Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Just DiabetesYour feedback matters!
Sir my sugar level fasting 213 in six months back and at present (just control food- without any medicine 177). Is it necessary to take any medicine to control my sugar level.
Living with diabetes can be tough, the manifestation of the condition can significantly disrupt the normal routine. If you are looking at treatment options for diabetes, then know that Ayurveda can be of help, not just in managing the condition but by effectively curing it.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder where the body is unable to make the right usage of glucose because of insufficient production of insulin resulting in a high level of sugar in the blood. According to Ayurveda, diabetes is a disease in which a large quantity of turbid urine is frequently passed and can be cured using panchakarma therapy technique.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes - 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta, and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
The Panchakarma Therapies for Diabetes
Ayurveda attempts to identify the symptoms appropriately and then takes to prevent the disease from progressing further. The treatment procedures in Ayurveda involves the use of herbal medicines, modifications in the diet, changes in the lifestyle to a healthy one and exercise that includes yoga and pranayama. Another most crucial step is the known as the Panchakarma, a procedure to purify the body.
1. Herbal Medicines: Ayurveda uses a number of herbal medicines like madhunashini, bilva, haridra, jambhulbeej, shilajit, kutaj, shuddha guggul, tulshi andaamlaki for effectively keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control so that it does not rise further thereby preventing diabetes from worsening.
2. Panchakarma: Panchakarma is the primary purification, and the detoxification treatment carried out by Ayurveda for the cure of diabetes. The procedures used in panchakarma are, abhyanga swedan, basti, and vierchena. The diabetic patients can be highly benefitted by relaxing effects from the abhyanga therapy. It involves massage using pre-medicated herbal oils. It also helps in the reduction of stress and muscles at the same time which results in a sense of well - being. Swedan is an herbal steam bath that opens the pores for flushing out the toxins and cleansing the body through the excreted sweat by the skin.
Basti involves the cleansing of the body through the rectum by the introduction of certain medicinal oils through the anal region under the supervision of an expert. Vierchena is a specially medicated purification therapy which helps in the removal of the toxins from the body of the affected individual that are accumulated in the gallbladder and the liver.
Thus, panchakarma is extremely useful in the maintenance of the proper level of sugar in the blood and at the same time play a crucial role in the prevention of further complications of the disease.
Ayurvedic Tips for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
Diabetes might not be the end of the road for you. While it is a chronic disorder, there are a number of steps you can take to minimize its effects. Before that you should know what diabetes is and its various types.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder where the sugar in your blood is not metabolized by the body. This leads to a situation wherein sugar accumulates in your blood; this condition is known as high blood sugar. Now this can happen in two ways:
Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the beta cells of the pancreas that produce insulin (hormone that metabolizes sugar) are destroyed by the immune system of the body. This leads to reduction in insulin levels, causing blood sugar to shoot up.
Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is a condition wherein the body cannot effectively utilize the insulin to metabolize sugar. This again leads to accumulation of sugar in the blood.
Now that you know the various types of diabetes, it is time to focus on the preventive measures. The various tips for high blood sugar level are:
Steer Clear of Sugar: Think of sugar as your enemy, as it is something that you have to stay away from. Sugar will only add to the high blood sugar content that you are already diagnosed with.
Welcome whole grains with open arms: Refined grains are a big no; that means no more of those delicious white bread sandwiches. Instead, opt for whole grains such as brown bread, brown rice and oats. Refined grains come under simple carbohydrates that cause your blood sugar levels to shoot up.
Avoid over consumption of fruits: While fruits are healthy, they do contain fructose which is again, a form of sugar. So, yes eat them but limit their consumption to one serving a day.
High time you realize nothing substitutes exercise: Regular exercise can help you burn calories and also keep your blood sugar levels low. It allows you to maintain healthy weight levels and improves your overall wellbeing.
Take no stress: Stress has been shown to increase blood sugar, so if you are feeling stressed and can’t seem to get out of with, take steps to deal with it. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation that can help you reduce stress and improve focus.
The thyroid is a small gland located on the neck. When the thyroid gland functions normally, it is easy to ignore it but an underactive or overactive thyroid gland can cause a number of problems. An underactive thyroid gland is known as hypothyroidism. In this case, the gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. This, in turn, lowers metabolism. Your diet plays a large role in influencing the functioning of the thyroid gland. Some of the foods you should avoid in cases of hypothyroidism are:
This includes vegetables such as cabbage, bok choi, kale, sprouts, and broccoli. These vegetables restrict the thyroid’s ability to absorb iodine which in turn lowers the functionality of the thyroid gland. While you do not need to completely avoid these vegetables, you should restrict their intake to less than 5 ounces each day. Cooking these vegetables can also help reduce their effect.
Soy products are rich in plant-based phytoestrogen. This hormone interferes with the body’s ability to use the thyroid hormone. It can worsen hypothyroidism and even increase the risk of hypothyroidism. However, this has not been scientifically proven and hence there are no specific dietary guidelines on how much should be eaten. To be on the safe side, consume soy products in moderation and avoid them whenever possible.
Hypothyroidism is yet another reason to avoid fatty foods. Fats interfere with the body’s ability to absorb thyroid hormone as well as thyroid hormone replacement drugs. It also lowers the production of thyroid hormone and thus aggravates hypothyroidism. Ideally, you should avoid fatty foods such as red meat, fatty fish, butter, mayonnaise etc. You should also avoid foods that are deep fried. Instead, try steaming or baking your food.
Many dieticians refer to sugar as empty calories. These calories do not have any nutrients but can slow down the body’s metabolism rate. It also leads to weight gain that furthers aggravates hypothyroidism as well as other lifestyle disorders such as diabetes. Limit your sugar consumption to 1-2 spoons a day or try and eliminate it completely. You could also try replacing sugar with honey to sweeten your tea.
An excessive amount of anything including fiber can be detrimental to the body. Too much fiber can create complications in the treatment of hypothyroidism. Thus, you should not consume more than 35 grams of fiber a day. This can take the form of whole grains, legumes, fruits, vegetables, and beans.
I am 67 Year old male At Present My Thyroid is 3.25 BP 130/78 serum Creatinine 1.45 Uric Aid under normal value Fasting 86 I am experiencing slight swelling in lower legs during day time working hrs. Feeling some swelling of heaviness in calf and face, what could be the problem For BP Taking Tab Cilacar-20 of J B Chemicals.
My prostrate volume is 45 cc. I am a diabetic. I am aged 56 years. Since 1 week I am having back ache also.
I have diabetic neuropathy and was prescribed duzela 30, I r duzela 30 is a medicine for antidepressant and diabetic neuropathy, want to understand is this a mood change medicine (like anti depression) or it is more of a nerve pain killer or just strengthen the nerves and ensure there is no further damage?
HI, I am suffering from full body pain and i have gone through lab test i got high uric acid and blood level is low please suggest me what to do.
My sugar level is between 90 to100 fasting taking methmorfin 500 in morning with strict diet and exercise this month last month same sugar level taking methmorfin 500 morning and evening diabetes is diagnosed three months ago is it possible to withdraw methmorfin.
My microalbium creatine ratio is 125 mcg. I on insulin. Is this ratio is normal for diabetic. Pl suggest what precaution I have to take. Thanks. It is for me.
I'm taking thyronorm 75 mg bt still my tsh is still 8.75 im not able to understand y my levels r not coming to normal .i was diagnosed thyroid during my 3rd pregnancy. N my weight is also nt reducing it is 67.8 n my height us 5.4 help me as my im having giddiness also .thanks a lot.
I am 55 years old and diabetic for past 7 years. I have post breakfast sugar level of 200. Currently I am taking "glycomet gp 1 forte" in both morning and evening. In the afternoon I am talking "kombiglyze xr 5/500" Kindly suggest alternative medicine to "kombiglyze xr 5/500" as it is very costly and has not improved my sugar levels also. Thanks.
I have high triglyceride (around 600), high uric acid and nonalcoholic fatty lever stage -2. So I need detail food chart and also if required medicine and also suggestion how to cure.
My husband's age is 39 he has thyroid his tsh value is 10, is his thyroid is very high if so what should you suggest for him and he is afraid to eat any thing.
I have been suffering from diabetes. What food habits do I diet for. And how it cure by daily habits.
Is thyroid a curable disease? Give a diet plan on what to eat and what should not eat for a thyroid patient.
It is extremely remarkable to note how homeopathic treatments have gained immense acceptance and recognition in the field of modern-day treatment procedures, offering the most effective and safe medication options. A number of thyroid problems can, in fact, be alleviated with the help of homeopathic remedies, also saving you the trouble of encountering unwanted and unforeseen side effects of the normal prescription drugs. The most common problems pertaining to the thyroid gland are possibly hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Both the conditions can be cured with utmost efficacy when the right drugs are prescribed.
Hypothyroidism And Homeopathy
Hypothyroidism is the medical condition wherein the thyroid gland underperforms and produces insufficient amount of hormones required for the normal functioning of the body. The most effective homeopathic remedies for hypothyroidism are:
- Nux Vomica: This remedy is usually recommended to those patients who suffer from extreme temperament and ones who feel chilly often without any particular reason. Obstinate constipation in the patients is also curbed by this medicine. Women with prolonged periods are also prescribed Nux Vomica to decrease the incidence of period related problems.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: Patients of hypothyroidism who complain of gastric troubles are the ones who usually opt for Lycopodium Clavatum. Excessive hair fall as a result of hypothyroidism can also be cured with it.
- Calcera Carbonica: It is usually ranked as the best medicine for treating hypothyroidism, especially in patients who suffer from cold feet, extreme fatigue, and bowel problems.
Hyperthyroidism And Homeopathy
A condition wherein the thyroid gland tends to be overactive and produces more than the requisite level of hormones is usually referred to as a classic case of hyperthyroidism. Homeopathic treatments for this abnormality aim at treating the root causes to achieve best results:
- Lachesis Mutus: Hyperthyroidism patients who persistently complain of rising body heat are prescribed this. It also lessens the problems of fatigue and queasiness.
- Iodium: Patients who lose their weight quickly despite maintaining a healthy diet are prescribed doses of Iodium. Anxiousness and fatigue are also cured along with other problems.
- Conium Maculatum: Patients who suffer from acute depression and refuse to participate in day-to-day activities are generally given this. Trembling and profuse perspiration are treated effectively with the help of Conium Maculatum.