Doctor in Dr Ravi Kothari
Submit a review for Dr Ravi KothariYour feedback matters!
My wife has a severe pain inside her vagina during urination due to her pain we stop intercourse could you please help us.
Hi, Yesterday we had unprotected sex and he was not sure that did he ejaculated inside But I have taken one tablet of I pill that also after 24 hours. Will it work now? Should I be not worried now? Am I safe from pregnancy? Please help.
I am facing severe vaginal itching since a month. I took 2 pills of zocon 200 yesterday. It is still the same. I have stopped having sex also. This is getting worse. Please suggest me something.
Hypogonadism in females occurs when your sex glands produce little or no sex hormones.The sex glands, also called gonads that are responsible for ovary formation in females, breast enlargement and in menstrual cycle.
What Are the Types of Female Hypogonadism?
There two types of hypogonadism are primary and central hypogonadism.
Primary Hypogonadism: Primary hypogonadism means that you don't have enough sex hormones in your body due to a problem in your gonads. Your gonads are still receiving the message to produce hormones from your brain, but they aren't able to produce them.
Central Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism: In central hypogonadism, the problem lies in your brain. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain, which control your gonads, aren't working properly.
Causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
- Autoimmune disorders, such as Addison's disease and hypoparathyroidism
- Genetic disorders, such as Turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome
- Severe infections
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Hemochromatosis, which happens when your body absorbs too much iron
- Radiation exposure
- Surgery of your sex organs
Causes of Central or Secondary Hypogonadism include:
- Genetic disorders, such as Kallmann syndrome (abnormal hypothalamic development)
- Infections, including HIV and AIDS
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory diseases including sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and histiocytosis
- Rapid weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Use of steroids or opiates (especially long-term usage)
- Brain surgery
- Radiation exposure
- Injury to your pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- A tumor in or near your pituitary gland
Symptoms that May Affect Females Include:
- Lack of menstruation
- Slow or absent breast growth
- Hot flashes
- Loss of body hair
- Low or absent sex drive
- Milky discharge from your breasts
Treatment for Hypogonadism in Women: Your treatment will involve increasing the amount of female sex hormones in your body. Your first line of treatment will probably be estrogen therapy if you've had a hysterectomy. Either a patch or pill can administer the supplemental estrogen hormone. Estrogen must be balanced with progesterone, because taking estrogen alone leads to a dangerous build up of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia) that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Low-dose testosterone may be added for women with hypogonadism who have a low sex drive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, My Age is 21 and I have night fall problem how can I solve this problem. Is it normal? Or it will affect my future?
I had sex with my partner after 5 Days of my period without protection. Five days counting after bleeding stopped.Please suggest Is there any chances of pregnancy?
After having sex, foreskin of my penis stays back itself .I tried with my hand but it was not coming to original position. Foreskin can be removed or not? What is the solution?
Sir I am suffering from early ejaculation from two year and taking alopathic medicine but when I am taking medicine every thing is ok but when completing the course and stopped taking medicine the. Problem is as it is so sir please give me a best sujetion sir.
Hi I am having the small amount of pain my testicles also one testicle slightly bigger then other one, Does it makes any problem?
Hi, If a person had unprotected sex (assume he might have hiv) and he do not get tested for a year or so then uske baad bhi test positive hi aynge? Aisa to nahi h ki kuch time frame tak hi test positive aate h then negative?
Dear Sir/ma'am Please Tell me. What is the best food for increasing Sperm Count. And also tell me how many age sperm will be made in Men. Because I am lose more sperm in doing masturbation. So please tell me. What diet I take. Thanks all Angels (Doctor's)
My age is 28 yrs. And till now I am virgin. So there can issue at d time of sex after marriage .and wat can I do to increase my intercourse time wen I do.
I am a 23 year old male. I wanted to know during sex after I ejaculate once. Whats the recovery time. And how many times can a man do it in one night.
Premature ejaculation. Ejaculate within 2-5 sec after penetration. Is this a weakness or other issues. Don.
Is penis masturbation increase the male body hight? Or daily masturbation help to increase the male body hight?
Helo Dr. I am 25 male I do tight foreskin and a tight frenulum please suggest some help. I have been reading on internet is that a phimosis sir.
Hi sir/madam I am kranthi 26 years old. My problem is I have a foreskin penis. That foreskin is not at all come back I have a tight foreskin. When I urine balloon like structure is coming on my penis soo please suggest me want I have to do now. If surgery have to done how much cost will happen and how many days I have to discharge from hospital.
Often, most people think that Erectile Dysfunction or ED is a disease, but this is not the case. Unlike the popular belief, it's not the "old man's disease". The fact of the matter is that both young and the old may have ED at any point in their life. It's also important to keep in mind that this not a disease. Instead, it's just a condition just like any other condition that may be managed. Moreover, ED is a psychological problem and in most cases, it can be managed successfully. If you want to know some facts, we suggest that you read this article. Read on to know more.
Facts and fictions
- First of all, you ED doesn't fall under the category of diseases. It doesn't occur due to an infection or bug. Aside from this, it's not a contagious thing. According to doctors, it's a medical condition like low/high blood pressure or arthritis. Just like people with arthritis, people with ED can lead a healthy lifestyle provided they manage this condition.
- As you get older, you find it hard to get an erection and maintain it. In that case, it's right to say that ED is an age-related condition. But the thing is that it can strike the young people as well. As a matter of fact, 20% men have this condition. So, it's quite common.
- Another common misconception is that this problem is related to low libido. Again, this is no more than fiction. In fact, the two are different. People with low libido don't feel like having sex. On the other hand, ED occurs when blood flow to the muscles of the penis is constricted. As a result, you find it hard to have or maintain an erection. The fact of the matter is that even healthy men can have this problem. Anyone can suffer from this condition irrespective of their race.
- Often, some people think that this condition is hereditary. This is not true. It's true that some hereditary condition may lead to this problem, but it's not right to say that if you have ED, your son will also have it. As a matter of fact, this issue is not associated with race at all. So, it should not be linked with a particular race.
To know if you have Erectile dysfunction, you should look for the following symptoms. These symptoms will tell you if you really need to do something to make your sexual life better.
- Having soft erection
- Having erection that are too brief
- No erections at all
Almost all types of sexual disorders including ED can be managed by making lifestyle changes like losing weight, giving up alcohol, exercising, eating well and reducing stress. In fact, any activity that can help you improve the flow of blood in your body can fix this problem.
For some men, however, making simple lifestyle changes don't work. It's a good idea to maintain a healthy weight and exercise on a regular basis, but this may not help some people get rid of ED. They need medicines to deal with the problem. For instance, they can try Viagra, Cialis, Levitra or Staxyn in order to boost the blood flow to their penile area. You can choose any of the drugs but make sure your doctor knows about it. After all, you may not want aggravate your condition.