Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr.Raman Bhai R.Mistry ClinicYour feedback matters!
Babies go through a host of problems that we usually refer to as growing pains. This article is of special importance to most mothers who are going through myriad problems like colic, teeth and even diaper rash. Diaper rash is known as diaper dermatitis in medical terms. When the skin of the area within the diaper becomes red and goes through inflammation, it is known as diaper dermatitis. Read on to know more about the condition, and how it may be treated.
Symptoms: The most obvious and common symptom of diaper dermatitis is the signs on the skin which will bear a patchwork of red blotches that may look tender to touch. The baby will also seem more irritable and cranky as the discomfort and pain starts to grow every time the diaper rubs against the rashes. Bleeding, itching and oozing can also occur, in which cause it is imperative to see a doctor immediately. Also, if the rashes are accompanied by fever, one must get it checked as there may be chances of an infection. Diaper rashes can also cause pain during bowel movements and a burning sensation during urination.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for the occurrence of diaper rashes. Trying out a new product may sometimes give the baby a rash as the sensitive skin of the child may not take to some ingredient. Therefore, it may develop as an allergic reaction. This new product may be a cream, lotion or a new brand or type of diapers. Further, sometimes when we introduce new foods, the baby’s skin may erupt into rashes as a part of an allergic reaction. Also, chaffing or rubbing may cause such rashes, while prolonged use of the diaper without a change is known to be one of the most common causes of this condition. Bacterial or yeast infection can also cause diaper dermatitis. Also, antibiotics can cause rashes as a side effect.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by a dermatologist or a paediatrician based on the symptoms that you list out as well as physical examination of the area. The doctor may also check the baby’s temperature in order to ascertain if there is any fever or any chance of an infection.
Treatment: One should keep the baby’s skin dry and absolutely clean at all times. Also, it would be recommended to use cloth diapers for a few hours a day so that the skin may get a chance to breathe. Further, the doctor will prescribe mild hydrocortisone ointments. Antifungal creams may also be used in case there is an infection. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed in such cases.
Puran Poli – Healthy or Unhealthy?
Gudi padwa is around the corner, this festive season is incomplete without puran poli right. Puran poli is a classic maharashtrian delicacy. It is a pan-griddled sweet bread stuffed with split yellow gram (channa dal) or red gram (toovar/arhar dal).
It has various regional names like paruppu poli in tamil, holige or obbattu in kannada, ubbati in konkani. The taste also varies from region to region. It is sweet and is circular like a parantha. It is a festive dessert. The stuffing is called puran and the parantha-like bread is called as poli.
But. Hold on if you think puran poli is bad think again every food has its merit and demerits, the key is to maintain moderation.
Puran poli is supposed to be a high cal food, right. It is upto you to make it healthy, use whole wheat flour instead of maida, use ghee sparingly.
Lets look at its merit:
- Puran poli made with whole wheat flour is rich in complex carbs, fibre, gives b complex vitamins, certain minerals. Dals as we all know gives give good amount of protein, what you all will be surprised to know is that this combination of cereal i.e. wheat flour and protein from dals will provide you with good quality protein, which can be compared to egg which is considered as high biological value with almost 100% bioavailability i.e. of excellent quality. This combination provides all the required amino acids which are building blocks of protein.
- Futher it has lot of jaggery which contains iron, cacium, potassium, phosphorus, it is releases energy slowly, as it is digested slower than sugar. Further jaggery also aids in digestion, as jaggery breaks and becomes alkaline in the digestive system.
- Addition of green cardamom powder, saffron, nutmeg powder, mace (javantri) powder which have essential volatile oils, boosts digestion and are antispasmodic, carminative, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Go ahead and enjoy this festive delicacy, but keep it as festive delicacy and do not gorge on it, it is to be enjoyed only during festival season.
Enjoy gudi padwa with puran poli.
Salt salt salt. Table, rock or sea which is the best.
It's like asking mirror mirror on the wall who is the best among all.
Table salt, sea salt, and rock salt are all the same thing: sodium chloride. And they all have the same sodium content (40%). The differences are primarily in texture and taste.
Table salt is made from rock salt harvested from inland deposits (with iodine sometimes added as an extra nutrient). Rock salt is made from similar sources, but it's usually additive-free and has a coarser texture. Sea salt, as its name suggests, is harvested from evaporated seawater.
The unrefined version i.e. Rock salt and sea salt has more minerals compared to table salt as during the refining process table salt loses calcium, potassium, etc.
Consequently, it has a slightly different flavor. In the end, though, they all contribute equally to your total sodium consumption.
Just remember whichever salt you are planning to use. The "amount" you use is of utmost importance. Too much of any of them will have a negative effect on your health.
कैसे जल्दी नीँद लाएँ
जब रात में आपके दिमाग में सोच, चिंताएँ और विचार चक्कर लगा रहे हों, तब नींद आना ही असंभव लगता है, जल्दी की तो बात ही छोड़ दीजिए। तब भी जल्दी से नींद से सो जाना संभव है, केवल आपके दैनिक अभ्यासों में कुछ परिवर्तनों की आवश्यकता है। अपने जीवन में जल्दी से नींद से सोने का अभ्यास लाने के लिए निम्नलिखित तकनीकों के अनुसरण करने का प्रयास करें।
तत्काल परिवर्तन करना
1. सभी इलेक्ट्राॉनिक (electronic) उपकरणों को बंद कर दीजिए: नींद से सोने के लिए, आपका शरीर हॉर्मोनों (hormones) के स्तर को बढ़ा देता है जो बाहर अंधेरा होने पर नींद लाते हैं। अंधेरा होने के थोड़ी ही देर बाद यह आपको थका हुआ महसूस कराते हैं और आपको बिस्तर में जाने के के लिए तैयार करते हैं। यदि आप अपने लैपटॉप (laptop), सेल फोन (cell phone), टैब्लेट (tablet) पर हैं, टीवी और विडियो गेम्स (video games) देख रहे है, तो आप हॉर्मोनों की सृष्टि को अवरुद्ध कर रहे हैं। सभी इलेक्ट्रॉनिक उपकरणों और चमकीले पर्दों को बिस्तर पर जाने से कम से कम एक घंटा पहले हटा दीजिए जिससे आपके शरीर का थक जाना आसान हो जाए।
कुछ अध्ययन यह दर्शाते हैं कि जो लोग सप्ताह में सात घंटे से अधिक विडियो और कंप्यूटर गेम्स (computer games) खेलते हैं वह उन लोगों से कम अच्छी नींद लेते हैं जो इन्हें नहीं खेलते। यदि आप उस मापदंड में फिट बैठते हैं और आपकी नींद लंबें समय से खराब चल रही है, तो अपने गेम्स के समय को कम करने का प्रयास करें।
इसके अतिरिक्त, पर्दों से तेज रोशनी, सोशल मीडिया (social media) केंद्र (जैसे आपका फोन और कंप्यूटर) तनाव पैदा कर सकते हैं और चिंताओं के स्तर को बढ़ा सकते हैं। आप फेसबुक (facebook), ट्विटर (twitter), टंब्लर (tumbler), इंस्टाग्राम (instagram), ईमेल (email), टेक्स्टिंग (texting), और अन्य जिस किसी भी सोशल मीडिया केंद्र में भाग ले रहे हों, कम से कम सोने से एक घंटा पहले उन्हें मना कर दीजए।
2. कुछ देर गर्म पानी के टब में लेटिए: त्वचा के तापमान के बढ़ने पर नींद का अनुभव होने लगता है और आपको गहरी नींद की गोद में कुछ जल्दी भेज देता है। सोने के समय से आधा घंटा पहले गर्म पानी से नहाइए या शावर लीजिए, और इनसे नींद आने का लाभ उपल्ब्ध कीजिए।
सबसे अच्छे परिणाम के लिए इसका ध्यान रखिए कि जल का तापमान 100 डिग्री फैरेनहाइट या 38 डिग्री सेंटीग्रेड से अधिक है। जो जल इससे अधिक ठंडा है वह गर्म जल के समान लाभ उपलब्ध नहीं करेगा।
गर्म जल से स्नान शिथिलता लाने के लिए बेहतर है, परंतु इससे अंतर नहीं पड़ता कि आप स्नान करते हैं या शावर लेते हैं, यह अवश्य सुनिश्चित करें कि आप 20 मिनट तक जल का आनंद उठाते हैं।
3. अपने कमरे को ठंढा रखिए: गर्म त्वचा और ठंढ़ा कमरा जल्दी नींद लाने के लिए उत्तम संयोजन है। अपने थर्मोस्टैट (thermostat) को नीचे लाइए जिससे तापमान 65 डिग्री या उससे नीचे रहे। ठंढी हवा का तापमान नींद लाता है और रात के पसीने को रोकता है। इसके अतिरिक्त ठंढा कमरा आपको अपने सार्थक विपरीत के समीप आने का बहाना देता है, जिससे चिंता और तनाव से मुक्ति मिलती है।
4. अँधेरा कीजिए: केवल इलेक्ट्रॉनिक उपकरण ही नहीं, उज्जवल प्रकाश भी नींद का शत्रु है। इनसे आपके शरीर को धोखा होता है कि अभी सोने का समय नहीं हुआ है, और आपके उन हॉर्मोनों को बढ़ने से रोकता है जो आपकी नींद के लिए उत्तरदायी हैं। जल्दी नींद से सो जाने के लिए तेज़ बत्तियों, रात की बत्तियों और लैंप्स को बुझा दीजिए। अपने मोटे पर्दों को भी बंद करना नहीं भूलें! प्रकाश रोकने वाले पर्दे मोटे पर्दों के साथ मिल कर जल्दी सो जाने के लिए अत्यंत लाभकारी होते हैं।
यदि आप सोने से पहले कुछ पढ़ना या लिखना चाहते हैं, तो शिरोपरि बत्ती या टेबल-लैंप के बदले एक छोटी पढ़ने वाली बत्ती का उपयोग करें। यह पर्याप्त छोटी होती हैं और आपके हॉर्मोनों को अधिक प्रभावित नहीं करतीं हैं।
यदि आपकी घड़ी चमकदार है, तो उसके स्क्रीन (screen) की चमक को कम करने के विकल्प का उपयोग करें। इसके अतिरिक्त इसका मुख दूसरी ओर कर दीजिए जिससे इसकी चमक आपके सामने न पड़े और समय देखने के लिए आपका ध्यान नहीं बांटे।
5. कोई पुस्तक पढ़िए: पढ़ना तनाव कम करने और दिमाग को हल्का करने में सहायता करने के लिए एक अनोखा उपाय है। कोई पसंद की पुस्तक चुनिए और सोने से पहले थोड़ी देर के लिए पढ़िए। डरावनी और गतिशील पुस्तकों से बचें, क्योंकि उनका उलटा प्रभाव पड़ सकता है और आप जितना चाहते थे उससे अधिक बाद तक आपको बिस्तर पर जाग कर काटना पड़ सकता है!
किसी मोटी पुस्तक को चुनिए जैसे, प्रेमचन्द की “कर्मभूमि”। यह पुस्तक कुछ देर पढ़ते-पढ़ते आपको नींद आने लगेगी।
Rice, when chilled overnight can contain up to 60 percent fewer calories than when freshly cooked — potentially dropping from 130 calories per 100g to just 52. But you need to cook it in the right way, according to research presented to the american chemical society.
When the water is boiling, before the rice is added, pour a little coconut oil into the pan — about 3 percent of the weight of the rice you’re using. When cooked, leave in the fridge for 12 hours to hugely reduce the calories.
This exciting phenomenon is down to the way starch in the rice changes when it is heated then cooled.
When cooked rice is eaten, its starch is turned into the sugar — glucose — by the body and converted into fat if not burned off.
However, when rice is chilled, its starch becomes what is called ‘resistant starch’, which the body cannot digest. This means it is not included in the calorie count.
The coconut oil stops the cold rice from sticking together, and also seems to produce more resistant starch in the rice, further reducing the number of calories.
Being a Dentist Dr. Ratnika Agrawal, I have lots of my patients who have the same query that "Though they brush twice a day", they still suffer from bad breath.
So, you have to understand the causes for bad breath. The root cause for bad breath are sulphur compounds produced by bacteria (Germs). Below are the conditions in which the bacterial count will increase in your mouth which can further lead to Bad Breath:- (Ascending in most probable way)
1. Periodontitis and Periodontal Diseases (Gum Diseases)
2. Plaque (Soft white substance on tooth)
3. Calculus (Hard white substance tooth)
4. Dental Cavity
5. Respiratory Tract Disease, Acid reflux disease (Something like Acidity), Diabetis (Ketoacidosis), Liver Disease, Kidney disease
The first 3 problems will solve with Scaling and Polishing and use of Antibiotics by your Dentist.
Your Dentist will give you mouthwash which will further reduce bacterial count in your mouth.
For 4th problem you have to visit your Dentist. There are numerous conditions and as such treatments for Dental caries.
And the 5th number problems can be solved by a registered medical physician. The acid reflux disease can further lead to Dental caries and subsequentlybad breath. The respiratory disease is a infectious condition which has to be treated by physician with antibiotics. In Diabetis sweet aroma is there in one’s breath due to ketons.
In conclusion, if your bad breath problem will not solve with only Brushing and Mouthwash, go and consult your nearer Dentist. He/She can definitely solve your problem.
Drinking enough water a day is stressed on by many doctors as well as elders. Many people have the habit of overlooking the importance of water in our daily life.
Why water is necessary?
The most common reason that most people are aware of is that it is essential for good digestion and smooth running of digestive processes. Lack of water does not give the digestive system enough fluids to digest the relatively dry food that enters our stomach. It prevents indigestion and constipation and leads to a healthy lifestyle.
It is essential to drink water to flush out the toxic byproducts of our digestive system. If not flushed out this could make a person very ill and hence, the necessity to drink enough water a day.
Not drinking enough water leads to accumulation of toxins in the kidneys, this can lead to urinary tract infections as well as kidney stones. Drinking enough water a day is an effective way of boosting one’s immune system and keeping illnesses like the flu, heart attacks and other ailments at bay.
Drinking water is essential to keep the body hydrated and helps boost energy levels. This aids in better concentration, which helps an individual function better. Lack of water leads to dehydration, which leads to exhaustion, sometimes to such an extent that they may faint if they are required to do work which requires a certain degree of physical strain.
Drinking enough water is also an effective method of weight loss. It helps to increase metabolism and therefore, it helps to maintain a steady weight and helps reduce excess body fat.
Water keeps the joints lubricated and helps prevent joint pains and cramps. It also keeps muscles elastic and helps increase agility and co-ordination. It also helps prevent headaches and migraines, which are very often caused due to dehydration, and helps keep a person fit to perform their daily chores.
Water in general helps in better functioning and increased efficiency in daily work. This helps an individual to carry out their duties with ease and without hindrances.
How much water does the human body need in a day?
For men it is roughly 13 cups or 3 liters
For women it is 9 cups or 2.2 liters a day to keep a healthy lifestyle.
However, it is wholly dependent on an individual’s body weight and their physical activities in a day.
Having sex is good for your health but what if not having sex is actually bad for you?
Maybe you're going through a dry spell in your relationship or you're single and short of quality partners. Whatever the reason, forced abstinence isn't fun.
Having regular sex is good for your health. It has all sorts of benefits, from increased serotonin and oxytocin levels to better cardiovascular health . You sleep better, you feel more relaxed and, more than anything else, it allows for intimate physical connection with your partner.
If you stop having sex, your body reacts too. Here are some of the things that happen to your body if you stop having sex.
1. You Might Feel More Stressed
Sex is a stress buster. The hormones released during sex help the body recover from stressful periods. That's why a regular dose of sex is especially beneficial for people with high-stress jobs. It's also why so many of us use sex as a way to blow off steam and decompress from our super-busy, anxiety-inducing lives.
If sex helps you cope with stress, what happens if you stop? Obviously, it will be harder to deal with your normal stress levels.
2. You May Fall Sick More Often
Regular sex is correlated with a better functioning immune system. In one study, participants who reported having sex regularly (at least once per week) were found to have higher levels of an important immunoglobin that is known to increase resistance to illnesses like the common cold. A strong immune system means you'll fall sick less often
3. Your Libido Might Drop
Libido can be tricky for many people. They want to have sex, but they don't feel like it ... so they don't. However, the more you have sex, the more you want to have sex. This effect can make abstinence a little easier, but it'll also make getting back in the saddle more of a challenge.
4. Arousal Might Get Harder
When deprived of sex for long periods of time, men have a harder time getting erections - women may also struggle with arousal and lubrication after extended periods of abstinence.
Masturbation can help, but so can going easy on yourself when you get back into sex.
5. You might become more Forgetful
Regular sexual activity boosts the function of your hippocampus, an area of the brain strongly linked to memory, Scientists believe that increased sexual activity can even reverse the effects of aging and stress on the brain.
Basically, when you have sex often, your brain produces new neurons, which makes it better at remembering and processing information. The study also showed that when sex stops, the higher memory and cognitive functions were lost, despite the presence of new neurons.
The Positive Side of Celibacy
There are some advantages to having less sex. You won't have to worry about pregnancy or STIs, for one. Going without sex for a while can also create space to focus on other things. At some points in our lives, that space can be really important. When you're in a relationship, not having sex can also open up other avenues fo physical intimacy. Those can be as important as sex, and can help boost your sexual connection when you get back at it.
Drinking buttermilk is excellent as it is easily digestible, kindles hunger, instigates vata and kapha and cures dropsy, haemorrhoids, enlargement of abdomen, abdominal tumour, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of spleen, loss of appetite, and anaemia.
1. Most fertile period for conception: midcycleplus minus 48 hrs, counting first day as d1 in 28 day regular cycle.
2. Safe period for sex: Excluding the period above.
3. Size of penis: Nothing to do with potencyor virility. 2.5 inches of erection is enough for sexual pleasure of woman.
Don't waaste money on ads.
4. I pill: Not required if having unprotected sex in" safe period"
Withdrawal bleeding mistaken and implantation bleeding.
5. Intercourse during period: matter of hygiene only. Chances of std more if unprotected.
6. Oral sex no ulcer in mouth cavity or genital.
No go in case of hepatitis B, stds.
I am a 42 years lady having pain lowest part of spinal chord. For this I can't sit for long time. Few months back I had knee pain but now its fine.
Lots of heat dissipation from my palm and feet always specially in the morning and night. In summers heat generation increases and gives feeling of discomfort.
Mere last daat ke masude mein sujan hai jisse gaal bhi infected ho gya hai Aesa eka baar pehle bhi hua tha but khud se thikho gya ab is wjh se pure left face mein drd hai Suggest kijiye kaise thik hoga?
Hello I had a c sec in month of November then I got period In January for one day and then again no period. Is it normal or tell me what should I do.
I take a medicine for pimples .doxirid 100 mg how long I take that tablet? I take that tablet since 2 weeks twice a day but pimples not completely cleaned. And also I take hot water evaporation to face and make a face sweat. It is right one or wrong? And also I apply multanimetti on my face. Only I control the pimples still now I cannot completely cure it ?what I have to do for completely overcome with acne? My facial skin also become very thick.
Adenoidectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the adenoid. The adenoid is a gland which is present on the roof of the mouth; its role is to produce antibodies to protect the body against infections. Usually the adenoid glands diminish during your adolescence and disappear by the time you are an adult. Respiratory and throat infections that are chronic in nature, are the main causes of infection in the adenoid glands.
Reason for the removal of adenoids
Throat infections that occur frequently can lead to the enlargement of the adenoid glands. When these glands become enlarged, it results in breathing problems and blockage of the Eustachian tubes. Blocked Eustachian tubes can cause infections in the ear which, in turn, causes severe hearing problems.
The surgical procedure is performed under general anesthesia in an outpatient mode. The removal of the adenoid glands takes place through the mouth. Initially, a small instrument is put inside the mouth to keep it open. After this, the adenoids are located in the mouth, following which they are scrapped off with a curette or by applying heat to the area by the process of diathermy (a technique to stimulate circulation by heating up a part of the body with the application of localized heat currents). Once the procedure is completed, you will be discharged on the same day.
Post-surgery, you may experience a sore throat for a few weeks. You must drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. Keeping yourself hydrated also helps relieve symptoms of post-surgical pain, if any. Oily and spicy foods should also be avoided as it may cause pain inside the mouth. Applying ice can also relieve pain symptoms. However, don’t apply ice directly wrap it in a cloth and then apply it on the neck. Do not undertake any stressful or strenuous activity for 7-10 days post-surgery to further facilitate the recovery process. Post-surgery, the risks of throat and ear infections are greatly reduced. Breathing through the nose also becomes relatively easier.
Cough is also known as a sudden reflex in which you have to clear your throat and breathing passage from microbes, irritants, fluids and mucus. You can also call coughing as the rapid expulsion of air from your lungs. Coughing can be both deliberate and involuntary. There are two types of cough which can make you suffer dry or wet. Wet cough is caused due to cold, cold extremities or viral attack. Dry cough is caused due to exposure to pollutants, smoke, environment and also if you have allergy from dust. Cough problems have an effect at your lungs, respiratory tract and immunity system. Ayurvedic treatment is oldest holistic medicine treatment and was developed thousands of years ago in India. Ayurveda promotes good health and can be used effectively for both wet and dry cough.
Ayurvedic remedy for wet cough:
Symptoms for wet cough includes pain in your throat and chest, fatigue and irritability.
1. Using liquorice powder (3 tsp), black peppercorn (1 tsp) and sugary candy (2 tsp) can make an effective natural home remedy. Crush all three ingredients all to form a powder and you should eat half tea spoon of this mixture 4 times a day.
2. Crush a little ginger to make a paste and paste it on a sieve. Extract the ginger juice and add honey (1 tsp). Mix well and heat it till it becomes lukewarm. You should eat 1 tea spoon thrice a day.
Ayurvedic remedy for dry cough:
The causes for dry cough include pneumonia, sinus infections and viral infections in your respiratory tract. Symptoms are fatigue and weak immune system along with an itchy throat.
1. Using almonds, butter and sugar makes for an effective natural Ayurvedic home remedy. Make a paste with 7 almonds (soaked overnight) and add 2 tea spoons of butter and sugar each to the paste. You should mix well and eat it twice every day, at morning and evening.
2. You can also make a paste by mixing small quantity of basil leaves, ginger and honey. Mix well and have 1 tea spoon thrice a day.
3. Take a glass of warm water and add 1 tea spoon each of turmeric powder and carom powder. Mix it well and drink the mixture about two times a day. This is an effective remedy for dry cough.
The mere thought of biting into a chilled watermelon or sipping chilled watermelon juice during summer is a refreshing thought. What many do not readily realise is that not just they are not just a refresher, but they are also loaded with multiple health benefits. Another surprising fact is that they have been in use since 5000 years ago and are referred to in ancient literature. There are about 300 varieties and are easily available during summer.
Many may think that watermelon is loaded with water. However, there are also multiple compounds including vitamins and minerals; vitamins C, A, B1, B5, and B6; minerals like potassium and magnesium, and compounds like carotenoids and lycopene. These have multiple benefits on the health and so watermelon can be consumed without any second thought in abundance.
Read on to know some of the wonders of this melon.
- Hydration: One of the best remedies to avoid the ill effects of summer is to improve hydration levels, and there could be no better way to do this than with watermelon (eat it or drink it!) It is 92% water, and therefore leaves you refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Heart health: Lycopene helps reduce cholesterol, reduce thickening of artery walls, and reduces oxidative stress. The various minerals and vitamins also add to the heart health qualities of watermelon. The citrulline in it also increases nitric oxide level in the body, which expands or dilates blood vessels and improves blood pressure.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The lycopene and vitamin C reduce the levels of C-reactive protein which are responsible for inflammation. The antioxidant levels also lower inflammation, thereby reducing the onset of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Eye health: Watermelons, through their anti-inflammatory effects, reduce the onset of age-related macular degeneration. Those who already have it can also see the delayed progression of the condition, thereby prolonging vision loss.
- Muscle soreness: Those who have muscle soreness should reach out for a slice of watermelon to get instant relief from this soreness. Watermelon also improves exercise endurance and performance, and the added benefit on the heart also improves exercise tolerance.
- Skin and hair benefits: These benefits come from multiple sources in the melon. The vitamin A helps improve skin regeneration, vitamin C helps collagen formation and improved skin tone. Lycopene and beta-carotene help control the damage caused by sun exposure and pigmentation.
- Digestive benefits: The very nature of watermelon almost completely water and high fibre directly benefits the stomach. It cleanses the stomach and promotes bowel movement. Not just the red portion, even the rind and seeds are beneficial as there is a lot of citrulline and chlorophyll which are also healthy.