Doctor in Seven Star Multispeciality Hospital
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Sleeping Problem
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Counselling And Stress Management
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Seven Star Multispeciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Seven Star Multispeciality Hospital Reviews
Dr. Priti Khatu provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you mam. God bless you
Seven Star Multispeciality Hospital Feeds
An idle mind is a devil’s workshop. When there is too much time on your hands with nothing to do, you end up thinking about things which are not going well, leading to depression. Come to think of it, if there is nothing that you can do to improve it, there is no point in wasting time over it. On the other hand, if there is something to improve the situation, just go ahead and do it, so everybody involved is happy. However, if there are too many other factors which are beyond control, then you need to see how to change your outlook towards it.
One such effective way is to keep yourself busy and distract yourself from it. The following are some simple measures, which can be very effective in dealing with stress.
- Sleep it off: One of the main reasons for depression is the physical exhaustion and lack of good rest. So, it is good once in a while to just sleep it off and give your body the much-deserved rest. This gives the brain a chance to begin to heal and feel better.
- Clean up the house: The home or the space you enter into indirectly indicates your state of mind. A clean home and workspace mean that much less clutter in the brain. Clean out the closet, give away your old stuff, and in the process, you would end up feeling good about having helped somebody. You will also realize how much excess stuff you have collected over the years. Stacked up in the attic and cartons, these were meant for use on “some fine day”, which never seemed to arrive.
- Exercise: Force yourself to exercise. While initially, it would be an ordeal, gradually you will enjoy it. Exercise also releases chemicals in the brain, which make you feel good about yourself. In addition, the physical benefits will start to show up, leaving you feeling elated and in a chirpier mood.
- Travel: When you go solo traveling, the amount of time you spend with yourself just increases. The changed surroundings will help you understand yourself better and come to terms with things that can be under your control. You learn to let go of things and come to terms with life. If time and money are limitations, go out and explore places in your own surrounding city or town. You will realize how little you know the city or town you live in.
- Hobbies: Whether it is learning to play the guitar or speak Spanish, pick something that you have always wanted to do over the years and work at it. You will see the depression vanish in no time.
Depression is a genuine condition that affects the brain. Anyone experiencing depression will let you know, that it is not “just in your head”. Depression is more than simply feeling down. It is a serious sickness brought about by changes in the brain’s science.
A lot of factors add to it including hereditary qualities changes in hormone levels, certain restorative conditions, stress, sorrow or troublesome life conditions. Depression can be caused by many factors. In spite of the fact that researchers think that depression is a brain issue; the verbal confrontation tells us about correct causes. Many factors may add to the problem of depression, including hereditary qualities, changes in hormone levels, certain therapeutic diseases, stress, pain, or substance abuse. Any of these factors alone or together can tell the particular changes in the brain’s science that lead to the numerous signs of depression.
Some of the treatments for depression are as follows:
- Workout: General exercise can be as important as taking medications for depression. Not just exercise helps serotonin, endorphins, and other great happiness chemicals, it triggers the development of new brain cells just like antidepressants do.
- The right kind of food: Eating right is critical for both your physical and psychological well-being. Eating little but around six meals a day can help you keep your energy up and minimise state of mood swings. While you might be attracted to sugary foods for the brisk help they give, complex starches are a better decision.
- Rest: Rest strongly affects the state of mind. When you do not get enough rest, your depressive side effects will be more terrible. Lack of sleep leads to irritation, gloom, pity, and tiredness. Make sure that you are getting enough rest every night. Not many individuals do well if they sleep for less than seven hours a night.
- Social support: Solid informal organisations decrease detachment, which is a key hazard figure for depression. Stay in touch with loved ones, or think about joining a class or group therapy. Volunteering is a magnificent approach to get social support and help other people while additionally helping yourself.
- Stress decrease: Roll out improvements throughout your life to overcome and diminish stress. An excessive amount of stress leads to depression and puts you at risk for future breakdowns.
- Relaxing techniques: Relaxing systems may decrease stress and support sentiments of satisfaction and prosperity. Attempt yoga, deep breathing, dynamic muscle relaxation and meditation.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture, the method of using fine needles on particular points on the body for remedial reasons, is progressively being explored as a treatment for depression, with some examinations demonstrating promising outcomes. In case that you choose to attempt acupuncture, ensure that you locate an authorised specialist.
Trust issues can destroy any relationship. Trust deficiency creates a feeling of insecurity and makes a person ponder over his partner’s faithfulness, genuineness and truthfulness. As a matter of fact, trust is essential for any relationship, be it a romantic, friendly or business relationship.
Here is a list of 5 ways by which you can sort out the trust issues and save your relationship from getting ruined:
- Figure out the root cause: Trust issues can arise from a lot of factors. There are people who have a natural tendency to distrust people for no particular reason. This can arise from a variety of reasons such as the way a person is nurtured, defence mechanism, confidence and so on. Make sure you know the reasons for which you are distrusting your partner. Identifying the root cause helps to sort it out quickly.
- Keep an open communication channel: The majority of the trust issues arise from lack of communication. It is, therefore, very important to have a very open communication channel with your partner. Keeping a doubt to yourself do not do any good for your relationship. A matter which might be causing you distress needs to be clarified and get over with. Apart from clearing doubts and mistrusts, good communication strengthens the bond with your partner.
- Gain trust: You partner will only place trust in you if you do the same. In order to achieve this, take the lead. Trust your partner wholeheartedly devoid of doubts. Once this happens, your partner will feel a lot more at ease and would be willing to trust you. The key to achieving this is to make sure that you do not place any doubt on your partner to start with. While this might sound a little difficult in the beginning, the results are fruitful.
- Do not be spooky: At times we become overly curious about our partner's activity and doubt them for all the wrong reasons. While a critical analysis of a particular behaviour of your partner might make you suspicious, to gain trust, it is essential that you do not judge your partner more often. Most things or activities are done by your partner are aimed with good intentions. It makes sense to appreciate those rather than becoming too judgmental about it.
- Do not compare your life with others: Many times trust issues arise out of nowhere. One tries to imagine problems that he or she might have heard or seen with their close ones. Try to appreciate your life with all the good and bad in it. Comparing your life with your friend’s can unnecessarily crop trust issues in your life.