Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr.Punit's - Hair & Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Foot problems are common among all people. Some foot problems are minor while some are severe and require immediate medical attention or surgery for treatment.
Here are some common foot problems, which require surgery:
- Bunions: These are bony lumps, which develop on the side of a foot and also at the base of the big toe. Bunions occur due to a condition called hallux valgus. This causes the big toe joint to bend in the direction of the other toes, resulting in deformity. This condition requires surgical correction. The surgery required is known as osteotomy, and it involves the straightening of the big toe and metatarsals.
- Hammertoes: Hallux valgus may result in your other toes being clawed or bent permanently. This condition is called hammer toes.
The damage can be eased by:
- Arthroplasty: It involves the removal of a deformed joint between the toe bones, resulting in joint flexibility.
- Arthrodesis: This process fuses the phalange and makes the toe stable.
- Metatarsal surgery: In some cases, the forefoot joints may get damaged due to the inflammation of the joint lining or synovitis, which results in arthritis. These joints are called metatarsophalangeal joints and they can get dislocated due to arthritis damage. Pain and discomfort are felt. Surgery is required when the symptoms are very severe and other treatments fail. The nature of surgery depends on the severity. The most common surgery is done on the big toe to remove the heads of the metatarsophalangeal joints.
- Ankle arthritis: This condition occurs because of osteoarthritis. The cartilages, which cover the ends of the bones roughen and get thin, which further thicken the bone underneath. It also results because of other rheumatic conditions. Pain and swelling is caused with an occasional joint deformity. Surgery may be required when the symptoms are very severe. The three major surgical options for treating ankle arthritis are ankle fusion, triple fusion and ankle replacement.
- Achilles tendon disorders: The Achilles tendon accounts for being the largest body tendon and great force is put through it when moving the lower leg muscles. This wears down with old age and causes swellings within the tendon accompanied by pain. Sometimes, surgery is required for fixing this condition.
- Morton's neuroma: This is a painful condition in which a nerve that gives sensation or feelings to the nearby toes is affected. The nerves are affected in the third and fourth toes. In case the symptoms are severe, a surgery is required.
Foot problems are prevalent in many people and they may occur due to various conditions or reasons. In case of severe symptoms, some foot problems require surgery for treatment. The most appropriate surgical method should be undertaken.
I have skin troubles, skin darkening, acne problem. What could I have for this? I also have menstrual problems, I didn't get my periods from 5 months.
I have alopecia areata. I am also under steroids treatment. But my hair becomes rough. Can I use 8X shampoo? Give me some suggestions.
I have white air in much quantity what should the diet and advice for me to reduce white air in maximum amount.
Hi there r few acnes on my nose which is making me look ugly I've tried everything but those r not going please help me out.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique of hair transplant has obtained considerable popularity over the past several years. This developing technique makes use of a small round punch to extort follicular units from the patient's donor areas. The follicular units are grouped to form grafts and then relocated into the patient's balding areas.
What makes FUE better than FUT?
FUE is essentially a subtype of FUT (Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation). FUT can be performed in two ways, either by microscopic strip harvesting technique or by FUE. The less persistent nature and rapid healing time have made FUE gain that extra edge over FUT.
How FUE is performed?
The follicular unit grafts usually occur in a grouping of one, two, three or four hairs. These grafts are carefully harvested directly from the donor scalp using a small punch whose size typically varies from 0.7 to 1mm. Through a multiple step blunt dissection process, the underlying follicular unit is alienated from the neighboring tissues. Thereafter, the follicular units can be extorted with the help of forceps. The pores left behind post removal of follicle get healed within few days.
These extracted follicles are relocated to the patient's balding areas with the help of forceps. This hair transplantation is done either immediately after a single graft is extracted or after the entire harvest is over. The entire extraction and relocation of hair follicle is carried out by experts of the field, aided by trained technicians.
Advantages of FUE:
- Less Invasive Technique: Unlike FUT, FUE involves individual extraction of follicles directly from the scalp using small punches. Thus, it does not require any closure of post-extortion wounds. This makes FUE less invasive in nature. This is definitely an advantage of FUE which makes it popular among the masses.
- No Linear Scars and Rapid Healing: FUT often leaves behind linear scars on patient's occipital and temporal areas of the scalp. Furthermore, the wounds due to FUT take more time to heal. Both of these problems are considerably reduced by opting FUE. FUE creates small, circular scars after the transplantation, which goes undetected. The wounds also get healed much rapidly.
- Option for Body Hair Transplantation: FUE opens wide options for probable donor areas of hair follicles. The hair follicles can be extracted from any part of donor's body which has got feasible hair growth. Thus, the hair supply gets increased for any hair repair operation.
- Best Suited Eyebrow Reconstruction: All those typical hair transplants, which require extortion of limited number of single hair follicles, FUE is best suited. The hair follicles are individually examined and picked by the FUE surgeons as per the requirement. Therefore, it is best suited for critical procedures like eyebrow reconstruction.
By exploring the advantages of FUE, it can be easily concluded that this developing hair transplantation technique will surely get highly popular in the coming years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have pimples on my face I used many type of creams. But there is no changes on my face then what should I do?
I am loosing my hair day by day. I had tried everything just like egg and expensive shampoos but nothing happened.
Twice a day, use a gentle cleanser suited to your skin type and acne conditions. Follow with a non-drying toner and lightweight hydrator even for oily skin.
Your body produces millions of skin, nail and hair cells over the course of your lifetime. Every day, the body transforms raw materials from food into keratin, a tough protein that is the basic building block of hair, skin and nails.
Genetics may determine hair color, how hair and skin ages, and the texture of each. Environmental factors such as exposure to tobacco smoke and sun, medication and drug use, and nutritional deficiencies may all be reflected in the appearance of your hair, skin and nails.
Hair is actually an accessory structure of the skin, as are your fingernails and oil and sweat glands. Skin is living tissue that forms the largest organ in the body, while hair is non-living tissue that has the second fastest tissue growth rate in the body (the fastest is bone marrow). Since skin is living tissue, proper nutrition can affect it quickly, while hair may need to go through a growth cycle before you experience the full benefit of nutritional solutions.
Hello. Actually my father has a big problem in foot. Some doctors are saying that it's problem looks like an eczema. And in foot there is itching also. So can you please tell me the process and any medicine for over this eczema. Please reply me as soon as possible.
I'm using patanjali amla hair oil for hair fall. hair fall is quite in control but right from start use of it I'm also having problem of pimples. So is it the reason of having pimples due to oil? Or, weather I should stop using that oil? Please suggest any any antibiotics for it?
Hi doc, I am suffering from post acne hyperpigmentation. Acne also keep erupting in between. Is there a permanent cure.
Hi, I am 18 year old and I started to go gym, my weight is 54 kg. How many times a day should I take protein to hair weight and muscle?
I am working student having a problem on hair fall from chest or abdomen & head which is not continuous but daily while I have shower it fall or if I rub my chest or abdomen the hairfall. Is there Ny serious problem or its normal.
Acne (characterized by the clogging of hair follicles because of the excess oil and the dead skin cells) is one of the most common skin conditions, especially among women and it can bring about a lot of social anxiety as well as self esteem issues in people who suffer from it acutely. Acne may be caused by a host of factors such as lifestyle issues, diet, hormonal problems and heredity. To tackle these issues, homeopathy has some really effective medications which can be used to treat it holistically rather than just on the surface of the skin.
Let’s have a look at these medications.
1. Pulsatilla: A commonly used homeopathic medication, Pulsatilla is a very versatile medication that is used to treat many ailments. It is very effective on young girls who have just hit puberty and are suffering from acne breakouts. Pulsatilla is very effective in treating acne triggered by irregular and infrequent periods. Many girls who complained of acne breakouts just before the start of menstrual flow stated that they were greatly benefitted by the use of Pulsatilla.
2. Dulcamara: Many women and even some men complain about acne breakouts especially during season change. This happens when the hotter season changes in to the colder season or even the other way around. Dulcamara is a great medication to handle these break-outs during the change of seasons.
3. Silica: This is a medication made from sand or silica and is very effective in treating cases of pus within the acne. Silica is very effective in countering acne caused due to irregularities in the immune system. This medication is effective if the person is of a thin and slim build and is quite sensitive to cold air or water.
4. Natrum Muriaticum: If your acne is caused by hormonal discrepancies caused by conditions such as PCOD (enlarged ovaries marked by the formation of tiny cysts), or other reproductive organ disturbances, then Natrum Muriaticum is the best medication to treat your acne. This is also very effective in treating acne in both young boys and girls who are suffering due to hormonal changes within the body. It can also help curb excessive oil secretion on your skin to control acne.
5. Calcaria Sulphuricum: Sulphur related medications are another common treatment option for acne, although they have to be mixed and matched with other ingredients to properly target the causes. Sulphur also has great effectiveness on acne with pus formation. Ideal patients who should be administered Calcaria Sulphuricum may exhibit intolerance towards heat and would generally like to be in the cold. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Which treatments should you consider to beat hair loss effectively?
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions.
Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss. Some of the most effective ones among them are
1. Platelet rich plasma therapy
Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don’t mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp gets injected by a vitamin using an injection gun to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
3. Stem cell therapy
This therapy works by replenishing the lost stem cells of the hair follicles. The process involves the scalp pores being inserted with stem cells, resulting in new hair growth. The function of stem cells here is to stimulate the mature and lifeless hair follicles, which leads to the formation of new healthy hair follicles. Generally, this therapy takes about 3 to 4 months to start the hair re-growth cycle.
4. Hair Transplant
In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. The surgeon would then remove a 3 to 4 inch strip of skin from this region, and use this strip to create hundreds of tiny grafts. These grafts are inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair.
Homeopathy is a branch of traditional medicine that aims to cure diseases and disorders by focusing on causal factors. Homeopathic treatment comes to your aid for all your big and small problems alike. If you are part of the league that suffers from oily skin, homeopathy will be your answer. In most cases, oily skin doesn't lead to severe health issues, but it does cause inconvenience. It makes you feel sticky and smudgy, leading to a loss of confidence.
Homeopathic cures to keep oil on the skin at bay
Natrum Mur: A good homeopath will administer this medicine only after having inquired a litany of things about your constitution. A homeopathic preparation varies from person to person depending upon the constitution of their body. If you have oily skin, you are prone to pore - clogging, acne, pimples and pockmarks. Natrum Mur efficiently deals with these problems. It helps in removing excess oil from the pores, making your skin glow at the same time. Prescription of this medicine is based on symptoms like inability to cope with difficulties, nervousness, intolerance to heat exposure, and an agitated disposition.
Psorinum: Your greasy skin often casts a shadow on your natural complexion. Oily skin makes you look exhausted at all times of the day. You can benefit from Psorinum as it deals with the overactive
sebaceous glands, cleans the pores of your skin, treats pimples and also fights dark patches. People who sweat profusely and suffer from body odor problems or people susceptible to cold are usually advised to take this medicine.
Silicea and Kali Bromatum: Excess oil secretion often leads to the development of pus containing acne or pimples. These pimples, when diminish, may leave permanent or long lasting marks on your face. Scars and marks further result in pigmentation. Such problems can take a huge toll on your psychological health, leading you to be overly concerned about the way you look or losing interest in self appearance. In this regard, Silicea and Kali Bromatum can work wonders for your oily skin and its resultant effects.
Berberis Aquifolium: No amount of make up can mar the appeal of clear skin. If you have oily skin, you are likely to face dullness. Since dirt easily settles on a greasy skin, it can make you look darker than usual. Berberis Aquifolium is an unparalleled medication in homeopathy that treats the above conditions without any side effects.
Papular urticaria is a very common reaction to insect bites. It is more commonly seen in youngsters than in grown-ups. Spots with itchy red bumps of 0.2 to 2 cm in width may appear every few days during the summer or autumn months. In some cases, each spot builds up a blister that usually contains liquid.
Despite the fact that the general frequency rate is unknown, papular urticaria has a tendency to occur during spring and summer months. Common symptoms of urticaria can differ from person to person, and as a rule, they tend to create blood red, raised spots on the pores and skin. It creates a bothersome skin sensitivity that may include tiny bumps. Here are a few ways through which you can treat the disease:
- Antihistamine: Take an antihistamine solution to lessen the tingling sensation and swelling. Antihistamines that could help in frosty hives are claritin, zyrtec, cyproheptadine, doxepin, ketotifen.
- Herbal teas: Herbal teas are additionally very effective in treating papular urticaria. The best home-grown teas to take are parsley or peppermint. These home-grown cures can mitigate the irritation and redness from the skin disease.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is best taken orally, as it gives quick relief from papular urticaria.
- Staying away from certain foods: Staying from foods that could trigger the disease is important. It is essential that you know about the kinds of foods that could trigger the skin condition. Make a note of the ones you doubt and which ones are causing discomfort to your skin. Also, you can go through 31 food allergy tests to know which ingredients you are allergic to.
- Table salt and water: Simply blend table salt with water and drink the mix. This could reduce the skin issue and give it some relief.
- Hot and cold packs: Hot and cold packs can help in treating papular urticaria if you apply it on a daily basis to the influenced areas of your skin. Ensure that you use clean towels. It would be better in case you can wash up to lighten the irritation and uneasiness brought on by the skin problem.
- Water with turmeric powder: Another simple and straightforward home remedy is mixing water with turmeric powder. Drink a glass of this solution once every day until the side effects begin to vanish.
- Essential oils: One of the most famous and successful oils to treat this skin issue is chamomile. Apply the oil to the affected skin range and the irritation and redness of your skin will be at ease.
- Topical steroids: Topical steroids in the form of a cream is a prescribed treatment that is instantly beneficial for the influenced skin and when the lesions tend to develop.
- Topical soothing agent: Calamine salves and other topical calming lotions are useful in diminishing the irritation.