Doctor in Nidaan Hospital
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Nidaan HospitalYour feedback matters!
My sperm has fallen on the vagina of my wife? We don't have anal intercourse at that time only oral sex, and my sperms out over her vagina. Should I worry about unwanted pregnancy?
I have diabetes mellitus now I conceive my second baby any issues may occur during my pregnancy and pls share some tips for what I have to do during pregnancy.
I am 42 years old, I am suffering from heel pain while standing/walking a long and also before periods come. So what to do and why?
Hello doctor. I have done my hsg. My result is 1. Filling defect seen at the base of uterus 2. Both fallopian tubes are opacified with dilatation seen suggestive of hydrosalphinx 3. No spillage of contrast seen bilaterally. Can Dr. explain my result and I should do so I can get pregnant.
What is the main cause of painful intercourse I am 29 years old and trying to conceive from last 9 months my partner had sperm count problem after he took medicine now he is fine but I am still confused why we can not conceive what should I do?
Hello doc. I have to go for urination in the night 2-3 times. N this problem is from last one month. M taking medicines for PCOD n thyroid. Is this normal or a symptom of some kind of disease?
Pls help me Dr. Actually I was 20 days pregnant and yesterday night I ate first tablet of unwanted kit bcoz I do not want baby now but now is it possible if I do not want to abort it pls help me mai abort ni krna chahti so pls btaiye kya us ek tablet se effect hua hoga.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With IVF, couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
The tissue that lines the uterus is known as the endometrium. In some cases, it can grow outside the uterus. This is known as endometriosis. Endometriosis usually involves organs in the pelvic cavity such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, bowel and lining of the pelvic cavity. In rare cases, it may involve the vagina, cervix and bladder as well.
Depending on the location and extent of endometrial tissue, it can be classified into four stages ranging from minimal to severe. Most cases of endometriosis fall into the minimal or mild category which involves mild scarring and superficial tissue implants. Moderate or severe endometriosis can cause cysts and severe scarring. Infertility is also commonly associated with severe endometriosis.
Pain in the pelvic area just before and during menstruation is one of the most characteristic symptoms of this disorder. This is because the overgrown endometrial tissue acts like normal endometrial tissue and is shed during menstruation. The only difference is that since there is no exit for this overgrown tissue, it is trapped in the pelvic cavity. The location of the implantation of endometrial tissue also plays a role in the amount of pain experienced. The deeper the implant, more the pain. Implants near areas with high nerve density are also more likely to be painful than implants in areas with low nerve density. These implants may also release substances into the blood stream that can cause pain.
Other symptoms associated with this disorder are:
- Painful intercourse
- Painful urination
- Pain during bowel movements
These symptoms especially the pelvic pain can vary from month to month in terms of duration and intensity.
A few simple changes in your diet can help manage the symptoms associated with this disorder and in some cases, prevent it as well. Avoid processed food and foods that are high in sodium content. You should also avoid high-fat dairy and food that is rich in arachidonic acid. Instead, increase your consumption of carbs and green leafy vegetables. You could also add two tablespoons of walnut oil a day to your diet to help combat inflammation and the other effects of arachidonic acid.
Early stages of this disease can be treated with hormone therapy, but if it has progressed to the later stages, surgery may be needed. This surgery is performed laparoscopically and aims at removing all the implanted tissue from outside the uterus. However, in cases where the anatomy of the pelvic organs has been distorted by the implants, a hysterectomy may be required. This option, however, it usually considered only in cases where a woman does not have any plans of conceiving more children.
Are you experiencing a low libido or reduced sex drive lately? This is referred to as frigidity. The lack of sexual desire can arise from various psychological issues which need to be addressed. In some cases, a woman may experience low libido, refuses to have sex, and avoids sexual intimacy. In other cases, she may face difficulties in getting aroused or may experience pain or discomfort during sex. Frigidity can occur from both emotional, and physical issues, which cause great strain and distress to a woman’s relationships.
If the lack of sexual desire, or frigidity becomes a major problem in your relationship, you can opt for various treatment options, depending on the underlying cause of frigidity, and the symptoms experienced.
Communication problems between a woman and her partner is a common reason which leads to frigidity in women. In a case of emotional problems, you should open up, or consult a psychologist for counselling.
Physical problems also cause frigidity and low libido in women. For this, you need to talk to a gynaecologist, or a general practitioner.
Sexuality involves several complex emotions and behaviour patterns, starting from romance, the feeling of intimacy, security to the feelings of desire and sensuality. There is no switch for intimacy which can be turned on when a partner wants to have sex. The situation or scenario has to feel right and comfortable before mutual enjoyment can be achieved.
Cures for Frigidity
Here are some effective ways of curing frigidity:
- Counselling of both the partners is required when frigidity is caused because of relationship problems.
- Psychotherapy is important for getting rid of your insecurities and hidden fears.
- Certain dietary modifications are essential. You should add oysters, avocados, olive oil, eggs, soy, pumpkin seeds, nuts, sprouts, soy, vitamin E, zinc, and chocolates to your diet.
- You can utilise herbs such as Damiana, chive, Kava Kava, wild yam, sarsaparilla, dong quai, ginger root, and Siberian ginseng for curing frigidity naturally. You can also use curative products made with the mentioned herbs, such as certain capsules, and gels.
- Regular exercise and yoga are important for boosting your sexual health.
- You may spend time with your husband watching erotic movies or reading erotic books together.
- You should sleep for long hours for uplifting your sexual desire.
- You should get rid of stress via methods such as spas, meditation, and other mindful exercises for unleashing your sexual potential.
- You can also take medicines which are DHEA and testosterone based for curing frigidity.
If you experience the symptoms of female frigidity and do not get aroused sexually, you must not ignore the matter and take professional help for curing it.