Doctor in IKA Children's Centre
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for IKA Children's CentreYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old from nigeria, for the past two years I got a knee injury which makes my knee to be buckled for sometimes when excess weight applied on the particular knee when I played football or walking, please how can I do?
Breaking a bone can be counted among one of the most painful experiences that one can possibly suffer from. Inflicted usually by external injuries, fractured bones generally require surgeries for recuperation. In the occasion of minor fractures however, plasters often facilitate recovery. Although these are the primary treatments that are meted out, recovering from fractured bones entail much more. For some, the time to restore normalcy takes longer than others. In such cases, one tends to opt for palliatives to ease out the pain.
Homeopathic medicines not only offer respite to the pain but also provide a holistic cure for the emotional anxiety one goes through in such times. Many therefore seek out homeopathic remedies for treating bone fractures. Some of the most effective antidotes in this regard have been enlisted below.
1. Arnica: Arnica is extremely helpful at curbing swelling and as a consequence, reducing pain. Prolonged use of Arnica can potentially minimize the swelling to absolute normalcy.
2. Hypericum: This soothes the fracture induced pains, especially when the fractures affect the nerves. This is a beneficial remedy for fractures in fingers, toes and the spinal regions.
3. Bryonia: Bryonia is known to bring relief in cases of the jarring pain that surfaces post trauma. Sometimes, even the slightest movement in the affected area can lead to a lot of distress. This is an ideal cure for such cases.
4. Calcarea Phosphorica: This speeds up the healing process following a bone fracture. Consumption of Calcarea Phosphorica accords a calming effect on the moods of the patient and helps to deal better with the pain, anxiety and irritability in the due course.
5. Eupatorium Perfoliatum: This helps in mitigating deep wounds and the consequent aches. The healing powers of Eupatorium Perfoliatum are extremely pervasive and results in quicker recovery.
6. Ruta Graveolens: This re-nourishes the damaged body fibers and soothes the bruised areas. It is also known to reduce restlessness.
7. Symphytum: It is extremely helpful in the rejoining of bones. It enables the body to heal faster and effectively cures joint pains.
Please help me. From a few days, my left shoulder is causing pain on movement. It feels like two bones inside the shoulder is striking each other. And its paining very much. When I sit on the support of my left hand by keeping palms on the cheek, during I get up and down or move my body it pains. I hope you understood the problem. Please help.
Doc mre wrist m pain h, jb bhi mai wrist ghumati hu ya modti hu to pain hota ya koi heavy saman uthati hu to pain hota h, mne x-ray krwa k bhi dkh liya pr kch n nikla, sare doc pain killer de dte h.phle ek hath k wrist m drd tha ab dono m suru ho gya h .Ointment v kam n krte, wo lgati hu to chote chote dane pimple ho jate h wrist k pas, phone use krti hu to bhi pain hota h ,plse doc koi medicine btaiye jisse y thik ho jay jo v hua ho, plse help me doc,
I am 47 year old female. I had a fracture in the left ankle two years ago and had a plaster on for one month. After 1 year I had a sprain in the same left ankle and had a plaster again for a week. I was given some medicines but I have not got any relief. I can not walk for a long time and can not even run. It also becomes heavy making it difficult to walk. What should I do?
Hi sir/madam my mother has sciatica pain from last 5 years please tell me any medicine or treatment for this pain.
I am having pain in my left shoulder upper side from last 3-4 days. I thought it was because I slept to side for whole night but then I saw a little lump on my left side of neck. It seems to be like having a clot in my vein or a little lump in my vein due to which I am having pain in my left shoulder for whole time. Please suggest me or tell me which doctor should I visit and what problem I have.
Are you prone to slipped disc problem? + the ideal way to treat it
A slipped disc, also known as a prolapsed disc or herniated disc, is the term given to the phenomenon that occurs when a cartilaginous disc found between the vertebrae in the spine becomes slightly displaced or protrudes, thereby pressing on the nerves in the adjacent areas and causing back pain.
This happens when the soft inner part of the disc, known as nucleus pulposus, bulges out through a weakness in the exterior part of the disc. A prolapsed disc usually occurs in the lower region of the spine and can be of varying sizes. There might even be the development of inflammation around the disc in some cases.
Who is likely to get affected?
Most cases of herniated disc occur in patients between the ages of 30 and 50. The number of men affected is twice as many as the number of women.
Although the root cause of this problem is not yet known, there are a number of factors that may trigger it. These factors include working at a job that requires a lot of lifting, an occupation that involves remaining in a seated position for a long time, weight-bearing sports, obesity, smoking habits and increasing age.
Effective ways of treating the problem
The different methods that are commonly used to treat the problem are:
- Medications - There are many different kinds of medicines that are effective in providing relief. These include painkillers, muscles relaxants, anti-inflammatory pills, etc.
- Spinal injections - A number of spinal injections are used to treat slipped discs. The injection is done at the opening where the inflamed nerve roots are found and reduces pain, swelling and irritation in the area.
- Radiofrequency ablation - This procedure makes use of an electrical current produced by radio waves to reduced pain and sensitivity in the affected area.
- Ozone discectomy - As opposed to the surgical removal of the prolapsed disc, this new process makes use of an ozone-oxygen mixture that is injected into the spine to treat the problem. Many international studies have proved its superiority to traditional methods and surgeries.
Those affected by this problem are advised to keep exercising and continuing with their everyday activities as best as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!