyamrut Grut is made by mixing pure cow ghee with certain herbs. It should be used as nasal drops and is a very effective and time tested remedy for allergic rhinitis.
As a part of the treatment, one must also take care to avoid allergens that cause the allergic rhinitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir I am 39 years male having problem diabetes and high Blood pressure taking regular medicines for the same but my problem is that having problem in erection and early discharge please suggest some treatment for healthy sexual life keeping my medical history.
In Naturopathy, one considers the various natural elements as the main forms of medicine which are used by way of therapy for application on the patient in different ways so as to activate the obstructed points. Mud is considered as one of the most important elements of nature, and is widely used in Naturopathy.
This is called mud therapy. This article will tell you everything you need to know about it!
- Uses of Mud Therapy: Mud is one of the five earth elements that form the basis of all forms of treatment in Naturopathy. Mud therapy is used for many reasons including its cooling properties and the dark colour which absorbs all other colours. The cooling properties of mud make it ideal for use in a mud mask or as a cold compress to soothe inflammation of the surface of the skin. This mud pack can be used a cold compress when given the strong support of cool water.
- Types of Mud: The mineral elements of mud differ from place to place as the rock formation and constitution is different for different places. Black mud is the dark cotton seed oil that is rich in minerals and also has a thick texture that can retain water. Due to its thick consistency, pollutants cannot enter and contaminate it too easily. Further, Dead Sea mud is considered primarily as a beauty enhancing mud with many therapeutic properties as well. It has over twenty different salts and minerals including magnesium, calcium, bromide, silicates and even natural tar. It is best used for softening and cleaning the skin. Moor mud is an organically produced mud that is born from floral residue and has traces of herbs in it too. It can be absorbed easily by the human body and has many essential vitamins, fulvic acids, amino acids and plant hormones which can help in detoxification and healing treatments.
- Mud Packs for the Eyes: This kind of mud pack is particularly beneficial for those people who sit in front of computers screens for prolonged periods of time. You can smear a half inch layer after closing your eyes so that it cools the eyes when mixed with water.
- Mud Packs for the Abdomen: This mud pack can be applied on the stomach for at least twenty minutes or even half an hour. Further, you can put a blanket over it if the weather is too cold, so that better absorption happens. This helps in better digestion.
- Mud Packs for the Head: Applying these mud packs on the head can also help in giving relief from congestion and headaches.
It is important to know the consistency and measurement of the ingredients required to make mud packs at home.