Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Niron HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Uday Kumar Ghosh
As told to give me feedback after one month, I am feeling quite o.k now, only problem I am feeling slight pain right now while stretching left leg from the hip ies in between left leg joint and just below the left side of the lower abdomen
Thanks to dr Lokesh Sharoff of Niron Hospital in Mumbai.he gave me the best treatment to solve my problem of Back Pain. I will recommend his name to others who are suffering with same problem.thanks to him.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lokesh Sharoff to be very helpful. Its help ful but I dont know how to send online report?
Dr. Lokesh Sharoff provides answers that are prompt. Thanks sir Mai chakkar se bhi Bohot pareshan hoon mera sir bohot ghoomta hai
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lokesh Sharoff to be very helpful. Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lokesh Sharoff to be practical. yes sir u were right now m gud thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Lokesh Sharoff to be well-reasoned. Thanks
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to be most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is inflammed. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and acts as a shock absorber. Tears form in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to put weight on the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. Consult a doctor for accurate medicines !!
An ankle sprain can make life miserable. A sudden twist or stretching (due to incorrect walking, incorrect posture, wearing high heels, walking on an uneven and rough surface, exercise, games) can result in ligament(s) tear (partial or complete tear), affecting the ankle. An ankle sprain is often confused with a twisted ankle. However, the two are different as chalk and cheese. A sprained ankle can be extremely painful, taking few weeks to months to heal completely (depending on the severity).
An ankle sprain is independent of age and sex, affecting anyone and everyone under the sun. The symptoms characteristic of an ankle sprain includes:
- The affected region of the ankle may swell up immediately.
- Difficulty in walking. In severe forms, a person may find it difficult to place a step.
- The area appears bruised and tender.
- Excruciating pain and discomfort (severe case).
- Stiffness and, in some cases, discoloration of the skin around the tear.
At no point should the sprain be taken lightly. Seek medical assistance at the earliest. Negligence on your part can aggravate the situation. In extreme cases, an ankle sprain can add to your agony and discomfort, affecting the joints, bones, blood vessels, tendons, and cartilage.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Accurate diagnosis can make the treatment effective, thus accelerating the recovery process. In case of an ankle sprain;
- Physical examination of the affected area and a thorough case study is an important diagnostic step followed by many doctors.
- X-ray of the affected ankle region can help in a better and more accurate diagnosis.
The course of treatment depends on the extent of the damage. In case of a minor sprain, doctors mostly recommend
- Keeping the affected ankle area bandaged (ACE bandage) and well protected. A crutch or a brace is a blessing for people who face difficulty in walking.
- Time and again, apply a cold compress on the sprained ankle. A cold compress can help reduce the swelling effectively.
- In case of extreme pain and swelling, your doctor may recommend an acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen
- Rest as much as possible. While sleeping, use cushions or pillows to keep the leg elevated.
Precaution and Care:
A little alertness and agility on your part can help to deal with an ankle sprain better.
- In the case of a severe sprain, try and avoid self-medication as much as possible. It can do you more harm than good.
- Exert minimum or no pressure on the affected ankle area.
- Indulge in some strengthening exercise as recommended by your physician. It is advisable that you warm up before any exercise.
- Avoid heavy, strenuous work as much as possible.
- Wearing correct footwear is important. Women who have had an ankle sprain should avoid wearing heel shoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Since last 5 days I have started feeling pain in my hips and the joints and lower thighs and in knee, sometimes I feel severe pain in right leg lower thigh I never felt like this before and I don't understand what happening to me In February 2017 I met with an accident and I was hit on my head that caused blood clots however that problem was resolved, is this accident can be related to this problem.
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal in which the spinal cord and nerves are present, is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. Majority of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the cervical and lumbar spine. In the lower back in some cases, it leads to pain and weakness of the leg, which occurs due to constriction of the nerve roots.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging and degenerative changes, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumour of the spine.
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power to the spine and legs. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active and reducing the rate of degeneration. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over, people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build up muscle strength.
- Generally, the patients are counselled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they FLEX FORWARD. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker, sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants and gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants in small doses might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medicines, the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.
My mom is suffering from knee pain and most of the doctors have advised knee replacement as the only option. I wish to know first is there any alternative to knee replacement surgery. Second in case of knee replacement for both knees what will be the overall expenses in Navi Mumbai. Thirdly what is the time duration for operation (both legs) and what is overall time period for recovery.
Pain in two or more joints in the body is known as multiple joint pain. Pain may occur either when a joint moves or when it is at rest. Sometimes, the pain might stem from the muscles, ligaments, or tendons. Examples of such conditions include tendinitis and bursitis.
Arthritis may be associated with the pelvis or spine joints. Different disorders affect different joints and the causes and treatment options vary accordingly. There are some disorders which affect the same joint on both the sides of the body, such as both hands and the knees. In certain disorders, the pain resulting from arthritis keeps on moving from one joint to another (migratory arthritis).
Most of the time, the root cause is arthritis. However, the reasons which cause arthritis are different from each other, in the way:
The types of joints involved.
The number of joints involved.
Whether the central area of the skeleton is involved or not.
Whether it is chronic arthritis (longstanding) or acute arthritis (sudden).
Acute arthritis which affects multiple joints can be due to:
Chronic arthritis causing pain in multiple joints is most commonly due to:
The most common joint disorders are:
Fibromyalgia (widespread tenderness and pain in the muscles)
Bursitis (inflammation of the joint cushions) or tendinitis (inflammation of the tissues which connect the bone to the muscle)
Polymyalgia rheumatica (stiffness and muscle pain, primarily in the shoulders)
Warning Signs Include:
Swelling and redness of the joints.
Fever, chills or sweat.
Drugs and medications are needed to treat autoimmune disorders. The autoimmune response of the immune system is suppressed with the help of these drugs. These medications include immunosuppressive medications, pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) help in reducing inflammation.
A sling or splint bag immobilizes the joint, which relieves the pain.
The application of heat with a heating pad will lessen the pain to a great extent.
Cold application with ice cubes wrapped in a cloth will provide relief.
Consult an orthopaedic doctor to know you type of multiple joint pain and an accurate treatment for it.
Hello doctor .i am getting pain in the knee area of right leg from many days .can you ppl suggest me that what to do.
I am 43 years with history of kidney disease FSGS. I am suffering with knee joint pains, but doctor advised to do walking which I am not able to do. How to make my knee joints normal.
The problem of morning back and neck pain may be due to the position of sleeping or it may be related to inflammatory arthritis which can be familial. Morning back pain is largely related to wrong sleeping posture and less commonly due to arthritic conditions like Ankylosing Spondylitis or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Whatever be the cause- this condition requires attention by an Orthopedic doctor as it may worsen in due course of time and should not be taken lightly.
Some common factors causing this are:
- Mattress: Too soft or too hard a mattress might induce back ache after sleep. For people with waist and hips of equal proportion, a firmer mattress would do well. For those with narrower waist than their hips, a flexible and softer mattress that can move with the pelvic weight would be a perfect choice. Refrain from using old hardened mattresses.
- Pillow: The pillow you use must be able to render support to your neck naturally. Instead of using excessively firm or soft pillow, try substituting it with memory foam pillows, refillable water pillows or cervical support pillows.
- Posture: Not changing your position while sleeping or sleeping on the belly exerts strain on the back muscles, causing pain. On the other hand, sleeping on the back or on the sides causes comparatively less strain on the spine.
- Other causes such as strenuous workouts or physical activities or sitting at a stretch during the day might cause pain while sleeping or after getting up from bed.
Remedies for Morning Back Pain:
Fortunately, there are some home remedies to cure the morning back pain.
- Switching your mattress is a more expensive remedy for back pain, but may often be the ultimate cure. Most people sleep the best on medium-firm mattresses. Be sure to try out the mattress before you buy it.
- For occasional back pain after sleeping, apply heat to your back to relax your muscles before you go to bed and when you get up in the morning.
- Massage your back with pain relieving creams and apply heat on it with a heating pad for quick relief.
- Specific spinal stretching exercises and Planks (a type of exercise) can greatly help in easing back pain, if done on a regular basis.
- It is always recommended to CONSULT an Orthopaedic doctor if you suffer from morning back pain.
My mother is of 48 year old she has fall from stairs there is fracture in rib bones some bones are pressed also pls help me she is in to much pain.
Sir, I am 24 year old from delhi. I am having slip disc since march 2014 at L4-L5 level. Due to this my basic functionalities of body is affected like I can not bend forward, can't lift minor weight, can't run, can't do exercises to keep myself fit and so on. Last year I found out in another MRI, minor slip disc at L5-S1, which is causing numbness in my left leg. This introduces hindrance in my walking like I am not able to walk more than 300 metres. My leg hurts. I am also having cervical since one year at C4-C5. Lower back slip disc doesn't allow me to sit for long time and cervical problem doesn't allow me to study on bed while lying on my back as my neck hurts immediately when I start so. Ultimately my sufferings are affecting both my personal life and my educational life. Sir I am ashamed to ask but it is mandatory for me to know is there any law by which I can avail physically handicapped relaxations. I don't knot know what to do with my life. I am completely depressed. Please help me.
Shoulder impingement is a serious condition leading to severe pain in the shoulder blades of a person. Such kind of shoulder pain may affect anybody anytime. It basically affects the area of your shoulder facing stress due to any sort of overhead action. An impactful pressure on the tendons of bones constituting your shoulder gives rise to this disorder. This syndrome can affect a person who paints, swims, lifts or plays tennis on a regular basis. Once caused, persistent rendering of similar activities can worsen the case. If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome, treatment under an experienced medical practitioner is indeed necessary as otherwise, you may have to suffer from tendinitis or bursitis.
Take a keen look at the symptoms of shoulder impingement
1. Disabling pain in and around the shoulders
2. Under the effect of such excruciating pain, a person has restricted use of his or her arms and neck. He or she will face difficulties in reaching to a higher position above his or head. Aiming up behind your back will also be a challenge with the existence of this syndrome.
3. There is considerable weakness in the muscles of your shoulders, preventing you from working with full vigor
4. If left unattended, shoulder impingement can worsen to cause Rotator Cuff Tear where the tendons tear into two distinctive parts.
Available modes of treatment
1. A doctor might prescribe you anti- inflammatory drugs to relieve you from excess pain. These drugs should only be taken under the close monitoring of a specialist as they might have acute side effects. You might feel nauseous or might have an upset stomach after consuming these medications.
2. Stretching your arms above your head while holding your body in an erect posture can be of great help. This stretching exercise should be tried out in a warm shower for better results.
3. Other exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist can come to your rescue as well. You should try to move your thumb up your back to recuperate from shoulder impingement.