Myself Dr Shilpa Bansal consultant gynaecologist at Harleys Clinic, Mumbai at Andheri West.
Today I am going to talk about a common endocrinal abnormality imbalance which is happening known as Polycystic ovarian syndrome. According to the present statistics about 20 to 25% of Indian females suffered with it, Polycystic ovarian syndrome becomes a part of an Android excess problem there are other problem such as adenomas, hyperplasia of adrenal, stress and thyroid abnormalities which too mimic something like symptoms of Polycystic ovarian. In Polycystic ovarian syndrome we expect various signs and symptoms to trouble a lady, at the teenage this becomes the teenage crisis, symptoms like she has acne, she has weight, she has bald patches, hirsutism becomes the issue weight which is uncontrollable or which is very difficult to lose. These teenage prices after sometime do become reproductive age crisis or medial crisis, in medial crisis again she is struggling to conceive she is struggling to get her period back to normal, if unattended that time again leads to old age crisis. Old age, she is at risk of endometrial carcinoma, she become at risk of diabetes, she become at risk of atherosclerosis. Now after all of this the point is that we can't blame everything on hormones you get stressed you skip your periods and your hairs start falling and you blame it on hormones, not that. There are various causes for getting the symptoms as well, so correct diagnosis is very important that are we really dealing with PCOD or there is something else which needs to be attended. So now the situation is how to combat PCOS, how to handle the picture, first people who do not have it please don't get it. We have to understand the importance of discipline in life, we have to understand the difference of diet in 8th schedule in our daily life, we have to give importance to the sports in our daily activities in our daily schedules, this helps a woman not to become a PCOS. Moreover, thin lady does not mean a fit lady, if we eat a junk food, if we are induldged into activities which are not good that we all of us know comes with the price, she eventually would be the one of the candidates to become PCOS. People who are struggling at the moment with the PCOS, we need a group of people to handle PCOS like cosmetologist to handle pimples coming we need, a diet Counsellor to tell you what portions to be omitted, what portion to be started, how much you should be taking to combat that weight issues and for the gynaecologist we can give you certain medications to combat those acute crisis in which all the things are troubling you and we decides the time you need to take it up to. People who are struggling with the PCOS again have to understand that we have to take care of the diet, we have to take care of the exercise and we can put some of the medications but that is for sometime to combat those acute crisis. We need lot of more people like as a cosmetologist, who can take care of the acne hair, fall and hirsutism. We need of the diet counsellor who can talk to you about your diet which things can be added which can be omitted, we need a psychotherapist sometimes if there is a mood swings which are troubling a lot are there is a depression between a part of the PCOS. We can help you out with certain cases of infertility and because of PCOD, we can correct the menstrual irregularity through medication, till you reach your own target, till you did the right weight with you hoping to get in the end.
In case of further questions or any queries you can write to us through lybrate or you can contact Harleys clinic.read more
Hello, Myself Dr Sumit Agarwal I am a board certified plastic surgeon and hair transplant specialist practicing at Harleys clinic in Mumbai and also a specialist plastic surgeon, practicing in Balloon Hospital in Dubai.
Today I would be discussing about hair fall in both males and females. Hair fall causes anxiety in both males and females. The common causes for hair fall is a hereditary inheritance more commonly from the maternal family or hormonal disturbances like hypothyroidism or Polycystic ovarian syndrome PCOS. Other less common causes a micronutrient, deficiencies or cicatrical alopecia due to autoimmune conditions or post chemotherapy.
In the recent past, it has been observed that majorly the hair loss problems start with youngsters in early twenties age group which is primarily due to stress of the studies or due to excessive use of chemicals undergoing procedures or may be due to environmental factors like hard waters, ciboria, dandruff and other reasons.
So it is important before starting any hair loss treatment that you should get yourself evaluated by a physician or a hair specialist. The hair specialist will do the clinical examination of the scalp and the Folly scopic examination of the hair roots to find the cause of the hair fall . He may also ask for certain blood tests to find out micronutrient deficiencies like serum ferritin, serum Vitamin D3 and also for hormonal disturbances like thyroid profile.
And after this , your hair fall may be classified on the grades of the hair loss. It maybe an early grade where just hair thinning has started up or in advance grade where balding patch has already started. Not every patient is a candidate for hair transplant. Hair thinning patients may be treating accordingly with medications like multivitamin supplements and hair serum along with adjuvant therapy like Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) or Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) but if the balding settings patches then the hair transplant has to be considered.
For hair transplant procedure, political factors need to be considered before deciding for the procedure like age of the starting of hair loss, grade of hair loss, donor area sufficiency and if still there is any active hair fall which needs to be controlled first before embarking on hair transplant.
Hair transplant, there are two techniques of doing it - first is the Follicular Unit Transplant FUT and second is the Follicular Unit extraction or the FUE technique. The physician will discuss the details and pros and cons of the both the techniques. The results of the hair transplant procedure what you get , they are natural and permanent, these hairs grow forever. You can cut them, colour them and save them and even after the transplant have been done , the medical treatment needs to be still continued to maintain the existing hairs.
The medical treatment is a slow treatment - it takes some time for the effect to come so keep patient and just continue, sometimes there may be some hair shedding at the start of the medical treatment, so do not panic, it eventually gives good growth and it is a long term treatment so do not stop it abruptly ever. Always consult your physician before making any changes for your treatment.
If you have any further doubt or queries about the hair fall you can contact us through Lybrate.read more
Doctors in Harleys Cosmetic & Women Clinic
Patient Review Highlights
I am a woman who is now 45 years old. I started having dark circles and wrinkles which were embarassing. I took to ayurveda and antibiotics to cure the ageing process but it was failiure for 2 years. then finally i consulted Dr. Sumit who suggested to try the anti ageing process and I tried that and i can say that nothing is better than that. But unlike others he suggested to exercise more like yoga or gyming rather than going for the medical process. very impressed.
I have many skin related problems from when i was born and at the age of 18 i started having corns on my feet which got me worried since they were causing a lot of pain and also some were so hard that they were numb. I consulted a lot of doctors that recommended various medicines to remove it but they were uneffective then i finally went for the removal which was quick and easy. Thus i would highly recommend dr. sumit for corn removal as my experince was very good.
It has been very hard for me to take on my friends teasing me about my petite figure. Since i entered my teens my body development was not up to the mark thus my breasts were very small. I took on natural procedures such as yoga and ayurveda but it didnt help me. Finally i decided to go under the knife and found Dr. Sumit. He was extremely professional about the procedure and I was comfortable with him. the process was very effective and the result is as expected.
Had taken my wife to the doctor as she wanted to get her nose reduced as it was pointy and she didnt like that. It is really hard to find good doctors as they either charge a lot or dont do their job as they should and mess the process. after redaing a lot of reviews I found dr sumit agrawal and he was a complete professional about the same and did the surgery perfectly. completely satisfied.
She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal with great ease handled my wife's serious case with ease. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of delay periodsIt was an amazing experience as everyone in the HarleyStreet clinic is so nice. Finally with hertreatment, I am completely cured from the disease.
For me the doctor was excellent as i needed to get something done about the excessive sweating that was very insulting as after simply a walk with someone at night would cause the clothes to be totally wet. Dr. Sumit cured all of that in a jiffy as the botox treatment has worked perfectly. Now my sweating is like a normal person.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. sir mai 2 month 20 din se pragant hu or mujhe gada pani aata h to m kya samju ki mere bachhe ko koi nuksaan h kya m kisi achhe dr. ko dikhau ya kuch gharelu treetment kru isse mujhe kya aane wale dino m koi dikkat aayegi ya normal h...pls
My son had developed acne and it was turning out to be ugly as they were covering the whole face and bursting causing a lot if pain to my son. So i decided to consult the doctor and get it removed because they were causing trouble to my son, the procedure was a success as my sons face is totally clean and normal.
Dr Shilpa Bansal Agarwal is quite knowledgeable gynaecologist. She gave me a fertile period treatment which benefitted me to a great extent. I owe her a big thank for for the fertile period treatment she gave.
It was quite good and helpful. Advised me to reduce weight for harmonal imbalance and with 5 kg reduction I experience better frequency of monthly cycle and less mood swings. Thank you doctor.
Since childhood I have hair thats very hard and harsh. Oiling it and other medicines didnt help the condition, but dr. sumit agrawal did a miracle and my hair is much softer and stronger.
At the age of only 35, I suddenly started hair loss causing baldness which felt really bad and thus I consulted the doctor and the hair transplant was succesful without any side effects.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful, professional, caring, sensible and helped me improve my health. Thanks doc,your ans is so helpful
I took help in my process of abortion from Dr Shilpa Bansal Agrawal at Harleys Women Clinic in Mumbai. She helped me with very knowledgeable answers and was always ready to help
I had a tattoo that needed to be removed immediately but i was worried about any side effects of the laser removal but he did it easily and i am totally fine with no effects.
Dr. sumit is a very good doctor for hair related problems and treats his patients with extreme care. This is sure that he would be able to cure your problem easily.
Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal provides answers that are very helpful. Madam she did not take the pill she got overbleeding madam
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. Thq madm
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. Best
Thanks for the advice.
Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by enlargement of the breast tissue in men. It occurs when there is an imbalance of the testosterone (male sex hormone) and estrogen (female sex hormone) in the body. It may a cause of embarrassment in men.
The primary cause for this condition is increase in the level of estrogen in comparison with testosterone in the male body. Testosterone controls male characteristics such as body hair and muscle mass. Estrogen is responsible for controlling female characteristics such as breast enlargement.
Men usually produce small quantities of estrogen in their body to maintain certain sexual functions. Complications occur when estrogen levels in the male body increase too much in proportion to testosterone.
The condition can be classified as follows:
1. Gynecomastia in infants: Half of the infants are usually born with large breasts due to their mother's estrogen. The effect tends to wear of in a few weeks.
2. Gynecomastia during puberty: Gynecomastia occurs during puberty due to changes in hormones. The condition goes away without any treatment in six months to 1 year.
3. Gynecomastia in men: This condition may peak in men during the age of 50-80. Statistics show that at least 1 out of 4 men in this age group have this condition.
Some other causes for this condition in middle aged men are as follows:
1. Heart medications
2. Anti-anxiety drugs
5. Medications that are used to treat heartburn
6. Smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol
1. If the cause of the condition is medications, then discontinuing the medicines should stop the effects. It can also be treated by taking medicines to reduce estrogen levels in the body.
2. Surgery is another option where an incision is made in the chest area and the extra breast tissues are removed from the area. This also requires repositioning of the nipple in the chest.
3. Post-surgery, you should stick to a proper and healthy lifestyle to retain the new shape of the chest area. Weight gain or taking steroids can cause the symptoms of this condition to reappear.
I am on krimson 35 and I had unprotected sex and just I took unwanted 72 two times withing 5 days. Is there any chances of pregnancy? And when should I expect my periods after stopping krimson 35.
Wart on my neck and face use last 2 month regularly thuja 30 10 drops twice a day and thuja occidentalis q 8 drops with cotton apply on wart area no benefit recev please suggest me how to remove all warts in my body My hb1ac report 6 Hiv and std test for last month all test are negative And take some anti depression medicine last 3 years Tab paran cr 25 Tab otrivin 0.25 In night.
I am 24 year male, I have approx 8 flat moles on my face, it's annoying, I feel much irritated for those moles, I want to remove those completely, could you please tell me the total fees of this procedure during my treatment? Thank you.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is colloquially known as a “nose job”. It is a cosmetic surgery conducted to reshape the nose. The corrective surgery is performed to make the nose smaller or larger, correct the bump, the angles in relation to the upper lip, indentations and other defects relating to the tip of the nose.
Rhinoplasty can be conducted using general or local anaesthesia. Rhinoplasty can correct the structure of the nose if it causes difficulty in breathing. Rhinoplasty can also improve the physical appearance after an injury or disease.
A Few Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Cosmetic rhinoplasty is meant for rich and vain people.
- Anaesthesia can be dangerous.
- Dissatisfaction with nose shape or size can be eradicated completely.
- Rhinoplasty needs to be performed more than once.
- Rhinoplasty creates a drastic and extremely noticeable transformation of the nose.
- Rhinoplasty is most definitely covered by insurance.
- Rhinoplasty can cause scars, stitches and bruises on the nose.
- Any plastic surgeon can perform rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoplasty is a simple surgery.
- Rhinoplasty is a very painful procedure.
- The demand for rhinoplasty is rising by leaps and bounds every day.
- Rhinoplasty is not just a cosmetic procedure to look good. It is known to correct some real nasal disorders. Swellings, breathing issues due to a deviated septum or other structural problems that cause pain and respiratory troubles can be fixed by rhinoplasty.
- There are different techniques used for men and women. The structure of a man’s nose differs slightly from a woman’s, in terms of angles and slopes. These are determined and corrected by expert and experienced plastic surgeons.
- The discomfort after the surgery is mild and moderate. Most patients recover in a couple of hours. In major surgery case, it takes a day.
- Rhinoplasty is fairly affordable.
- Insurance covers can be claimed when the surgery is not for cosmetic purpose, but for genuine corrective purpose.
- Rhinoplasty can help to make minor corrections as well, without causing drastic or obvious changes.
- Anaesthesia performed during the surgery rarely causes any long term complication. It is relatively safe.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same.