Doctor in Dr Rohit's Hair Loss Natural Treatment Center
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Hair Care Procedure
Alopecia Areata Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Treatment of Hair Diseases
Androgenetic Alopecia Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Rohit's Hair Loss Natural Treatment CenterYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
An excessive oil production on the scalp can hamper the health of hair. Oil production is a natural process undertaken by the scalp to provide nourishment to hair. Oil production also provides protection to the scalp from harmful external factors. However, when there is an excess accumulation of oil on the scalp, it can lead to a condition called as the seborrheic dermatitis. In this condition, there is a presence of numerous red patches on the scalp in addition to the excess dandruff growth.
There are various causative factors that play a role in the development of an oily scalp. If the humidity level in the environment is high, then it is likely to cause an oily scalp. Dandruff production is also increased in humid weather conditions. During the summer season, people usually experience greasy hair. Excessive use of the hair conditioner can also be a big cause of an oily scalp. Also, use of leave-on in excess can give rise to an oily scalp. Other causes include nutritional deficiencies, specifically Vitamin B and C deficiency, excess shampooing of hair, chronic dandruff problem, hormonal disorders and improper or less hair washing.
A person may find it difficult to maintain an excess oil-free scalp even after washing hair on a regular basis. Not only does it hamper the health of the scalp, but it also affects the self-esteem of the person. To get rid of this condition, there are several home remedies which can be very effective. 5 well known home remedies for treating an excessive oily scalp are as follows:
1. Apple cider vinegar – It has pH controlling properties, which help to regulate the pH of the scalp. Rinsing the scalp with apple cider vinegar helps to control the excessive secretion of oil on the scalp. 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar can be mixed with a cup of water and used for rinsing the scalp. Mild shampoo should be used to clean it off after 15-20 minutes.
2. Aloe vera – This plant has wonderful astringent properties that work on various skin and hair related conditions. It has anti-inflammatory soothing properties, which work well on various conditions of the scalp. It is an effective remedy for flaky scalp caused by a chronic dandruff condition. The gel obtained from the leaves of Aloe vera should be applied directly on the scalp and kept for 20 minutes. Use of Aloe vera can cause a change in the hair texture and cure dandruff too. Application of the Aloe vera gel twice a week reduces the excess oil production very efficiently.
3. Coconut oil – Virgin coconut oil is considered to be a very light oil. It should ideally be applied overnight or at least an hour before shampooing hair. This oil provides adequate conditioning to the hair, without making the scalp greasy. Excessive production of oil is prevented by the use of coconut oil prior to a hair wash.
4. Baking soda - Baking soda is very effective as a dry shampoo. It can also be used for rinsing excessively oily hair. Its alkaline nature helps in maintaining the pH of the scalp and it also absorbs excess oil present on the scalp. Baking soda can be directly sprinkled on the hair and scalp and left for 5-10 minutes. It should be rinsed with water after which a visible effect on excess oil removal is seen.
5. Lemon juice – Squeezing a lemon and applying its juice directly on the scalp is one of the easiest available home remedies for treating an oily scalp. Lemon is an excellent clarifier, which works well in removing accumulated dirt from hair. It is a good source of Vitamin C which provides nourishment to the scalp too. Whenever an oily scalp is experienced, lemon juice should be applied for a few minutes and rinsed off with water.
Colouring one’s hair happens to be the last solution towards the growth of grey hair. Nowadays, grey hair can be seen emerging not only among people of old age but also among young people. The main reason is the pollution and adulterated stuffs, which take place in our Earth’s surface.
We all have heard our grandparents talking about some sort of herbal as well as homemade remedies. Each and every one of us wishes to have a smooth as well as shining hair and this is where Ayurveda plays such a big role, with the goodness of natural ingredients.
Some of the Ayurvedic Ways for Coloured Hair are as follows:
Deep Condition With Hot Oil: If you are having problem of your hair turning grey or white, then moisture is something that has to be taken into account for keeping this issue at bay. Hair need to contain a certain level of moisture all the times. Hence, the requirement is to undergo massaging of hair on a periodic basis with oils, which would assist in growing healthy long black hair. Massages can be carried out with coconut oil, almond oil or even with herbal natural oil, for a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes, two times in a week for achieving appropriate results. Mix of oils with ingredients like amla, lemon provide great benefits in preventing one’s hair from turning white.
Ayurvedic Hair Wash: People having problems with hair colour can go for hair wash through natural ingredients in Ayurveda. Some of the ingredients of hair wash are as follows:
- 500 gm of Shikakai, which would not strip oils from the hairs
- 250 gm of Fenugreek, which acts as a conditioner
- 1 bunch of Curry leaves, which helps to cure grey hair
- 100 gm of Reetha, which assists in clearing out excess oil with its lather effect
All these above-mentioned ingredients should be mixed and stored in a container for use in future.
Ayurvedic Hair Packs: People can even prepare different kinds of hair packs, consisting of natural ingredients, which as per Ayurveda, would provide rich benefit and help in maintaining hair colour. Some of the packs include:
- Making a paste of 2 bunches of methi leaves and mix them up with 2tsp of lemon juice and 4 heaped up tsp of curd
- Apply this mix to the scalp and massage
- Wash it off after 20 odd minutes.
- People must do this once in every 15 days on a regular basis in order to get back ultra-smooth black hair.
Another hair pack could be:
- Soak up 4 tsp of Shikakai powder along with 8 tsp of Amla powder in lukewarm water at night
- Next morning, apply this mixture on hair and scalp for a minimum of 20 minutes and wash it off
Oil glands present on the skin produce sebum that is necessary for adequate nourishment and hydration. Presence of oil gives a healthy shine to the hair. An excess production of oil makes the hair oily and greasy. Ayurveda describes hair as a byproduct of bone formation. Hence, healthy hair indicates a balance of all doshas in the body. Hair production in the body is affected by various environmental as well as hormonal factors. Oiliness of the scalp can be attributed to different causes like humid environment, chronic dandruff, improper hair hygiene and inadequate washing of hair.
Ayurveda suggests various remedies for treatment of an oily scalp. It advocates the major role of dietary balance for encouraging proper growth of hair. Inclusion of food items like eggs, dairy products, nuts, seeds and green leafy vegetables is essential to maintain a proper balance in the diet. Ayurveda recommends cutting down on the intake of spicy and oily foods. Various natural herbs and extracts are used in Ayurveda for the treatment of diseases and disorders.
The Kapha dosha imbalance is implicated in causing an oily scalp. This dosha is aggravated by eating cold foods. Ayurvedic herbs that are beneficial in treating the oiliness of scalp and hair are as follows:
1. Aloe vera – This herb is well known for its extensive healing properties that work well for treating hair and skin disorders. It treats an oily scalp by removing excess oil. Aloe vera extract can be applied directly on the scalp and left for 20 to 30 minutes. It should be rinsed with water. Application of fresh Aloevera extract can be done for 2 to 3 times in a week.
2. Reetha – Being a good cleanser, this fruit can be used as a shampoo for cleaning hair. It works well in removing excess oil from scalp. Other problems related to hair like greying of hair can be treated by using Reetha. It is boiled in water and the water is used to wash hair.
3. Henna – The leaves of this plant have a good conditioning effect on hair. To treat an oily scalp, ground leaves of this plant should be mixed with coconut oil and applied on the scalp an hour prior to shampooing. Later the scalp should be washed with a mild shampoo. Using henna powder is also beneficial for providing natural darkening to grey hair.
4. Shikakai – This herb helps in protection of the scalp from numerous infections. It also prevents excess oil production from the hair follicles. Shikakai powder is mixed with water and applied on the scalp. It is left on the scalp for a time period of 30 minutes and then rinsed with water.
5. Thyme – Leaves of the thyme plant are beneficial in removing excess oil from the scalp. They also help in removing dandruff. Thyme leaves are mixed in boiling water and left for 20-30 minutes. This water is cooled and used for rinsing hair. Instant effect is observed with a considerable reduction in the oiliness of the scalp.
6. Essential oils – Certain essential oils like tea-tree oil and lavender oil are useful in getting rid of oily hair. Use of these oils reduces itching and also improves scalp health. Massaging the scalp for 5-6 minutes with a circling motion and leave for around 30 minutes. Wash the applied oil with a mild shampoo. Use of essential oils for oily scalp is recommended for 2 to 3 times a week.
You would surely want your hair to be lustrous, voluminous and shiny. Healthy hair indicates healthy skin as well. A number of factors influence the health of your hair; from your diet to the amount of water you drink to the number of hours you sleep at night.
According to Ayurveda, hair loss is caused because of pitta dosha. Pitta governs our metabolism and digestion. A balanced pitta leads to a healthy body and mind. It controls our general well being. Once you identify the reasons of pitta dosha, it becomes easier to correct it. Typically, bad eating habits, anxiety, and stress cause pitta dosha, which in turn lead to hair loss. Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol, meat, fried and spicy food imbalances the pitta.
Ayurveda is an age old holistic system of medicine. The Ayurvedic remedies for healthy hair are entirely natural and do not cause any side effect. The various Ayurvedic tenets for healthy hair are:
Diet: Following a healthy diet is important for healthy hair. Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet. This provides the necessary vitamins and minerals for the hair to remain healthy and nourished. Include foods that are rich in vitamin B complex such as almonds and eggs.
Water Intake: You need to keep yourself hydrated by drinking sufficient volume of water (about 2-3 liters) in a day. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your body free from all sorts of toxins.
Salt Intake: Avoid unnecessary use of salt. If possible use less salt and sour (vinegar) at least in summers.
Exercise: Regular cardiovascular exercise can help improving circulation in the body, including the scalp. Improved blood circulation in the scalp means an improved supply of nutrients to the hair follicles. A steady supply of nutrients to the hair follicles helps in keeping the hair healthy.
‘NO’ to Smoke: Smoking causes the blood vessels in the body to constrict, thereby, hampering blood circulation. Impaired circulation of blood means insufficient supply of blood to the hair follicles, a factor that makes them weak and brittle.
Good Sleep: Sleep is a very important part of good health. You need enough sleep to let your body relax. After a hectic routine, even your body needs rest. It is during sleep that most of the tissues are regenerated and rejuvenated. You need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep every day. This is important for staying healthy and fit. Hair growth is also promoted if you get enough sleep.
Most importantly Hygiene: Maintain good hygiene at every point in time. You need to wash your hair regularly to prevent accumulation of dead cells. For this, use a mild herbal shampoo to keep your hair clean. Do not over shampoo as it can dry your hair and cause frizzy hair.
Alopecia totalis is a condition of skin that leads to hair loss. It is not similar to the localized problem of Alopecia Areata. Local Alopecia Areata tends to cause round patches of hair loss on the scalp but in case of Alopecia Totalis, it leads to the scalp turning completely bald. Alopecia Totalis also tends to differ from the most severe form of Alopecia Areata, which is known as Alopecia Universalis. This particular form of Alopecia causes complete loss of hair over the entire body.
We will talk about the Ayurvedic treatment for this problem but before that, let us take a look at the main symptom along with the causes leading to this problem.
Symptom of Alopecia Totalis
The primary symptom of this condition is that there will be complete loss of hair on the head.
Causes Leading to Alopecia Totalis
Doctors along with the researchers are still not able to point out the cause of alopecia totalis, though they understand that the condition is basically the result of the problem occurring in the immune system. A person’s immune system is his/her body’s defence mechanism, which helps to protect human beings from illnesses but there are occasions when the immune system can also attack the healthy tissue.
If a person is suffering from any form of Alopecia, that means the immune system attacks the hair follicles of the person. Thus, the attack triggers inflammation, thereby leading to loss of hair.
Treatment in Ayurveda for Alopecia Totalis
Each and every one of us loves to have nice and healthy hair but it does not happen on all occasions. More and more people tend to suffer from the problem of hair loss. There are different types of hair loss, Alopecia Totalis is one of them. The main reason behind going for Ayurvedic treatment is because, it looks to treat condition by way of natural means through herbs, natural oils and other ingredients. Ayurveda is primarily based on the principle that the universe comprises of five elements like Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Ether. These elements get represented in human beings by three doshas:
- Vata Dosha
- Pitta Dosha
- Kapha Dosha
When any of these doshas get accumulated in one’s body, body balance gets disrupted. Maintaining the exact balance of the three doshas is of utmost importance. The natural treatment of Ayurveda for this condition makes use of the following:
- Natural Powders
- Natural Paste
- Natural Oils
Massage through natural oils and applying the combination of paste and powder is extremely convenient for any individual suffering from this problem. People can apply the mixture of powders and paste on the head at night, cover it up with shower cap and then wash it off next morning. Following this treatment method for a period of time would yield positive results.
Healthy hair begins at the scalp. For having healthy and shiny hair, it is important to have a healthy scalp free from dandruff, so that the roots remain strong. Through natural methods of Ayurvedic treatment, people can keep their scalp healthy and free from dandruff, eventually providing the strength to the hair for growth as well as maintenance.
Ayurvedic Treatment to Keep the Scalp Healthy
Ayurveda prescribes scalp massage for a healthy scalp. Each kind of dosha, in Ayurvedic terms, makes use of specific oils, while sesame is considered to be perfect for treating all the three doshas. The three doshas and the ideal ingredients to treat them are as follows:
- Vata Dosha: Vata dosha can be treated through the use of hair oil containing ingredients like sesame, ghee and castor.
- Pitta Dosha: Pitta dosha can be treated through the application of hair oil, which contains Coconut and Sesame as its ingredients.
- Kapha Dosha: One can treat Kapha dosha by applying oil containing ingredients like Olive, sesame and sunflower in it.
Massaging of hair tends to stimulate circulation of blood and also provides the necessary strength as well as moisture to the scalp and hair follicles. This provides the required activation for hair growth, hence, leading to the prevention of hair fall. This process can be carried out either on a daily basis or once or twice every week, primarily depending upon the availability of time.
As far as the tradition goes, the cleansing process starts off with an oil massage to the scalp and then a wait for a period of almost 2 hours for the oil to get absorbed inside the scalp. Then the scalp is to be washed along with water and a mild and absolutely safe cleanser, free from chemicals.
Herbs like Shikakair and Aritha have always been used as hair cleansers as both of these herbs contain natural saponins, which help to clean up hair without striping them off their natural oils.
Ayurveda’s Herbal Support
The herbal support in Ayurveda for healthy scalp includes the following:
- Amla: Amla is considered as the right ingredient, which cures almost each and every ailment and gives longevity. This is a natural antioxidant with a rich source of Vitamin C. Amla assists in hair regrowth by combining it with sesame oil.
- Bhringraj: In the tradition of Ayurveda, the leaf extract of Eclipta alba is regarded as a powerful liver tonic and a rejuvenating herb. It keeps the scalp healthy, thus, help in growth of hair.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek or Methi contains a number of constituents like saponins, alkaloids, flavonoids, vitamins and fiber. Methi acts in stimulating circulation to hair follicles, while the steroid saponins get to interact with Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) metabolism. Fenugreek tends to interfere with the negative effects of DHT and hence, prevent hair loss.
Telogen Effluvium is considered to be the second most common type of hair loss. It is one form of non-scarring alopecia, which gets characterized by diffuse hair shedding, along with an acute kind of onset for the problem. Now let us take a look into the causes behind this problem, before looking into the treatment options through which Telogen Effluvium can be treated in Ayurveda.
Causes of Telogen Effluvium
Hair cycle disturbances can be caused by quite a number of triggering factors, which include:
Treatment in Ayurveda for Telogen Effluvium
Some of the natural ways in Ayurveda to regain lost hair due to Telogen Effluvium are:
Having a Food Rich in Protein: The building blocks of hair are nothing but proteins. In order to maintain the stronger and longer hair, it is necessary that one must take a daily recommended dose of 46 gm of protein. Some of the food items that one can have are:
- Dairy Products
Zinc and Iron Must be Included in the Diet: Iron deficiency is directly linked to Telogen Effluvium. Though iron supplements do assist in regaining the deficit amounts but in some people, there could be adverse effects in the form of gastritis or constipation. Changes in diet can be a very good option. People can have more of Red Meat and Liver, which contain abundance of iron. Those who are vegetarians, they can opt for having dark green leafy vegetables and beans. Zinc also plays a vital role in aiding growth of hair. Some of foods rich in Zinc are nuts, spinach, seafood and squash.
Massage With Essential Oils: There are certain kinds of essential oils, which help to promote growth of hair by bringing forth improvements in blood circulation. They also help in reducing stress, which is one of main causes behind Telogen Effluvium. People can just add 1 or 2 drops of Lavender Oil in 2 ounces of carrier oil like Almond or Coconut Oil and slowly massage their scalp. This would only help in increasing the growth of hair but also will assist in reducing stress quite instantly.
Try Out Herbs: Green tea has been used for a long time as a rinsing agent for hair. It has within it, 5-alpha-reducatse inhibitors which help to prevent the definite pattern of baldness that arise in men and women. Other than Green Tea, there is also Onion, which contains anti- inflammatory properties, those help in avoiding any adverse effects which might have been caused on hair due to any underlying condition. It also assists to stimulate the exact functioning of hair follicles.
Addition of Vitamin B to The Diet: The two important B Vitamins in the form of Vitamin-B6 and Vitamin-B12, available in food items like broccoli, beet, turnip, beet, bell peppers can also aid hair growth.
Hair fall happens to be one of the most common problems, which women usually face after undergoing chemical treatments in the name of hair care products. In this age of hair straightening, hair are accustomed to the brunt of chemicals, which lead to the weakening of the follicles.
Adding to all these is the physical and emotional stress, which tends to induce hormonal changes and thus, further weakens the hair follicles, leading to hair loss. The only silver lining is that Ayurvedic treatment methods can come to the rescue for those who face the problem of hair loss due to chemical straightening of hair.
Let us look at some of the natural ways through which Ayurveda helps to treat the problems:
Use of Bhringraj Oil: Bhringraj leaves contain different kinds of herbs, which provide one’s scalp the nutrients that it has been missing out on. Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic Oil Intensive Hair Re-growth Treatment contains pure Bhringraj, coconut, amla, goat’s milk and centella. All these help in strengthening the strands of hair and hence, diminish grey areas. Bhringraj Oil is arguably one of the best treatments in Ayurveda for hair fall and also assists in reducing grey hair and even helps to prevent itchiness of the scalp.
Rich-Protein Shampoo: Brittle and dull hair is the result of deficiency in protein. Along with the taking of diet that is rich in protein, one must also look to make a switch towards all those products having rich content of protein in them. Kelp is one of the ingredients, which contains high valued protein and helps to act as a stimulant for ayurvedic hair growth. Kelp is basically a type of large brown seaweed, which grows in shallow salt water that is rich in nutrients and is found near coastal regions around the world. Bio Kelp, which is a highly recommended protein-rich shampoo, helps in stimulating fresh growth of hair due to ingredients like natural proteins, pure kelp, peppermint oil and extracts of mint leaf.
Serums for Enabling Maximum Absorption: Use of serums is advised because on most occasions, what oil fails to do, serum is able to do that. Serum gets absorbed in the scalp very easily and does not even leave any excess amount of oil. Bio Mountain Ebony is a kind of fresh growing stimulating serum intensive hair growth treatment, having pure extracts of mountain ebony, long pepper neem, pudina, euphorbia tree along with other essential ingredients for stimulating hair and removal of dryness and irritation. This Ayurvedic formula also contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in revitalizing the scalp, thereby assist in the growth of hair shaft. Appropriate result can be seen after having used the serum for 3 weeks.
Every woman out there wants to have long and shiny hair which will radiate a magnificent look to her overall appearance. Even though there are various modern and advanced ways of treating your hair to make them shiny and strong, there is one way by which women have been rejuvenating their hair for centuries now. Yes, you got it right, we are talking about Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic treatment of your hair ensures that you get a good and radiant shiny hair condition just by using natural ingredients. So what are the various Ayurvedic ways which you can use to treat your hair? Let us have a look at the 5 best Ayurvedic elements that are absolutely natural and do not have side effects:
1. Moringa Oil
Moringa is rich in vitamins and mineral which ensures a brilliant and healthy nourishment for your hair. Moringa not only protects the hair from external pollutants, but it also promotes blood flow in the scalp region which helps the hair to gain the much-needed strength and consequently reduces hair loss.
2. Curry Leaves
We all know that curry leaves are used in different Indian cuisine. But they can also be used to nourish your hair as well. When you combine curry leaves with oil, it effectively releases beta-carotene which helps to nourish the hair in an effective manner. It also has a pleasant odour which gives your hair a better fragrance.
3. Hibiscus Extract
Hibiscus has been used in various Ayurvedic remedies. Rich in vitamins, alpha-hydroxy acids and amino acids, these flowers comprise of a brilliant natural hari ingredients which will surely help you retain the shine of your hair. You can use the extract by crushing some of the flowers and apply it on your hair.
4. Indian Gooseberry
This natural ingredient, found all over India, is famous for its cleansing properties. It helps the scalp to get nourishment by eliminating the harmful toxins present on it. So, it will effectively bring the natural shine to your hair and make it stronger.
5. Different Vitamin Rich Food
Ayurveda is all about natural ingredients and different foods. So, if you consume Vitamin A, B, and E-rich foods then it will contribute to a healthy hair growth process and consequently, you will get more nourished hair and scalp which is always a good sign.
So these are the 5 ways in which you can get a brilliant natural shine with the help of Ayurveda.
Pili Annulati is a hair disorder, in which the affected hair has a typical pattern of dark and light banding. People who have pili annulati might well go on to describe their hair as striped or as having silver kinds of beads. This particular condition mainly involves around 20 to 80% of the hair that are present on the scalp, though it can also involve hair present on the face and the whole body. Hair, which get affected might be prone towards getting broken.
Pili Annulati can crop up during infancy or in childhood or it might also affect people in their later lives. This can be visible with naked eye, though it would be difficult to get noticed on all those people who have dark hair.
There are various kinds of symptoms, which tend to come across when they are faced with this condition. Some of them include:
- Different kinds of colored bands on each strand of hair
- Hair is brittle and so they tend to fall off
- Irregularity of hair could be noticed amongst the normal growth of hair
Causes of Pili Annulati
The exact behind the occurrence of Pili Annulati is not known. It usually gets through a gene that is autosomal dominant. Hair getting ringed, which happens during this condition, might well get caused as a result of deficiency in metabolic protein, which leads to the formation of cytoplasmic ribosomes with the hair cells in an abnormal manner, hence, resulting in the unusual formation of keratin which develops in the cortex of one’s hair.
Most of the cases are thought to be caused due to a mutation in the cells of the hair follicle, which forms the keratin.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Pili Annulati
Ayurveda looks to treat any problem by implementing natural means, through herbs, powders, pastes, which gets to the root of the problem and that’s where the healing takes place. As Ayurveda is involved in natural treatment methods, hence, people like to prefer undergoing the procedures for solving their health related problems as there are no side-effects in them.
Some of the methods of Ayurvedic treatment include:
- Herbal hair care shampoos can come to great use and be very effective in treating this problem of ringed hair or Pili Annulati.
- Medicated shampoos can lead to re-growth of hair and hence prevent hair loss.
- Other than this, massaging the hair with olive oil can also be an ideal option for getting this condition healed
- People can also look to have protein-rich diet, as lack of essential nutrients and protein can lead to this problem.
- So lentils, seeds, fruits, vegetables, meat can be included in one’s diet to heal this problem.