Doctor in Vijaya Polyclinic
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Vijaya PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Shoulder pain is one most common problem regularly seen in my opd. As this problem does not get cured only with medicines, patient get frustrated with pain. Physiotherapy plays very important role in the treatment.
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!